Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Leo Ulloa - Interview with "La Media Inglesa"

A great article, confirms what a lot of us knew that Cambiaso was the ultimate professional despite all he had won previously.

This article proves he played a big part in putting the professional pride into the players. 

For me the best player we've ever had although Vardy is now pushing him close.

I just wish he had of stayed a second season and was part of the League winning team.

What a Rolls Royce of a player.

• Like 1

OH HIS NAME IS LEONARDO!!!

Great player for us. I was in the Kop the day he so calmly stuck that penalty away for 2-2 against West Ham during the run in. Did us proud and an important part of our history. I can forgive his complaint with Ranieri as I felt the club should have let him go at the time given what he had done for us.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Great guy. No mention of him refusing to play for us. I’m sorry great that he was when playing for us but it leaves a bitter taste in my opinion. 

He didn't handle it in the best way but the club promised him a move to Sunderland and then went back on that because there was the slightest chance he could keep them up at our expense. He wasn't motivated by money. He just wanted to play.

3 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Just me that thinks that Cambiasso story is a bit weird? Especially considering the hierarchy of players that Wes and Kasper have/had built.

You can see why Vardy didn't like him in that he felt he was almost being coached by him.

It’s Esteban cambiasso mate come on! It’s not a random nobody. 

part of the reason you sign someone with his pedigree is for this experience and influence. 90% of pros would appreciate his input especially in a newly promoted side. I love Vardy to bits but I find some of his comments a bit petulant 

• Like 2

5 hours ago, winteriscoming said:

Great guy. No mention of him refusing to play for us. I’m sorry great that he was when playing for us but it leaves a bitter taste in my opinion. 

Not sure if this was when the club gave him some time off for family reasons.

The media at the time were asked to respect his privacy by not reporting that his child was quite ill. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Koke said:

Yeah timing js all wrong. Liverpool and MCFC  were back to back in early February. Chelsea was a week before Christmas. Mourinho got sacked after we beat them.

Didn't we sack 3 opponent managers in 4 weeks during Nov/Dec that season lol

9 hours ago, AKCJ said:

Just me that thinks that Cambiasso story is a bit weird? Especially considering the hierarchy of players that Wes and Kasper have/had built.

You can see why Vardy didn't like him in that he felt he was almost being coached by him.

I must have my head in the clouds, didn’t realise Vardy didn’t like Cambiasso

Loved Leo!

Always remember that West Ham penalty, like most do i'm sure! I couldn't watch it, so i turned around facing the row behind me. I remember looking at this teenage lad who was praying with his hands. There was about a 0.5 second moment of time when his face just lost emotion, must have been at the point of Leo kicking the ball. This 0.5 seconds felt like 20 seconds though, it was like a slow motion movei scene shot!

I'll never forget it and then just pure jubiliation when he scored.

Felt like a massive win in that game.

Was there at Stoke away for our first win back in the Premier League, lovely finish from Ulloa to give us that win with the assist from Konchesky.

That was the first time I really felt we belonged back in the league, not to mention a great cameo from Cambiasso coming on at half time for his debut.

The West Ham equaliser is the memory that sticks out most from that season bizarrely when you consider it was just to earn a point. The most nervous I have ever been.

1 hour ago, Unabomber said:

What a chant this fella had, when everyone was really going for it was great.

Crazy to think how far we've come, £8million was a "fvcking fortune" back then. Didn't we spend almost double that on Rachid Ghezzal? lol