Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Newcastle United (a) Pre-Match

Gotta be strongest side. Not sure Ünder will start due to missing the last couple through injury. Wonder if we’ll also finally see Fof, Evans and Soy together?

Kasper
         Fofana Evans söyüncü 

Justin Tielemans Ndidi Castagne 

Maddison Vardy Barnes 

but would probs prefer Perez over Söyüncü to give us a slightly more attacking side and more creative threat as we will likely need to break them down. 

Kasper 

Justin Evans Söyüncü Castagne

Ndidi   Tielemans 

Perez     Maddison     Barnes

Vardy

21 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

He's a right back mate. His tackling and dribbling stats generally top the league for his position.

Yeah defensively he is exceptional, I feel going forward he has a bit more to give. We were very weak when it came to creativity down the right side last season and that was more down to Perez than Ricardo but I'm interested to see the joy we would have in a 3-4-2-1 with Justin at RCB and Ricardo at RWB and obviously Ricardo and Ünder could be devastating.

14 minutes ago, Hansifüx said:

Do you think Castagne could play defensive midfield occasionally, I'd like to see Cags at the back and I also like the idea of having Castagne and N Didi in defensive midfield ... I am thinking as an option to allow Maddison-Tielemans rotation if needed. ?

He probably could. I've actually said before that he's a strange wingback in that he seems to play more like a CM the he does a winger like traditional wingbacks. 

Although, I'm a bit weary about stuffing round pegs in square holes just to fit in our beat players. Our title winning season is the perfect example of what can happen if you play people in their strongest and most natural position. 

1 hour ago, majaco said:

If everyone is fit, we should start with 7 at the back.  Justin can"t be dropped on current form.  Pereira and Castagne have to start.  Leaving Evans, Soyuncu or Fofana on the.bench would be sacreligious.  And we don't want to upset Big Dan

Experimental front three of Thomas, Morgan and Fuchs ???

I think it'll be

Schmike

Justin Fofana/Soy Evans Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes

I am praying that Tielemans plays a more attacking role and we can get a W. Would be good to see Soy back out there and Ünder if fit.

4 minutes ago, lgfualol said:

I think it'll be

Schmike

Justin Fofana/Soy Evans Castagne

Ndidi

Tielemans Maddison

Perez Vardy Barnes

I am praying that Tielemans plays a more attacking role and we can get a W. Would be good to see Soy back out there and Ünder if fit.

I like Maddison as part of the midfield three, now we have Ndidi back hopefully gives him more freedom to get closer to Vardy.

Hopefully Perez scores against his old club, Vardy always scores up there and Barnes is in good form, he’s confident and on a roll.

It will be interesting to see who Brendan picks. We should have our best players and team available today except for Ricardo. 

So, what could possibly go wrong? 😇

1 minute ago, Haywood_6 said:

Statistically one of the worst attacking teams in the Prem. 

The only person keeping them in games is Karl Darlow who's in the form of his life.

Put a good side out, and we should get the win. But this is football so **** knows.

Expect to concede a goal or two then.

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Haywood_6 said:

Statistically one of the worst attacking teams in the Prem. 

The only person keeping them in games is Karl Darlow who's in the form of his life.

Put a good side out, and we should get the win. But this is football so **** knows.

That’ll be a hat-trick for Callum Wilson then... 

2 hours ago, Ashley said:

We score from a corner today

Oi lads. Don't laugh. 

It came up on my Facebook memories 10 years ago we broke the curse of not scoring from one, believe it was Bruno Berner against Swansea? Could it wrong. 

Edit: It was. 

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/football/eng_div_1/9331323.stm

Edited by Ashley