Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....why would Gray accept a contract now with 6 months to go on his contract!!!

If Leicester get the £1.8m, Gray gets paid at best the same wage (which we are at present paying him) for another lets say 3 years, but if he holds out for 6 months more, he gets a big signing on bonus because his new club did not have to fork out a transfer fee. We would be talking a £2m+ to sign on and still be on the same wage scale.

Now if the £1.8m was to cover his wages for the next 6 months as a loan, then it would make more sense.

Maybe just wants to get back playing? Will be able to sign a good contract considering they only paying £1.8 million. 

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....why would Gray accept a contract now with 6 months to go on his contract!!!

If Leicester get the £1.8m, Gray gets paid at best the same wage (which we are at present paying him) for another lets say 3 years, but if he holds out for 6 months more, he gets a big signing on bonus because his new club did not have to fork out a transfer fee. We would be talking a £2m+ to sign on and still be on the same wage scale.

Now if the £1.8m was to cover his wages for the next 6 months as a loan, then it would make more sense.

Because they're buying a player for £1.8m that they probably value at £10-15m so they'll happily front load £5m to Gray and his agent. The £1.8m to us is no more than the going rate for a loan fee.

Guest Hansifüx

I would like to see him in the Bundesliga. I am pretty sure wherever he moves he will do really well ... but that said he seems not to be someone for the top clubs, e.g. not Bayern, not Dortmund, and probably not Leipzig (who are not interested in him at this stage) where expectations are different, in such teams you need to fit in perfectly  ... I think that is mainly why it is not working at Leicester ... Leicester is playing for the title even when everyone is very humble about it ... last season it was very close and this season it is a very similar situation but there are a few back up players who could help with the last bit .... 

10 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Does anyone think we'll play him in the cup tomorrow? He'd certainly have an incentive to play well.

I think the Palace game was the final nail in his coffin. I'd be majorly surprised of he played for us again.

Unless of course we get a huge injury crisis. 

Edited by Koke
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Does anyone think we'll play him in the cup tomorrow? He'd certainly have an incentive to play well.

I hope we do but if he were to get injured we get nothing for him and he leaves on a free, I guess?

Just now, Nick said:

I hope we do but if he were to get injured we get nothing for him and he leaves on a free, I guess?

We'll leave on a free anyway. Spares our regulars and I think trying to help him find another club won't go unappreciated by the players.

Just now, Webbo said:

We'll leave on a free anyway. Spares our regulars and I think trying to help him find another club won't go unappreciated by the players.

I wondered if we might get a fee for him if he goes in the next week?

On 19/01/2021 at 12:54, sdb said:

He absolutely won't go this window. He'll want to stay in England, get a fat pay check and see out his time with us. You literally know he'll be warming west hams bench on 70k p/w this time next year 

100% this will happen. 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

.. that is where it is going and was always the plan,  as far as Gray was concerned!!!

There appears to be a lot of people who are looking for some money for him when he leaves, it is not going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Nick said:

I wondered if we might get a fee for him if he goes in the next week?

The only teams that would sign him now are teams that are desperate to stay up and think he'd make a difference. If that hasn't happened yet that probably means those teams either aren't interested or he isn't. Every other team can wait 6 months and sign him for free.

15 minutes ago, Webbo said:

Could use him on the left to give Barnes a rest or at least come on after 60-70 mins. Unless there's a cash deal close for him of course

42 minutes ago, Webbo said:

The only teams that would sign him now are teams that are desperate to stay up and think he'd make a difference. If that hasn't happened yet that probably means those teams either aren't interested or he isn't. Every other team can wait 6 months and sign him for free.

To want to sign him though would require him to score a few goals else it’s back to the championship. The only opportunity for him to sell himself is in cup games, I’d be playing him simply for that reason. You never know, he might bang them in if we played him up front instead of on the wing.

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

Not really, he's not going to want to risk injury.

Turning it on against Brentford second string is going to make a llot of difference to where he goes.

We signed him from brum for 3.5mill he was on 12k a week then he kick up when he found out chilwell was on 20k a week.So we gave him 55k a week so just picking up his wages every week doing nothing.Could say the same about James and King for the last couple of years on similar Grays  doesn't have the desire to kick on.But the money we spent on Silmani and Silva Grays rcontract was a drop in the ocean.Hes no better than Jeff Schlupp and hes not really kick on.If it was me I would pay his contract up and get rid.

23 minutes ago, AshbyBlue said:

We signed him from brum for 3.5mill he was on 12k a week then he kick up when he found out chilwell was on 20k a week.So we gave him 55k a week so just picking up his wages every week doing nothing.Could say the same about James and King for the last couple of years on similar Grays  doesn't have the desire to kick on.But the money we spent on Silmani and Silva Grays rcontract was a drop in the ocean.Hes no better than Jeff Schlupp and hes not really kick on.If it was me I would pay his contract up and get rid.

hes way worse than schlupp tbh. as much as schlupp loved a row z hitter, he certainly has some fairly consistent strengths. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, JamesfromlondonLCFC said:

hes way worse than schlupp tbh. as much as schlupp loved a row z hitter, he certainly has some fairly consistent strengths. 

Gray is crap but he's definitely better than Schlupp. Gray can at least control a ball, pass and move and has decent footwork. Schlupp runs in straight lines and can't do much else. Schlhpp is a Championship player who lucked out with Palace buying him. Gray is a lower end PL player. 

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Koke said:

Gray is crap but he's definitely better than Schlupp. Gray can at least control a ball, pass and move and has decent footwork. Schlupp runs in straight lines and can't do much else. Schlhpp is a Championship player who lucked out with Palace buying him. Gray is a lower end PL player. 

For a Championship player, he’s spent a lot of time in the premier league, winning a league title and playing lots of games. 

• Like 1