Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC 2-2 Man Utd - Post Match Thread

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Thought it was a really interesting discussion. They all concluded that we are an impressive club and doing things the right way but Scholes is still of the 'old fashioned' view that Arsenal are the better club to go to. That's the mentality we need to smash. A couple of years at Seagrave and we absolutely will be a bigger club than Arsenal.

Another season or two of doing what we are will go a long way to smashing that. 

Brilliant facilities, an elite manager, playing good football. For any footballer with a brain, we're an attractive option. 

• Like 1

Just now, SOCCERROO FOX said:

It's my first time on here for years. I genuienly thought you died 10 years ago! Glad to see you are very much alive.

Merry Christmas pal

Haha! I nearly did, but alas I'm still here and still supporting from the sidelines. Not had a season ticket since league one though 😂

Good to see you back on here. Don't be a stranger 👍

• Like 2

Happy with a point but we’re so flimsy centrally. Tielemans and Maddison are so easy to play through and it’ll keep costing us. Praet isn’t the answer long term but he’s not a hologram like those two are most of the time.

What surprises me is NO VAR check on the bruno foul! maybe stockly park were on mute? we've been seeing yellow/red cards given out left right and center in previous games. Today looked bleeding obvious the bias was towards manure. Anyway, we move on and hope the boys get the 3 pointer in the week

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

Another season or two of doing what we are will go a long way to smashing that. 

Brilliant facilities, an elite manager, playing good football. For any footballer with a brain, we're an attractive option. 

Absolutely - however the "footballer with a brain" could be a major stumbling block..... :)

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Thought it was a really interesting discussion. They all concluded that we are an impressive club and doing things the right way but Scholes is still of the 'old fashioned' view that Arsenal are the better club to go to. That's the mentality we need to smash. A couple of years at Seagrave and we absolutely will be a bigger club than Arsenal.

I think that even if Arsenal got relegated Scholes would say he’d sign for them over us, but that says more about him

than us. I quite like it, it makes it even sweeter when stick it up em.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

What surprises me is NO VAR check on the bruno foul! maybe stockly park were on mute? we've been seeing yellow/red cards given out left right and center in previous games. Today looked bleeding obvious the bias was towards manure. Anyway, we move on and hope the boys get the 3 pointer in the week

Then we have to listen to the likes of Glenn Hoddle saying the ref made the 'sensible' decision by ignoring yet another yellow card foul by Fernandez. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Happy with a point but we’re so flimsy centrally. Tielemans and Maddison are so easy to play through and it’ll keep costing us. Praet isn’t the answer long term but he’s not a hologram like those two are most of the time.

Youri was easily the best of our midfielders today. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

I also found it interesting. You also have to consider location. Unfortunately as a young player going to London will always be an advantage. I do agree 2/3 more years of us being up there and it will change. The discussion about Rodgers future was also worth while. Where he would eventually end up. Imo apart from Arsenal or possibly Chelsea I can’t see him going to any other so called top 6 club. 

• Like 1

Just now, winteriscoming said:

I also found it interesting. You also have to consider location. Unfortunately as a young player going to London will always be an advantage. I do agree 2/3 more years of us being up there and it will change. The discussion about Rodgers future was also worth while. Where he would eventually end up. Imo apart from Arsenal or possibly Chelsea I can’t see him going to any other so called top 6 club. 

Arsenal, Chelsea and Man City are all realistic in next few years. 

Can see Pep walking after his contract ends. 

39 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Why did we only make one substitution?

Surely with another match in two days he should have made all three to keep a few  key players fresher.

I know what you mean, but I don’t think Rodgers wanted to disrupt the side and concede another late goal

14 minutes ago, Stadt said:

Maddison went missing today, Youri was bossing it Preat should probably be given a chance in the next one