Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

14 minutes ago, Paddy. said:

**** Sky Sports. 3rd in the league and that's all we get? Disrespectful 

Did you really expect anything else from sky tbh? Its always the same old bs concentrating on the "top 6" matches, which btw man city are not! And Chelsea only just! Ffs sky

8 minutes ago, hejammy said:

Sky to Pep - "How important to get a win against a fellow big 6 club" sky really do lick the crap off the boots of the "big 6" clubs don't they 

Love to prove them wrong. T

here's a reluctance to discuss Leicester, apart from in a semi-dismissive manner. These commentators are so much more comfortable talking about those six teams and their managers. They build discussion around that. Sadly they will for ever continue to do so as it's their bread and butter. By sitting in the top six as we have done for 70 plus weeks now makes these sheep slightly uncomfortable. 

5 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

The game was won until the switch to five at the back, from then on we looked shaky.

It doesn't suit Soyuncu as we saw in the second half of last season, it's worrying that Rodgers keeps returning to it. I also think we seem more composed and less rash with Fofana instead of Soyuncu.

Pretty sure we only brought Soyuncu as a direct response to Carroll coming on.

Not sure it's indicative of always reverting to a 5 to see a game out 

• Like 2

Fofana and Evans were the epitome of imperious this afternoon. One of their best performances alongside each other so far, excellent. 

N’didi was the difference really in midfield. He was doing everything Newcastle weren’t in their midfield. 

Albrighton had a good second half as did Tielemans, Barnes and Vardy. Maddison took his goal well. Castagne and Justin also looked decent. 

Just now, coolhandfox said:

To be fair, he's just scored two great goals and without the goalies head, would have scored today.

Fair enough, but I was hoping he'd bang one in today, he had a couple chances. The kid is electric. He's shooting ability is decent already, he's having his best season right now, just imagine how good he would be if he could step it up a notch

• Like 1

1 minute ago, martyn said:

Pretty sure we only brought Soyuncu as a direct response to Carroll coming on.

Not sure it's indicative of always reverting to a 5 to see a game out 

Before he got injured I noticed that Soy was much better in a back four and we had looked really shaky with him in a back 5. I think the West Ham game was one example. Brendan makes loads of written notes so I am sure he knew this.  I was surprised he did this move and don't think it was a response to Carroll coming on. After the changes we looked really confused at the back as a result. 

5 minutes ago, King of Gipsy Lane said:

8 pts from 12 over Christmas, wasn’t a spectacular performance today but how could it be with so many games and travelling in a short period, very impressed by the mental strength of this squad, the manager is special we need to enjoy this while it lasts 

We’ve been superb. Few bumps naturally but given the circumstances of everything at the moment we’ve been nothing short of excellent.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Wolfox said:

For the many who questioned the Albrighton inclusion…. He had a stormer and is so important to the way we play

He’s in on merit…

Leicester fans, cant Pick a player...neither can they read a game....

Albrighton One of this seasons Top performers, Maddison still nursing the knocks,but we get to see some Sweet movements from him...I

Wise for Rodgers to bring on Soyu, had to Balance the Carrol sub.. Their goal was from a Silly undisiplined foul,by One of our best players..

Thats football...,and our Left Side defence, didn t Act quick enough...again thats football..!!

Only complaint, we were too slow moving the ball to Maddison & Barnes, and putting ourselves on the front foot in the First half.

Nobody was poor, just again sometimes too passive...Thats up to the players.....

I am more than happy, 3 pts away, just as we are slowly getting our quality players back to Match fitness....with One still notmatch  fit &  ready...

Great to see Soyu back..and more game time for...Ndidi,Castagna, & Maddison....

Tielemans is just a Dynamo that keeps turning over....

Edited by fuchsntf
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Webbo said:

We conceded from a corner, something we've done many times this season. Nothing to do with the substitution.

It invited Newcastle onto us and gave them a foothold. We invited pressure which resulted in more situations Newcastle got chances to score from, which they did.