Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

Southampton apparently interested.  Sounds like he ticks the "homegrown" box to fill the squad.  If there's any truth in it and there was a chance that he could get close to first team action then Southampton would be a good move for him.  Same article also mentions Benfica, Marseille and Monaco lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13634716/southampton-transfer-demarai-gray-leicester/

15 minutes ago, nnfox said:

Southampton apparently interested.  Sounds like he ticks the "homegrown" box to fill the squad.  If there's any truth in it and there was a chance that he could get close to first team action then Southampton would be a good move for him.  Same article also mentions Benfica, Marseille and Monaco lol

https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/football/13634716/southampton-transfer-demarai-gray-leicester/

I find this pretty funny. Our fans in the past have wanted to sign Redmond. Their fans probably would want Dimi

both are essentially the same player. Blow hot and cold, highlight players that are actually not very good. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, AjcW said:

The reason the Euro clubs are linked is because it'll suit their business model, get him for a season, watch him get good numbers in sub par leagues, sell back to England for £20m

This is good motivation for European clubs to get him in, but it's also because foreign clubs can approach players when they are within 6 months of the end of their contract.  English clubs wanting a free transfer from another English club have to wait until they're within 30 days of the end of the contract (I think).  That's why there'll be plenty of chat about foreign clubs this January.

A foreign move would be brilliant for him from a footballing angle, but I can see him hanging around trying to get a move to another prem team at the end of the season as he will get paid £20k per week more in the prem than he would anywhere else.

Just now, nnfox said:

This is good motivation for European clubs to get him in, but it's also because foreign clubs can approach players when they are within 6 months of the end of their contract.  English clubs wanting a free transfer from another English club have to wait until they're within 30 days of the end of the contract (I think).  That's why there'll be plenty of chat about foreign clubs this January.

A foreign move would be brilliant for him from a footballing angle, but I can see him hanging around trying to get a move to another prem team at the end of the season as he will get paid £20k per week more in the prem than he would anywhere else.

Yeah good point!

To be honest, I genuinely think we'd let him join another Prem/Champ team for a nominal fee in January just to lose the wages. He's been here a while and I feel like we're the sort of club that will treat players in his situation well.

At the end of the day he's not moaned publicly once.

1 minute ago, AjcW said:

Yeah good point!

To be honest, I genuinely think we'd let him join another Prem/Champ team for a nominal fee in January just to lose the wages. He's been here a while and I feel like we're the sort of club that will treat players in his situation well.

At the end of the day he's not moaned publicly once.

Yes.  Whilst he has never really reached his potential with us and has thus been something of a disappointment, he has, to be fair, never really moaned about the situation.  He's been here for a while, always on the fringes.  Clearly he doesn't have a future here but probably realises that he'd do himself no favours moaning about it.  I would think that on balance, we'll be happy to run his contract down as I would think it's been budgeted for and can't see there being many players coming in this January.  It will do him a favour because moving on a free gives his agent more room to negotiate a fat signing on fee at his next club.  He just needs to keep his head down and stay fit.

9 minutes ago, Hburton198099 said:

i'm very worried about demari he wants to quit Leicester if he leaves the foxes we will have to find a replacement for him i want him to stay

Do we really need to replace him? He's played about 10 minutes this season. I think we'll be alright.

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Hburton198099 said:

i'm very worried about demari he wants to quit Leicester if he leaves the foxes we will have to find a replacement for him i want him to stay

Thanks for your concerns Mrs Gray but your son needs to stop being a dick

on social media and get down to the championship immediately.

• Haha 1