Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

He must be asking for a shit load.

You'd have thought a Championship club would be interested. Could even be Celtic's new Scott Sinclair.

With some of the clubs his agent is putting out in the press, you get the feeling that he's either not getting a move or that he'll get a move and be stuck on the bench again.

I can't see him going, personally. He's been on the market for, realistically, a year or so. He's obviously asking too much or there's something on his end that's holding this all up. We payed, in today's money, peanuts for him. Clubs are either waiting until summer or they just don't think he's worth it. 

Sadly, he's a championship player who never lived up to the potential. 

• Like 1

I suspect the list of never ending clubs ‘racing for his signature’ is nothing more than agent gossip to increase his wage at the one or two clubs who are actually interested. 

Gray is one of the biggest wastes of money ever - thankfully he wasn’t an expensive flop. There is no way he is ready to move to a club playing Champions League or even Europa League football. In fact, I would suggest that he’s closer to the Championship than the Champions League. 

Edited by Jakemoore

I believe that Gray has a high perception of his own ability that has never quite transferred to his performances on the pitch. That’s not to say he categorically can’t do it, but usually you have to demonstrate your potential first before you demand attention. 

I suspect that his ego will stop him going to a struggling PL side or Championship side as he’s going to have to graft. He might well get a slightly better offer in the summer and have his pick of more clubs but, at some point, he’s going to have to consistently deliver the performances that he thinks he’s capable of. 

Edited by Jobyfox

4 hours ago, Jakemoore said:

I suspect the list of never ending clubs ‘racing for his signature’ is nothing more than agent gossip to increase his wage at the one or two clubs who are actually interested. 

Gray is one of the biggest wastes of money ever - thankfully he wasn’t an expensive flop. There is no way he is ready to move to a club playing Champions League or even Europa League football. In fact, I would suggest that he’s closer to the Championship than the Champions League. 

That's a bit harsh! It's not like he's come in and not featured. He filled a gap for a number of seasons until we had better options, all for a relatively modest fee. 

2 hours ago, South Shire Fox said:

I mean we signed a Portuguese midfielder for 20 million that played 15 games in 4 years. A Corby Town standard winger in Rachid Ghezzal and a reserve goalkeeper for 12 million each but a guy we signed as a young prospect who cost absolute peanuts and has made some useful cameos over the years is ‘one of the biggest wastes of money ever’. Have a day off mate ffs 😂

Also could have cashed in for £20m at one point when Bournemouth wanted him.

Gray like Kaputska came here as cheap but with plenty of potential, I'm happy for my club to sign these type of players even though neither worked out. We might also near as damn it get our money back on Gray if we sell him to Leverkusen for €3m.

1 minute ago, suffolk fox said:

Can see it now.....German coach to Gray,,,,, Wir mochten, class sie auf dem Flugel Spielen? (we want you to play on the wing)

Gray looks slightly confused.......in a horrible Brummie accent says

you wot m8?

Or mistranslation...you wot m8, flugel-spielien....Not me I've had my fill with hubschrauberroter..!!

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, AjcW said:

I don't think it's anything to do with him asking for too much.

He's got a young child, is in a new relationship and also knows that he absolutely needs to get his next move spot on for the sake of his career! 

A decision on moving abroad is huge, especially as I believe the child is with a former partner, although i'm not sure whether DG is primary care giver, all these things will be factoring into his decision.

He's never moaned once and when called upon he's played and even played in reserves. IMO he's just being sensible and making sure he gets this move right for everyone involved.

That’s simply not true.

At one point he spent a good proportion of his life on social media moaning about a lack of first team opportunities 

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

That’s simply not true.

At one point he spent a good proportion of his life on social media moaning about a lack of first team opportunities 

People on FoxesTalk spend a lot more time bringing up his posts than he ever did making them. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 2