Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

Have always wanted us to play Leverkusen. My Uncle and Cousin live there and are Leverkusen fans and both work/worked at Bayers. However now Gray looks like he is going there, 8 am not sure if I want to play them now and Gray scores  the winner for them as that is likely to happen 

1 hour ago, LC/FC said:

It's telling that out of all Ranieri's signings that only Mendy is kept because to come back from his injuries requires a strong mind, and is a testament to him that he's an important member of the squad and capable deputy for Ndidi and a good partner with Youri. 

Amartey signed under Claudio too.

He has not progressed at all since the day we bought him. I kept thinking he would improve and mature as a player but he just hasn't and seeing Barnes come in after his loan spell and hit the ground running and then continuing to improve, has really been the final nail in the coffin for Gray's time here.

We probably should have sold him quite a while ago, but I am glad Rodgers got a good look at him too, as if he can't get anything out of him, then he is well and truly done here.

Hope he goes abroad, Leverkusen would be ideal. He needs a serious wake-up call and a reset. 

I just don't think he has the ability to be a Premier League player though. Starting to think Iheanacho is going the same way too, unfortunately! 

• Like 1

10 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Problem was he never fitted in the team/club. He wasn't a player that was screened through the club's normally rigorous filtering process that our recruitment is renowned for.

He was just one of Claudio's follies, mesmerized by stunning preseason goal but like many of his purchases: Inler, Benalouane, Musa, Slimani... None of them have that hard working, intense mentality we desire in our players.

It's telling that out of all Ranieri's signings that only Mendy is kept because to come back from his injuries requires a strong mind, and is a testament to him that he's an important member of the squad and capable deputy for Ndidi and a good partner with Youri. 

Ranieri signed ndidi to

3 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We haven't had a decent 7 in years. Dean Hammond, musa then Gray I think? That's shambolic really.

Ronaldo Rudders is the the nephew of Anderson Perry playing in the Ecuadorian National League North.

I can't help wonder if a sports psychologist could have helped with Gray. There's clearly a player in there, but there is also a reason a succession of managers have not managed to get a consistent tune out of him.

It really is baffling how someone can come on now and again and make a difference as a sub, earn a start then do absolutely naff all. The more I think about it, the more I think there is something wrong with Gray's psyche.

51 minutes ago, Incognito said:

I can't help wonder if a sports psychologist could have helped with Gray. There's clearly a player in there, but there is also a reason a succession of managers have not managed to get a consistent tune out of him.

It really is baffling how someone can come on now and again and make a difference as a sub, earn a start then do absolutely naff all. The more I think about it, the more I think there is something wrong with Gray's psyche.

Or he’s just not very good or not clever enough  or even both . I’d suggest the latter . Not everything has to be psychological 

Edited by baldeagle

15 minutes ago, Incognito said:

haha what a load of waffle, this ain't some kind of psyche ward opportunity ffs. Some players have it some don't, Grays just at his limit.

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Incognito said:

He is just not as good as he makes himself out to be, has the attitude sometimes of a pouty child. Does the half-decent cameo, gets his chance and then does nothing. Wouldn't believe he was a Premier League winner at one stage.

Looks like he is turning down PL clubs in favour to a move to a European club, good luck to him. Might help to restart his career.

5 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

He is just not as good as he makes himself out to be, has the attitude sometimes of a pouty child.

I'm just going to reply 'evidence please?' every time someone posts this shite. 

24 minutes ago, Chocolate Teapot said:

We haven't had a decent 7 in years. Dean Hammond, musa then Gray I think? That's shambolic really.

In all the time I've supported the club, I don't think we've really had a proper no.7. Joachim might be the last one, and that's very slightly before my time. I think it should be a key player with flair/goals. Right winger, ideally, or maybe a LW or striker. Lennon was a great player, but he's not a no.7. The closest thing I think we've had was probably Hume or Gallagher. I thought Keith Gillespie might be one when we signed him, but he was disappointing. Am I forgetting anyone?

Just now, AjcW said:

I'm just going to reply 'evidence please?' every time someone posts this shite. 

HA. I take your shite comment and draw your attention to the Shakespeare days. Most players would keep up the effort behind the scenes but he instead shows his ages and immaturity, goes to the media and undermines his own manager's authority.

NOV 10, 2017 - Demarai Gray Reveals Frustrations Over Lack of Playing Time Under Craig Shakespeare

"Being in and out of the team is not good. You see the players that are getting selected. A lot of them are playing regular football at their club and we all know what Gareth is about. If you are in good form and doing well at your club, he will put faith in you."

"That is why I felt very disappointed at times because I felt I was being held back by not playing. I know what I'm capable of. I think with my last few performances I have started to show people what I can do."

"Over the last 18 months I've been held back a bit. There were times I felt I could have played, but it was the manager's decision. Everything happens for a reason and I think I've got through the rough stage. It's settling now. Since Puel came in, I feel I'm going to get more chances."

Thanks to the above, Shakey was called out and chose to give Gray more game-time Look how that panned out. If you're going to stick your neck, back it up with good performances. Gray has not done that. How's that for a shite comment?

• Like 1

He's a petulant man child. I'm fairly sure he believes the issue has been with the various managers, as opposed to himself. Just hasn't wanted to knuckle down and apply himself. Such a shame, as the cameos show he had undoubted technical ability. Not to mention good pace. But I struggle to remember a game where he's applied that over 45 mins, let alone a whole match. 

29 minutes ago, Bezzanator89 said:

HA. I take your shite comment and draw your attention to the Shakespeare days. Most players would keep up the effort behind the scenes but he instead shows his ages and immaturity, goes to the media and undermines his own manager's authority.

NOV 10, 2017 - Demarai Gray Reveals Frustrations Over Lack of Playing Time Under Craig Shakespeare

"Being in and out of the team is not good. You see the players that are getting selected. A lot of them are playing regular football at their club and we all know what Gareth is about. If you are in good form and doing well at your club, he will put faith in you."

"That is why I felt very disappointed at times because I felt I was being held back by not playing. I know what I'm capable of. I think with my last few performances I have started to show people what I can do."

"Over the last 18 months I've been held back a bit. There were times I felt I could have played, but it was the manager's decision. Everything happens for a reason and I think I've got through the rough stage. It's settling now. Since Puel came in, I feel I'm going to get more chances."

Thanks to the above, Shakey was called out and chose to give Gray more game-time Look how that panned out. If you're going to stick your neck, back it up with good performances. Gray has not done that. How's that for a shite comment?

That comment was from 3 years ago. Am I missing something?

Not saying it’s inconceivable the guy is a d*ck tho. lol