Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Simoken

Danny Murphy

Danny Murphy is a twat  

146 members have voted

1. 1. Danny Murphy is a twat

• Yes!
    • Maybe

As a downward career former Fulham plodder you'd imagine he would be less 'big club' obsessed. Maybe he feels he wasn't given the chance he thinks he deserved and wishes to push every other players career forward with his he is good enough comments that simply drip off his tongue. To be fair though all football coverage is big 6 obsessed. I still have anger moments over the 2015 Leicester home game against manure when as a then Sky subscriber I got to hear half an hour in the 45 minute pre match build up about the fantastic manure players, followed by onto Leicester. That 15 minutes was did you know who Kaspers dad is and lets see Peter in goal action. I almost kicked the telly, but instead cancelled Sky.

The best way to ignore the punditry is to use the mute or off button, or better still the fast forward is excellent.

6 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Here's the deal with TV and Radio pundits.

Say something nice about us = Legend, good insight, knowledgable

Say something neutral, negative or bad about us = Arsehole, doesn't know Jack, lazy pundits

It's amazing that many like the "siege mentality" and "don't care what people say about us" yet go SO VERY UPSET as soon as Sky don't do any pre or post match punditry on our game, or people aren't 100% nice about us all the time.

We're a sensitive bunch.

Yeah I tend to agree. I don't care if someone is negative about us so lokg as they've done a bit of research to back up their claims. It's the lazy, clichéd punditry that does my head in

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Pundits I like,

Pat Nevin, Ally McCoist, Alex Scott, Ian Wright, Alan Shearer, Micah Richards, Jamie Redknapp, kris Boyd and ofcourse Lineker. 

Ones I can't stand, 

Keane, Owen, Neville, Carragher, souness, Nicholas, Tim Sherwood and ofcourse Murphy. 

I have an unexplainable soft spot for Clinton Morrison for some reason. He's absolutely terrible at being a pundit/commentator but I find it endearing and can't justify why. 

Pretty much agree with all of those (although not sure when I've listened to Kris Boyd). Redknapp can be a bit off the mark sometimes.

Neville is okay as long as he's not commentating on Utd games - I think he tries too hard to overcome his Utd bias at the start of a game, then by the end he's forgotten he's meant to be an impartial commentator.

Any game Carragher does resorts to something about Liverpool (as in when he doesn't do Liverpool games). It's all 'when you see Liverpooooool do this, it works....Liverpooooool do it this way and that's why they win games...'. Mate, we get it, you used to play for Liverpool and haven't stopped w*nking over them since they won the title.

Alex Scott seems to be a love/hate thing for a lot of people. I personally don't mind her and think she talks sense a lot of the time. I'd genuinely rather have her over some of the other commentators/pundits who have gone stale over the years (Souness in particular). 

24 minutes ago, Fox42 said:

Exactly the same here. I can't explain it either

Weirdly, feel the same as you two do for Clinton Morrison lollol. And I can't stand his thick South London accent!

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Pretty much agree with all of those (although not sure when I've listened to Kris Boyd). Redknapp can be a bit off the mark sometimes.

Neville is okay as long as he's not commentating on Utd games - I think he tries too hard to overcome his Utd bias at the start of a game, then by the end he's forgotten he's meant to be an impartial commentator.

Any game Carragher does resorts to something about Liverpool (as in when he doesn't do Liverpool games). It's all 'when you see Liverpooooool do this, it works....Liverpooooool do it this way and that's why they win games...'. Mate, we get it, you used to play for Liverpool and haven't stopped w*nking over them since they won the title.

Alex Scott seems to be a love/hate thing for a lot of people. I personally don't mind her and think she talks sense a lot of the time. I'd genuinely rather have her over some of the other commentators/pundits who have gone stale over the years (Souness in particular). 

Weirdly, feel the same as you two do for Clinton Morrison lollol. And I can't stand his thick South London accent!

OT but Clinton's voice reminds me of Waldo on Black Mirror. 

1 minute ago, ealingfox said:

Delete thread please

Yeah it’s pish.

Btw, Murphy also sponsors several endangered species animals and runs a rescue home for abandoned pets.

Decent bloke apparently.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Lineker's Left Foot said:

Ok then who is a very good pundit who seems to give us respect.  Robbie Savage always seems to when I have heard him and even Alan Shearer on MOTD but can’t think of anybody else!

Gary Neville being very complimentary 

https://www.leicestermercury.co.uk/sport/football/football-news/leicester-playing-style-brendan-rodgers-4852446.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Both Roy Keane and Souness spoke very highly of us, in the brief coverage yesterday. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, yorkie1999 said:

Difference between big clubs and little clubs.....Big clubs fans don't give a shit what pundits say about them.

Man Utd fans accused Scholes of having an agenda against the current powers that be at Utd. Liverpool fans got Trevor Sinclair sacked after complaining about comments made on Talksport. Man city fans claimed an anti Man city agenda due to the amount of ex liverpool pundits....

.....That's just the last few months alone. 

• Thanks 1

The sooner we move to full on biased commentary & punditry the better. We can now turn the crowd noise on & off - only a matter of time before we can select our preferred bollocks for the game, before and after.

I would like to nominate striderhiryu but I fear he may be just too reasonable.

9 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Man Utd fans accused Scholes of having an agenda against the current powers that be at Utd. Liverpool fans got Trevor Sinclair sacked after complaining about comments made on Talksport. Man city fans claimed an anti Man city agenda due to the amount of ex liverpool pundits....

.....That's just the last few months alone. 

Didn’t Murphy upset Everton fans? Something about someone losing their disability benefits? 

49 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Say something neutral, negative or bad about us = Arsehole, doesn't know Jack, lazy pundits

It's amazing that many like the "siege mentality" and "don't care what people say about us" yet go SO VERY UPSET as soon as Sky don't do any pre or post match punditry on our game, or people aren't 100% nice about us all the time.

We're a sensitive bunch.

I don't think it's that simple. Non-positive comments are fine if evidenced. The annoyance is the common patronising tone, the inferring that any decent players deserve to play for one of their favourites, and just generally not fit to fill air-time. 

54 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

We're a sensitive bunch.

You’ve just described half of our match day thread posters here!

4 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Didn’t Murphy upset Everton fans? Something about someone losing their disability benefits? 

Liverpool fans were raging at Haaman for saying Werner would be better going to Chelsea over Liverpool, too.