Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Collymore

Players you forgot played for us

39 minutes ago, Corky said:

Just seen that it was on this day in 2004 that we threw away a 3-1 lead at Middlesbrough in injury time :glare: Two of many points thrown away that year. The equalising goal was "scored" by John Curtis. He was dreadful.

Don't remember this game but have some fond memories of matches against Middlesbrough - obviously the cup final but also at the Riverside - see who remembers these..

Going back possibly to 96/97 it would have been a summer month, perhaps August. I was on holiday in the Highlands of Scotland and I remember having a very weak Radio 5 signal echoing around the mountains. It kept dropping in and out and I remember it coming in really loud when Izzet scored a worldy and we took 3 points. This was before the internet was as ubiquitous as today, so I had to wait for the paper the next day to find out the details!

https://youtu.be/dj6v988qbQo

I remember being at the 3-3 game at the Riverside 2010 ish... Yakubu absolutely aniliated Boro all by himself, he scored a hattrick without breaking a sweat or even really running at all. Never seen a player so dominant and confident in their own ability!

https://youtu.be/QiPtv4xqcUA

Anyone else at the game where Vardy scored a class late winner 2013/14. I remember starting to believe that Vardy was the real deal at that point. 

https://youtu.be/rVIFHI_Wz-0

Edit: sorry, no idea why YouTube doesn't embed for me!

Edited by Collymore

4 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Andy Johnson, a midfielder who could always pick out a pass, so long as it was backwards or sideways. 

Indeed it is only with us for one season before joining Barnsley in 2007. Retired from football in 2009 after a spell in non league with Kings Lynn, since finishing football he's been working as a electrian. 

38 minutes ago, Mike the Metal Ed said:

Andy Johnson, a midfielder who could always pick out a pass, so long as it was backwards or sideways. 

Imagine the excitement when we heard we were signing Andy Johnson*.

And we ended up with that one.

*For any kids reading, Andy Johnson was a good striker for Palace and Everton around 15 years ago.

Looking through this, I wonder when/whether Dave Smith and Paul Taylor will bring out another edition of Fossils and Foxes: great browsing material during lockdown, accompanied by constant cries of, "Fookin 'ell, I'd forgotten about that donkey."

4 hours ago, Collymore said:

Don't remember this game but have some fond memories of matches against Middlesbrough - obviously the cup final but also at the Riverside - see who remembers these..

Going back possibly to 96/97 it would have been a summer month, perhaps August. I was on holiday in the Highlands of Scotland and I remember having a very weak Radio 5 signal echoing around the mountains. It kept dropping in and out and I remember it coming in really loud when Izzet scored a worldy and we took 3 points. This was before the internet was as ubiquitous as today, so I had to wait for the paper the next day to find out the details!

https://youtu.be/dj6v988qbQo

I remember being at the 3-3 game at the Riverside 2010 ish... Yakubu absolutely aniliated Boro all by himself, he scored a hattrick without breaking a sweat or even really running at all. Never seen a player so dominant and confident in their own ability!

https://youtu.be/QiPtv4xqcUA

Anyone else at the game where Vardy scored a class late winner 2013/14. I remember starting to believe that Vardy was the real deal at that point. 

https://youtu.be/rVIFHI_Wz-0

Edit: sorry, no idea why YouTube doesn't embed for me!

Great memories of watching the games at the riverside, the only time I actually managed to go to the ground was for that 0-0 draw a couple of years ago think most the ground was asleep by the end of it. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, LanguedocFox said:

Looking through this, I wonder when/whether Dave Smith and Paul Taylor will bring out another edition of Fossils and Foxes: great browsing material during lockdown, accompanied by constant cries of, "Fookin 'ell, I'd forgotten about that donkey."

Sadly Paul Taylor passed away in 2017. Don't know where that leaves the possibility of future editions.

5 hours ago, Heathrow fox said:

Jon Stevenson scored twice for Leicester.One against Villa and one v Ipswich in that infamous 6 1 hammering.I’m surprised,I clearly remember his goal at Ipswich but not the other one.He played more than I thought too.He went on to play for several non league teams and might even still be playing.

Played a lot of junior football with Jonny. Unbelievable talent. Two problems, one he stopped growing when he got to about 14 and two, Jonny wasn't big on the professional part of being professional footballer i.e. he was keen on the money, but less so on the discipline required. lol

Still see Jonny in town sometimes, he's a professional body builder now.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, PAULCFC said:

Mark Edworthy....or something like that?

Indeed it is, was part of the worst ever premier league side of Derby 2007-08 squad, joined us in the November of 2008 and stayed with us till end of the season making just five apperances. Left for Burton to play just one game before retiring... haven't a clue where he is now.

Edited by Leicesterpool
  • Like 1