Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Newcastle 1-2 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Good 3 points, both goals were well worked, could have had a few more. Nice to see Cags back, gonna have some serious selection headaches soon.

Little nervy at times, the ball went across our six yard box a few too many times for my liking, a more switched on forward could have got a couple there.

Out of curiosity, does anyone know what would happen if they awarded that peno for handball? (seemed pretty blatant to me), as we scored from the play straight after.

1 minute ago, honeybradger said:

Our late game management was terrible, pass around the back and keep possession when we want to score, play direct and keep on losing the ball when we want to hold onto a lead.

I know. We suck.

Take the 3 points and move on. Hard fought and glad we were able to withstand the aerial stuff at the end. You always felt we would get our quality right on a couple of occasions. 

I thought Evans were outstanding. Tielemans with a brilliant finish, wish he'd do that more. 

Not the best of games but was always likely against a Bruce side. 

Just now, honeybradger said:

Our late game management was terrible, pass around the back and keep possession when we want to score, play direct and keep on losing the ball when we want to hold onto a lead.

I thought the formation change with Maddison's substitution saw us concede the midfield and consequently invite pressure.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well done LCFC. More nerve racking listening to radio, maybe Newcastle played better than expected. Liverpool with their best 3 forwards could n't score against them. Good for morale, 3 points which was essential, and a bit of match time for Soyuncu. Alls well that ends well.

sloppy at times

the second goal was the difference between the team top class finish but a international midfielder

Thought barnes was sloppy at times for him, Mark ran his legs off today shoved a few critics thoughts down their throat for me