Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

I think my issue with Gray has always been that he’s got a slightly inflated sense of his own ability. He was very public about his frustration at not getting game time in 16/17 even though he was behind Mahrez and Albrighton who’d just won the Premier League. A lot of bleating, but not much to show on the pitch to demonstrate that he should be first choice.

I suspect it’s the same now. I think he expects a decent level Premier League option where he’ll get game time. Leicester would find it much easier to shift him on to the Championship or to a desperate PL club, but I think he believes he might get a better offer. 

It might be the case that someone will be prepared to give him a go if he’s not got a fee and it’s just wages and signing on fee, but it will be fascinating to see who. I honestly can’t believe that Spurs or a similar level club would be interested.

Despite our disappointment that he’s never built on his obvious talent, he really hasn’t shown us anything to suggest he’s someone we’ll miss. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...not going to happen...what would be the point, 6 months down the line he signs for free with big fee!!!

That 1.8m world go to Leicester rather than Gray which is what I think you're saying hopefully we can push him out of the door so he can start playing football. 

He must have some desire to play...

Just now, Grebfromgrebland said:

That 1.8m world go to Leicester rather than Gray which is what I think you're saying hopefully we can push him out of the door so he can start playing football. 

He must have some desire to play...

....why would Gray accept a contract now with 6 months to go on his contract!!!

If Leicester get the £1.8m, Gray gets paid at best the same wage (which we are at present paying him) for another lets say 3 years, but if he holds out for 6 months more, he gets a big signing on bonus because his new club did not have to fork out a transfer fee. We would be talking a £2m+ to sign on and still be on the same wage scale.

Now if the £1.8m was to cover his wages for the next 6 months as a loan, then it would make more sense.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If Leicester get the £1.8m, Gray gets paid at best the same wage (which we are at present paying him) for another lets say 3 years, but if he holds out for 6 months more, he gets a big signing on bonus because his new club did not have to fork out a transfer fee. We would be talking a £2m+ to sign on and still be on the same wage scale.

Now if the £1.8m was to cover his wages for the next 6 months as a loan, then it would make more sense.

Gray can start his career now or wait until the summer, I'm sure he wants to get going ASAP.

Gray could also get a terrible injury between now and the summer which could leave him with a club and an income. 

Just because Leverkusen might be willing to pay Leicester £1.8m now doesn't necessarily means they'd give that to Gray in the summer. Ryan Fraser waited until the end of his contract and ended up at Newcastle without the huge wages he wanted.

56 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Big ifs around it but he clearly rates himself. If he goes to Leverkusen and performs very well for 6 months and a few injuries hit our players, he could think he can work his way back into the euros 

3 minutes ago, Gerard said:

Gray can start his career now or wait until the summer, I'm sure he wants to get going ASAP.

Gray could also get a terrible injury between now and the summer which could leave him with a club and an income. 

Just because Leverkusen might be willing to pay Leicester £1.8m now doesn't necessarily means they'd give that to Gray in the summer. Ryan Fraser waited until the end of his contract and ended up at Newcastle without the huge wages he wanted.

...sorry I thought my post was quite clear!!!

If Gray signed a contract with  Leverkusen now, he would  not be getting a big signing on fee. That is because they have shelled out to buy him.

If he waits till the end of his contract, that is he stays with Leicester then he would get the signing on fee as Leverkusen would not have paid any monies  to procure his services from Leicester. 

5 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Big ifs around it but he clearly rates himself. If he goes to Leverkusen and performs very well for 6 months and a few injuries hit our players, he could think he can work his way back into the euros 

...I  am not quite following your post!!!

If  Gray goes to Leverkusen for 6 months that would take him to the end of his contract with us.

Are you inferring that should we experience injuries and Gray is recalled (assuming he is on a loan) and we are not yet at the end of his contract with us, then he has the chance to showcase his skills to enable him to play International football?

I am just not understanding where you are coming from. 

50 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...I  am not quite following your post!!!

If  Gray goes to Leverkusen for 6 months that would take him to the end of his contract with us.

Are you inferring that should we experience injuries and Gray is recalled (assuming he is on a loan) and we are not yet at the end of his contract with us, then he has the chance to showcase his skills to enable him to play International football?

I am just not understanding where you are coming from. 

Sorry no, it was in reference to ‘why would he leave now’ 

From his point of view, I’m sure if he played well for the next 6 months in Germany and England had a few injuries (it would take a lot) he could have a shot of getting called up. 

if he stays with us there is absolutely no chance he gets the nod. 

Edited by Lambert09

With all the back handed social media antics, you’d like to think he just wants to play football. 

He’s frustrating as he clearly has something. Reminds me a bit of Ravel Morrisson. 

Best of luck to him though, as it’s fair to say he’s done at Leicester. 

2 hours ago, Sly said:

With all the back handed social media antics, you’d like to think he just wants to play football. 

He’s frustrating as he clearly has something. Reminds me a bit of Ravel Morrisson. 

Best of luck to him though, as it’s fair to say he’s done at Leicester. 

Think the term is ‘damning with faint praise’ lol

9 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

He would still get a good signing on fee, I know he's not especially well regarded round here but he's still a 15 million (minimum) player being sold for a fraction of that because of his contract situation. 

So plenty of room for the player and agent to get a decent sum. 

Edited by The whole world smiles