Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Brighton 3-0 post match thread

1 minute ago, Tom12345 said:

@baldeagle Don’t laugh mate. We have been through plenty of games this season where we are chasing and we play exactly like how we played in the last 15 mins of this game. You will then be complaining about why we don’t seem to believe in ourselves to chase for the win anymore.

I’m laughing because we just won 3-0 and you still find something to complain about . Just enjoy the win 

• Haha 2

1 minute ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Really great first half gave us the opportunity to take it easy in the second, really solid night's work.

Justin was Susan again, turning out to be an absolute bargain.

He was whatting Susan :o

• Haha 1

Just now, Nod.E said:

By the way how much better is Amazon Prime than Sky? 

They're actually talking about the game rather than finding a way to talk about the big 6.

Was Thinking Exactly that would pay Extra for Amazon to stream every game than Sky !

Sky are just arrogant ignorant thinking they’re untouchable biased Tw@s !!

• Like 3

Brilliant! Glad to see they took advantage of others dropping points this weekend, played with grit and determination and killed the game off in the first half and at home! Squad rotated brilliantly again too to keep everyone fresh. Well done Leicester 👏👏👏👏👏👏

Wow. What a display! I couldn't be happier. I was worried about the formation to start with. That, added to the dropped points by Spurs and Liverpool made me think I've been here before, and was half expecting a repeat of the Fulham debacle. Credit to Rodgers - he spotted the problem and fixed it quickly.

Credit also to Maddison. He's not been on form for a while now. Was great to have a reminder of the player he can be. Fantastic today. More of the same, please.

JJ seems to just keep on stepping up a level. A faultless performance, really. Can't believe I'm saying this, but Ricardo and Castagne aren't guaranteed their place in the team at this rate. Yet another gem we've dug up.

Aaaaand as if the day wasn't good enough as it was, Arsenal lose at home to Burnley. Going to wank myself into a stupor over AFTV. Lovely stuff.

No one outside of LCFC seems to be aware of how many injuries we have had. Listening to radio 5 live extra commentary (I followed the tips I got after grumbling about our website video coverage ) I could start dreaming again, with Soyuncu,Castaigne ,Pereira due to return to the squad. Meanwhile can only say very well done. It would n't take much more effort plus some luck. Under, Barnes and Madison are now  finding where the net is hidden and maybe we could even stand Jamie Vardy missing the odd match through injury. I should n't say it but I reckon we're at least a 15-1 shot. Just a few years back we were 5,000 /1  and won it with points to spare. 

Very good!

As I said at half time, I hold my hands up when I first saw the team, with what gone before I thought ffs, here we go again, possession for possession sake, sideways football is back, did we learn nothing from Thursday that we actually can attack teams that will sit behind the ball and it can be effective?!

Anyway, we did, we went forward, with pace, intensity, purpose, it was exciting!

2nd half was nothing really to write home about but we didn’t need to, we’d done enough and with games coming thick and fast that's they way to do it, get the work done early if possible then don’t exert yourself too much further on. Even then though the 2nd had none of this dire sideways crap, we still went forward!

More of the same please!

Edited by Matt
  • Like 2

5 minutes ago, Babylon said:

You know we’d been top of the league and Europe without him? I mean, it’s great to have him back but I don’t think we can pin it on him. 

No not at all I am not saying that  Mendy has been great . What I am saying is it no coincidence that the last two games we have looked a lot better with Wilf back in the side . 

Edited by baldeagle