Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

AEK Athens H Match Thread

4 at the back is the formation to go with when Ndidi is playing. 

5 at the back when Mendy plays. 

Ndidi has that extra layer of security we can depend on with 4 defenders behind him. Good to have options nonetheless. 

• Like 1

Would have liked a 3rd just to be 100% safe. I don't think much of these but if they fluke a lucky goal you never know. 

Hopefully we can get Jonny Evans off soon to give him a rest and NDidi will probably come off on the hour.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Dan LCFC said:

Very comfortable. Much better in this formation and with Ndidi holding things together. Under's what we often miss - somebody prepared to just have a go at the opposition.

We see this and so will BR but there is a very good chance he’ll start N’Didi and Mendy together in the next league game and sacrifice any attacking threat we have.

I hope not and I hope BR sees the benefit of setting up positively against weaker teams.

Easiest game we'll have for a while. Before we get too carried away with "oh we've played an attacking formation so this is what happens", we've still relied on a mistake (albeit a great finish) and a deflection. 

But job done so far, we should see the game out comfortably. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Leaving aside Southampton away, have you ever seen a more one sided half of football ?

Amazing.  :scarf::scarf:

Quite enjoyable, too.

Yes - the first 45 mins away to Bournemouth last season :ph34r:

• Sad 1
  • Haha 1

Barnes is a confidence player...that goal at the start of the match makes all the difference to him.If he misses a sitter ,the head drops straight away.He needs to get the head up all the time.Under has been different class.Im loving Thomas,a no nonsense player and again Justin playing to his usual high standard.

• Like 1

Opposition hasn't been great in this group but to win it (should we win this) only needing Vardy for roughly one full match minutes wise is a really good effort.

Glad to see Barnes, Under and Thomas flourishing and something so reassuring about Ndidi in there controlling things.

I'm not complaining after THAT half, as obviously works, but the only thing I'd like to see done differently is that Youri seems to be playing quite deep.

Could he get involved more offensively a bit further up the pitch ?

Maybe not.  As I say, we can hardly criticise, can we? lol

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

4 at the back is the formation to go with when Ndidi is playing. 

5 at the back when Mendy plays. 

Ndidi has that extra layer of security we can depend on with 4 defenders behind him. Good to have options nonetheless. 

Kinda disagree on an element of this. 

Yes Wilf makes the difference... always does! But the extra layer in the 4 comes from the fact there’s two in the centre of the pitch PLUS Wilf. 

with a 5 there’s only ever two in the middle and we get over run. 

If we played 5-3-2 it might be different. But because it’s 5-2-2-1 there’s too much pressure on us between midfield and defence.