Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

How come the whole only raising the flag for offside when it's bleeding obvious goes out the window when we're playing a team expected to finish beneath us? Quite a few very marginal offsides on Vardy got called immediately today, whereas whenever we play one of the big boys it feels like they let everything go and let var sort it out afterwards.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, seanfox778 said:

To be fair. Sky do this every Sunday, they move straight to the 16:30 game because it is so close to kick off. 

Would they do that if our match was second on? Or dedicate the build up to Chelsea vs Manc by talking about our match? Just reminds me why I ditched my Sky contract. 

• Like 1

Very happy with the 3 points. We made it much harder than it should be for ourself. Some fine performances today, especially in the second half. Shout out to Albrighton, usually he's the one that frustrates me the most but he was crucial towards the end of the game, both his assist and the defensive play. If Barnes could improve his shooting ability I believe he would be one of the best wingers in the world.

Just now, what? said:

How come the whole only raising the flag for offside when it's bleeding obvious goes out the window when we're playing a team expected to finish beneath us? Quite a few very marginal offsides on Vardy got called immediately today, whereas whenever we play one of the big boys it feels like they let everything go and let var sort it out afterwards.

There were loads of times today where we played on and the flag was raised after the move was completed, including one where Vardy scored and one where Tielemans had a great shooting opportunity?

Also I’m not sure why anyone is surprised with a lack of Sky coverage with another game 15 minutes after. The 5 minutes of stoppage time in the first half probably didn’t help their schedule.

Just now, Spudulike said:

Would they do that if our match was second on? Or dedicate the build up to Chelsea vs Manc by talking about our match? Just reminds me why I ditched my Sky contract. 

It is just terrible coverage from sky really, better when the match is shown on other channels rather than sky 

I think I wanted Under on for Albrighton after half time but can't remember if it was before or after Youri's goal. But, and this isn't a slant on Under, I don't think Youri gets that ball if Under is in Albrighton's position there. Glad he stayed on and carried on running right til the end. 

Albrighton always puts in a shift and it might not be pretty but he is reliable. Like Milner for Liverpool. Every side needs those kinds of players. 

• Like 4

The game was won until the switch to five at the back, from then on we looked shaky.

It doesn't suit Soyuncu as we saw in the second half of last season, it's worrying that Rodgers keeps returning to it. I also think we seem more composed and less rash with Fofana instead of Soyuncu.

7 minutes ago, twister said:

sloppy at times

the second goal was the difference between the team top class finish but a international midfielder

Thought barnes was sloppy at times for him, Mark ran his legs off today shoved a few critics thoughts down their throat for me

Spot on analysis, 2 good goals, Albrighton gave it his all, Ndidi MOTM for me, was nicking the ball of Newcastle constantly. 

1 minute ago, Blueman1967 said:

Good win, didn't need the sub at the end, it put us under pressure 

Happens ( or seems to) every time BR tries it . Withdraw a midfielder , throw Wes / Cags on and we suddenly look more brittle at the back than we had all game 

• Like 2

Guest seanfox778
Just now, Spudulike said:

I'm not on their side, I was just pointing out that they do it every week and it is nothing new.

10 minutes ago, FerrisBueller said:

Good 3 points, both goals were well worked, could have had a few more. Nice to see Cags back, gonna have some serious selection headaches soon.

Little nervy at times, the ball went across our six yard box a few too many times for my liking, a more switched on forward could have got a couple there.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what would happen if they awarded that peno for handball? (seemed pretty blatant to me), as we scored from the play straight after.

I believe pen and goal cancelled 

• Thanks 2

8 minutes ago, Wolfox said:

For the many who questioned the Albrighton inclusion…. He had a stormer and is so important to the way we play

He’s in on merit…

....I do not think anyone was saying Albrighton did not  warrant a place on merit!!!

The reason for the call for Ünder to be included was the nature of the team we were up against and a game which would suit him well. Surprised he did not come on later as we needed someone intelligent wide who can beat a man and definitely stretch defenses.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Chester Dontlie said:

Very happy with the 3 points. We made it much harder than it should be for ourself. Some fine performances today, especially in the second half. Shout out to Albrighton, usually he's the one that frustrates me the most but he was crucial towards the end of the game, both his assist and the defensive play. If Barnes could improve his shooting ability I believe he would be one of the best wingers in the world.

To be fair, he's just scored two great goals and without the goalies head, would have scored today.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, StanSP said:

I think I wanted Under on for Albrighton after half time but can't remember if it was before or after Youri's goal. But, and this isn't a slant on Under, I don't think Youri gets that ball if Under is in Albrighton's position there. Glad he stayed on and carried on running right til the end. 

Albrighton always puts in a shift and it might not be pretty but he is reliable. Like Milner for Liverpool. Every side needs those kinds of players. 

If you're defending a lead you'd probably prefer Albrighton to Under. 

• Like 1