Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Newcastle United (a) Pre-Match

Just read matchday with the manager. What a load of bullshit. Brendan you're bigger than this, get confident for christ sake. Newcastle are n't good and Bruce is a 4/10 manager so don't get complacent but for god's sake don't talk them up to levels even they can't imagine. You have a better team , are a far better manager and we expect a win. We know noone can guarantee that but at least talk as if you expect it too. I don't like cockiness but love confidence. And don't forget to rollick them at half time if we're not two up so you can risk easing a few of the wounded in for the second half.

Edited by Alan Frost
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Just read matchday with the manager. What a load of bullshit. Brendan you're bigger than this, get confident for christ sake. Newcastle are n't good and Bruce is a 4/10 manager so don't get complacent but for god's sake don't talk them up to levels even they can't imagine. You have a better team , are a far better manager and we expect a win. We know noone can guarantee that but at least talk as if you expect it too. I don't like cockiness but love confidence.

It's all just generic waffle, what he says to the media and what he really believes will be completely different. 

9 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Just read matchday with the manager. What a load of bullshit. Brendan you're bigger than this, get confident for christ sake. Newcastle are n't good and Bruce is a 4/10 manager so don't get complacent but for god's sake don't talk them up to levels even they can't imagine. You have a better team , are a far better manager and we expect a win. We know noone can guarantee that but at least talk as if you expect it too. I don't like cockiness but love confidence. And don't forget to rollick them at half time if we're not two up so you can risk easing a few of the wounded in for the second half.

I think we need an old Bob team talk before kick off.

7 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

A manager can't go into a game saying "Yea they're pretty shit and Bruce is a sub-par manager who I will outsmart with ease" for many reasons but one being it would give the opposing team a hell of a lot more motivation. No manager in the Prem has in my experience said anything other than describing the other team as 'good' or the match as a 'tough test'.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Collymore said:

It's all just generic waffle, what he says to the media and what he really believes will be completely different. 

Yeah but its on our website. I like him as a manager but want to hear him with more confidence that the players gradually soak up. mangers talking up the opposition are really saying if I lose this is why. Don't want to hear it.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Yeah but its on our website. I like him as a manager but want to hear him with more confidence that the players gradually soak up. mangers talking up the opposition are really saying if I lose this is why. Don't want to hear it.

Honestly the vast majority of interviews aren't worth listening or paying any notice to. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Torten said:

A manager can't go into a game saying "Yea they're pretty shit and Bruce is a sub-par manager who I will outsmart with ease" for many reasons but one being it would give the opposing team a hell of a lot more motivation. No manager in the Prem has in my experience said anything other than describing the other team as 'good' or the match as a 'tough test'.

1 minute ago, Torten said:

Yes I know that its all part of football's bull shit. The answer is if they are crap don't talk about 'em and stop feeding out bull shit. I don't remember Ranieri ever giving out this cosy media/football crap, but then I was n't on the forum then so maybe I'm wrong. I like BR as a manager but would like him to radiate a bit more confidence before a match. By all means tell'em they were  good when you've won. Thats humility. 

15 minutes ago, Torten said:

Probably Keegan was the last time during Newcastle's title race and we all know how that ended...

Edited by Collymore

15 minutes ago, Alan Frost said:

Didn't work so well for Big Sam and him saying Arsenal were relegation rivals. I agree with above, don't publicly give any extra motivation to the opposition in the media. What he says behind closed doors, I imagine will be very different. 

Brendan wants to keep the pressure off the players by keeping expectations realistic. Similarly Steve Bruce said Newcastle could not be expected to do much more than stay clear of relegation. Newcastle do have the sort of big players than can cause trouble at the back such as Callum Wilson so we need to be careful about conceding set pieces today.

I am sure privately Brendan thinks we have the players with the skill to win this and it will be a question IMO of whether we play with a bit of pace and convert possession into goals 

13 minutes ago, brucey said:

Would have preferred Perez to Sharky, but it's decent

Hope this is n't repeat.        Like it. Bollickings all round at half time if we're not 2 up so we can put a couple of the decent recovering guys on.

No broadband, mobile data hotspot today.

Really wanted it to be on BT Sports (Which I get through TV, or even BBC ideally!) and would have been willing to stomach Amazon due to it’s better footage.

But on Sky Witless it is a bitter pill to swallow watching this whilst it chops through my data.

For the team. :scarf:

• Like 1