Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Gray to..........

2 minutes ago, majaco said:

I won't be surprised if he does well.

If he gets an England cap in the coming years, I will use it as an opportunity to moan about the injustice of Albrighton never being capped.

I will be shocked if he does, frankly.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's a petulant man child. I'm fairly sure he believes the issue has been with the various managers, as opposed to himself. Just hasn't wanted to knuckle down and apply himself. Such a shame, as the cameos show he had undoubted technical ability. Not to mention good pace. But I struggle to remember a game where he's applied that over 45 mins, let alone a whole match. 

Fit.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Bezzanator89 said:

HA. I take your shite comment and draw your attention to the Shakespeare days. Most players would keep up the effort behind the scenes but he instead shows his ages and immaturity, goes to the media and undermines his own manager's authority.

NOV 10, 2017 - Demarai Gray Reveals Frustrations Over Lack of Playing Time Under Craig Shakespeare

"Being in and out of the team is not good. You see the players that are getting selected. A lot of them are playing regular football at their club and we all know what Gareth is about. If you are in good form and doing well at your club, he will put faith in you."

"That is why I felt very disappointed at times because I felt I was being held back by not playing. I know what I'm capable of. I think with my last few performances I have started to show people what I can do."

"Over the last 18 months I've been held back a bit. There were times I felt I could have played, but it was the manager's decision. Everything happens for a reason and I think I've got through the rough stage. It's settling now. Since Puel came in, I feel I'm going to get more chances."

Thanks to the above, Shakey was called out and chose to give Gray more game-time Look how that panned out. If you're going to stick your neck, back it up with good performances. Gray has not done that. How's that for a shite comment?

Okay so big issue here...

"Thanks to the above, Shakey was called out and chose to give Gray more game-time Look how that panned out."

The quote you've posted there is from an interview with Gray talking about how things have improved for him since Puel came in, so... well... your 'thanks to the above' point is invalid.

A million and one players come out publicly and talk about struggles under previous managers, it's not like he's said it whilst Craig was still at the club, as you've suggested. 

18 hours ago, Dan Gliballs said:

Amartey signed under Claudio too.

Love Dan but really his injuries have made him a bit part player. He's either been shunted to RB or usually 4th or 5th choice for CB. 

10 hours ago, tylesta said:

Ranieri signed ndidi to

I'm going to assume Ndidi went through the club's normal recruitment process of screening and were looking at him way beforehand rather than someone he saw offhand. 

20 hours ago, LC/FC said:

Problem was he never fitted in the team/club. He wasn't a player that was screened through the club's normally rigorous filtering process that our recruitment is renowned for.

He was just one of Claudio's follies, mesmerized by stunning preseason goal but like many of his purchases: Inler, Benalouane, Musa, Slimani... None of them have that hard working, intense mentality we desire in our players.

It's telling that out of all Ranieri's signings that only Mendy is kept because to come back from his injuries requires a strong mind, and is a testament to him that he's an important member of the squad and capable deputy for Ndidi and a good partner with Youri. 

You say out of all claudios signings only mendy is kept. Then a sentence later mention he is a good debut for your n ndidi.

Was stating that ranieri actually signed ndidi as you clearly didnt know

1 hour ago, tylesta said:

You say out of all claudios signings only mendy is kept. Then a sentence later mention he is a good debut for your n ndidi.

Was stating that ranieri actually signed ndidi as you clearly didnt know

Must be such a fun soul with that pedanticness...

Let me clarify then. The majority of the signings Claudio probably asked for himself have failed. Bringing out 1 or 2 from half a dozen duffs doesn't suddenly make those duff signings not duff. 

But if you wanted to actually be pedantic enough, you'd have actually read the entire post where I alluded they were his own personal signings and most of them probably didn't GO THROUGH THE CLUB'S USUAL RECRUITMENT PROCESS.

And this info comes from former Head Scout Steve Walsh's where Claudio made signings that didn't fit the club from the scouting reports. i.e. Slimani, and he signed them anyway.

Ndidi from his profile was a club scouted signing to replace Kante. Mendy on the other hand was wanted by Ranieri, before we even got Kante after Walsh kept badgering him about N'golo, because he'd previously worked with Mendy at Nice.

So it's not that I didn't know that we signed Ndidi under Claudio... But I do know that there are club wanted signings and manager wanted signings. So I don't group Ndidi with the manager signings unless somehow Claudio went to Genk personally to spot him.

Looking more and more like he's signed a pre-contract with Leverkusen and we won't get a cent.  If so, that's our badass front office outplayed by Demarai and his agent. who will surely be pocketing eight figures.

26 minutes ago, KingsX said:

Looking more and more like he's signed a pre-contract with Leverkusen and we won't get a cent.  If so, that's our badass front office outplayed by Demarai and his agent. who will surely be pocketing eight figures.

I don't care, just get him gone!

He has not been a success. From his social media stories, I don't see him as a model pro, who has dedicated himself to his profession, and trying to earn a first team spot.

If I am wrong, then fair enough.....then he's just not good enough at the sharp end of the Prem.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KingsX said:

If it is a pre contract with Leverkusen then no need not to announce it.

It would be best for us and for Gray's career if a move happens in January otherwise he's taken a year out in what should be the best years of his career.

40 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

I don't care, just get him gone!

He has not been a success. From his social media stories, I don't see him as a model pro, who has dedicated himself to his profession, and trying to earn a first team spot.

If I am wrong, then fair enough.....then he's just not good enough at the sharp end of the Prem.

I can’t wait for him to leave just so I don’t have to read posts about people still making a thing about his social media posts (which really were nothing). 

He didn’t work out here. Big whoop. We signed him for peanuts. 

On 27/01/2021 at 07:49, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

He's a petulant man child. I'm fairly sure he believes the issue has been with the various managers, as opposed to himself. Just hasn't wanted to knuckle down and apply himself. Such a shame, as the cameos show he had undoubted technical ability. Not to mention good pace. But I struggle to remember a game where he's applied that over 45 mins, let alone a whole match. 

This thread is completely insane. 

26 minutes ago, The_77 said:

This thread is completely insane. 

Cheers. It was harsh maybe. But not all of it. He hasn't applied himself enough and you have to wonder why?

Personally i have taken against him. I can excuse lack of ability. As that's the managers / clubs fault for buying you. But I don't excuse a lack of application. That's down to him.

That's my opinion. But you are welcome to another stance if you will.