Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
LCFCCHRIS

Leo Ulloa - Interview with "La Media Inglesa"

1 hour ago, whitlock said:

Loved Leo!

Always remember that West Ham penalty, like most do i'm sure! I couldn't watch it, so i turned around facing the row behind me. I remember looking at this teenage lad who was praying with his hands. There was about a 0.5 second moment of time when his face just lost emotion, must have been at the point of Leo kicking the ball. This 0.5 seconds felt like 20 seconds though, it was like a slow motion movei scene shot!

I'll never forget it and then just pure jubiliation when he scored.

Felt like a massive win in that game.

I went in to self preservation mode by just accepting the keeper would chose the right way and save it. Mitigates the feeling of disappointment, often use it. With the words of the Brighton fans about Leo and penalties ringing in my ears my son slumped down in his seat with his head in his hands trying to blot it all out. I figured that I couldn't effect the outcome so watched it with jelly legs. 

Still feel uneasy watching it now. Unforgettable. 

Master of the dark arts too. A nightmare to deal with physically, he'd beat CBs up all game and then at the slightest of touches could be down in a heap winning a vital FK for us.

Played such a huge role in the first season, and stepped up big time when we needed him in winning the League. Immense respect for the grande cojones Leo.

Shame about the January 2017 fallout under Ranieri, clearly alot was going on inside the Club at the time.

Leicester's no.23

2 hours ago, OrielCaziado said:

Just re watched that West Ham game highlights.  I still can’t believe the Vardy red. 

This game is one of only all the emotions of that day come rushing back; never felt it quite that strong at football before, the entire game felt like those 30 seconds at watford in play-offs

vardys goal - we are actually going to win the league

vardy red card - furious

Carroll pen - beyond furious

cresswell goal - felt empty

huth penalty denied - Jon moss is the devil 

schlupp dive - laughed at fat ref, then felt sick with nerves

ulloa scores - virtually collapsed from exhaustion 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, eblair said:

This game is one of only all the emotions of that day come rushing back; never felt it quite that strong at football before, the entire game felt like those 30 seconds at watford in play-offs

vardys goal - we are actually going to win the league

vardy red card - furious

Carroll pen - beyond furious

cresswell goal - felt empty

huth penalty denied - Jon moss is the devil 

schlupp dive - laughed at fat ref, then felt sick with nerves

ulloa scores - virtually collapsed from exhaustion 

I couldn’t watch live after the sending off.  I actually went for a run during most of the second half.  Such was my adrenaline I would have competed in the Olympics on that run.  Anyway got back in home with us now 2-1 down and stood there sweating like a pig when we got the peno to equalise.  Still didn’t know whether to be happy or not for the rest of the day. Felt robbed but then the emotion of the late goal almost made me feel okay. 

2 minutes ago, OrielCaziado said:

I couldn’t watch live after the sending off.  I actually went for a run during most of the second half.  Such was my adrenaline I would have competed in the Olympics on that run.  Anyway got back in home with us now 2-1 down and stood there sweating like a pig when we got the peno to equalise.  Still didn’t know whether to be happy or not for the rest of the day. Felt robbed but then the emotion of the late goal almost made me feel okay. 

The two penalty decisions are up there with most disgraceful decisions of all time. To give the pen against Wes and not the one for Huth, I have never felt that level of cheated before in a game 

Then the fat f*** gave a penalty to Jeff for no reason 😂

Leo was definitely one of the most important players at the club during his first two seasons at Leicester. We’ll be talking about his clutch goals for decades. 

I’d also add that his contributions in the defensive half of the pitch were very vital. Time and time again, he’d win a tackle or aerial dual while we were trying to see out a lead. 

I was disappointed that he wasn’t included on the Marks Electrical mural, he had as much of a right to be there as any of the standard starting XI from 15/16. 

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So do I. But in this instance I'm finding it hard to understand why people are fawning over him for simply perusing the fixture lists.

Because he commanded the respect from the other players as they looked up to him.

But also because he was able to convince them that it was doable which molded the camaraderie among st the squad to go out and do it.

If you think about it we've put in a performance pretty much every game since the great escape. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

So do I. But in this instance I'm finding it hard to understand why people are fawning over him for simply perusing the fixture lists.

He also came up with the 5 at the back formation switch and basically commandeered the changing room til the end of the season 👍 

Without him we wouldn’t have gone on the run we went on. 

2 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We suddenly looked like a different team, one that believed in itself, and Albrighton started playing regularly (whether Cambiasso had anything to do with that I don't know).

32 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

We suddenly looked like a different team, one that believed in itself, and Albrighton started playing regularly (whether Cambiasso had anything to do with that I don't know).

A lot of words have been written about what changed towards the end of 2014-15 leading to the great escape.

I'll keep it to 2 words ...

Robert Huth

• Like 2