Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

10 minutes ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Where is this idea that Chelsea are having a bad season coming from? Is it just because they spent a lot and so the media want to create a circus that isn't actually there? 

They're only 2 wins and 6 points behind us. They've lost as many as us, we've both got the same goals For and Against. Werner's not in a great form and they've had a couple of losses recently, but it's not like they're some poor side all of a sudden. 

Well for the money they’ve spent with the players they now have, you’d expect them to be higher in the table. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, dynamark said:

Im not  qualified but have had what maybe a similar hip issue looks reasonable ableit worn evenly  on x ray and scan and no suggestion of surgery needed but ultra painful and the injection is just incredible giving an instant relief no pain no impediment but  12/15 weeks later it starts to creep back at you(and Im not playing footy).Weird feeling.

I feel for JV because he must know its not going away and he will have to manage his football career ongoing and then maybe get some permanent work done later.

Excellent Insight. Thanks.

Having back problems, mixed with your explanation, makes me wonder if there is actually anything that can be done.

In which case I guess it's sticking with the injections and hoping no permanent damage done.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

They might have Reece James back. Was looking forward to seeing Harvey up against Azpilicueta. Might be a bit more difficult against James. 

Barnes ripped him to bits second half last season in the 2-2 draw, both have stepped up since, James to the England squad, should be a good battle if he is fit.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Can't see Albrighton being dropped in his current form against teams that play a high intensity pressing style. Chelsea have better players than us almost man for man, but are in a worse league position. Why? Because their team does not work coherently as a unit. There are some stats going round about how many more points we've won as a team with Albrighton starting versus without him. You need players like that in the team to win the pressing battle and take control of the game. Under is the by far the more talented player, probably the same is true of Perez too. But Albrighton makes the team play better as a unit. We need him to press Chilwell back, because as we know if you do that instead of bombing forward he reverts to playing sideways and safe, something he's been guilty of in many of Chelsea's recent games.  

Albrighton is more than just about hardwork. He does have talent, always looks up for the next forward opportunity and can string a few passes together.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

8 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

Marc is really good for us, but I hope we unleash Ünder for this one. Get him a Timmy to make sure Chilwell is facing his own goal, more often than not.

Yeah. We also know that Chilwell does not close down well - either crosses or shots so we must focus on attacking his side.

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

I'd expect Brendan to have made "better" selections than us know-alls on here, after all, he is paid to do so!!

Yep, but you would Think in First Pages Match thread....If was  tother Way around....

• Like 1

Chelsea have been poor of late and look completely bereft of confidence - on paper it’s a great time to play them.... So why do I  feel like they will choose tomorrow to return to form? I tend to be optimistic in all other areas of my life, but watching City does something to my mental stability!

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, Kevin Russell said:

Chelsea have been poor of late and look completely bereft of confidence - on paper it’s a great time to play them.... So why do I  feel like they will choose tomorrow to return to form? I tend to be optimistic in all other areas of my life, but watching City does something to my mental stability!

I'm with you there. The level of confidence currently being exhibited is making me even more nervous. It's not that I don't think we are capable but every time I've felt confident going into a match a disaster unfolds - see Fulham, Villa etc

Guest Hansifüx

I think Havertz can become an issue, he is really good at opening up good defences  (but thankfully his set of skills are not yet well recognized and integrated into Chelsea's attacking play ), he is also good in the air when he enters the box ... I assume that is potentially the biggest worry ...  Chelsea is going to be super threatening at set pieces and crosses  I assume they won't play Werner (at least not as a CF) but go with the tall guys Abraham/Giroud + potentially Rüdiger, Zouma (who are btw also very fast defenders)  ...   I wonder how BR will play ... I'm afraid  the usual will work this time. 

10 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Can't see Albrighton being dropped in his current form against teams that play a high intensity pressing style. Chelsea have better players than us almost man for man, but are in a worse league position. Why? Because their team does not work coherently as a unit. There are some stats going round about how many more points we've won as a team with Albrighton starting versus without him. You need players like that in the team to win the pressing battle and take control of the game. Under is the by far the more talented player, probably the same is true of Perez too. But Albrighton makes the team play better as a unit. We need him to press Chilwell back, because as we know if you do that instead of bombing forward he reverts to playing sideways and safe, something he's been guilty of in many of Chelsea's recent games.  

Not really, and certainly not on current form.

Will take Kasper, Castagne, Ndidi, Tielemans, Vardy, a fully-fit Soyuncu and arguably Evans and Justin, over the Chelsea counterparts.

• Like 1

It's a real shame that this is behind closed doors. It would have been a sight to behold as L1 brings Ben Chilwell to tears and a mental breakdown. "Thiago... can you take this throw in please" as another clapper flies past his head, with his greasy trim in serious danger of being displaced. 

11 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

I don't know about that.  We sold them our fourth best full back for a start.

• Like 1