Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simoken

Danny Murphy

Danny Murphy is a twat  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Danny Murphy is a twat

• Yes!
    • Maybe

He's definitely in the bracket of those pundits that sell off all our players to bigger clubs (like Jenas) and at the same time doesn't like that a new club has entered the fray to become a top 6 club. 

Not a fan of his commentary or punditry really. Too middle of the road. Don't see what he offers. On Keown levels but perhaps not as bad as McManaman or Carragher. 

• Like 2

I'm not sure why we have a single thread for just one pundit. Based on your reasons maybe a whole Forum - Shit Pundits would be more apt. 

This thread is like pissing in the wind.

6 minutes ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Ok then who is a very good pundit who seems to give us respect.  Robbie Savage always seems to when I have heard him and even Alan Shearer on MOTD but can’t think of anybody else!

I’ve listened to quite a few radio pundits of late. Pat Nevin is excellent. As is Rob Green. Vicki Sparks was the commentator on our game on 5live yesterday. Also excellent, as was her summariser Stephen Warnock

16 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Ian Wright 100%. 

He's totally opposite of Murphy. He sees where we've come from and in particular Vardy given the similar journey. He can appreciate what we do and how we've got where we are as a club and isn't angrily jealous about it especially where Arsenal are these days. 

At first he was just a Paul Merson heart on his sleeve with no analysis type but I feel Ian Wright has grown up and evolved as a pundit without losing any of his character.

i think he feels he needs to stay edgey or somehow relevant because the new kids on the block, particularly Micha Richards (who, for what its worth, i think is a brilliant pundit) are clearly a cut above, and his screen time is becoming less and less. 

• Like 2

Pundits I like,

Pat Nevin, Ally McCoist, Alex Scott, Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Micah Richards, Jamie Redknapp, kris Boyd and ofcourse Lineker. 

Ones I can't stand, 

Keane, Owen, Neville, Carragher, souness, Nicholas, Tim Sherwood and ofcourse Murphy. 

I have an unexplainable soft spot for Clinton Morrison for some reason. He's absolutely terrible at being a pundit/commentator but I find it endearing and can't justify why. 

3 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Pundits I like,

Pat Nevin, Ally McCoist, Alex Scott, Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Micah Richards, Jamie Redknapp, kris Boyd and ofcourse Lineker. 

Ones I can't stand, 

Keane, Owen, Neville, Carragher, souness, Nicholas, Tim Sherwood and ofcourse Murphy. 

I have an unexplainable soft spot for Clinton Morrison for some reason. He's absolutely terrible at being a pundit/commentator but I find it endearing and can't justify why. 

Exactly the same here. I can't explain it either

• Haha 1

Is this because of his Tielemans analysis on MOTD2?

I did get the feeling that he was basically saying that now Tielemans is a consistent performer & is physically fitter, he's good enough to move on to one of the bigger teams.

I don't like the bloke.  There's barely any pundits I do like.