Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

4 hours ago, Foxy_Bear said:

With a combination of the opposition, Vardy possibly out and Riccy back, this has 5 at the back written all over it. 

Kasper

Justin    Soy/Fof   Evans 

Ricardo                                        Castagne

Tielemans        Ndidi

Maddison

Perez               Barnes

......Or if Vardy WAS available, I would be quite happy to see this with Vardy in place of Ayoze. 

What this does is allows us to transition to a four at the back quite easily too. With Timmy and Justin moving to faull back roles, Ricardo playing further forward, barnes drifting left and Perez/Vardy playing up top. 

Essentially the exact way we have been playing with Ricci in Albrightons role. 

No chance BR is chucking in Riccardo from the start against Chelsea after 10 months out.

Also why would he play a makeshift CB in Justin when he has Evan, Fofana and Soyuncu.

13 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

No chance BR is chucking in Riccardo from the start against Chelsea after 10 months out.

Also why would he play a makeshift CB in Justin when he has Evan, Fofana and Soyuncu.

Well firstly, JJ's best position (in my opinion) is RCB. He's played there a few times and I think it suits all his strength. 

Secondly, JJ at RCB allows us to play the system we have been playing. 

The only real differance I've suggested is Ricci in Albrightons role. 

If you look at the way we've been playing. When we are on the attack its 4 at the back with JJ as a FB and Albrighton as a winger but when we sit back, JJ tucks in as a RCB and Albrighton and Castagne act as WBs creating a five at the back. None of Evans, Fofana or Soyncu allan offer that flexibility to the team. 

You could be right about Ricardo starting but if not, I imagine he would come on to replace albighton and do just as I've suggested.... (depending on the score at the time)

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Foxy_Bear said:

Well firstly, JJ's best position (in my opinion) is RCB. He's played there a few times and I think it suits all his strength. 

Secondly, JJ at RCB allows us to play the system we have been playing. 

The only real differance I've suggested is Ricci in Albrightons role. 

If you look at the way we've been playing. When we are on the attack its 4 at the back with JJ as a FB and Albrighton as a winger but when we sit back, JJ tucks in as a RCB and Albrighton and Castagne act as WBs creating a five at the back. None of Evans, Fofana or Soyncu allan offer that flexibility to the team. 

You could be right about Ricardo starting but if not, I imagine he would come on to replace albighton and do just as I've suggested.... (depending on the score at the time)

I agree he is a good RCB, but I think Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu are better CBs.

I think we will see Riccy P vs Brentford.

20 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

I agree he is a good RCB, but I think Fofana, Evans and Soyuncu are better CBs.

I think we will see Riccy P vs Brentford.

Ofcourse they are. That's beyond debatable...

However...

I do feel that we are tactically a more sophisticated side when utilizing the adaptability of JJ, Timmy and Albrighton (or Riccy when fit). A much harder team to play against. 

• Like 1

As always if we try and over complicate it we will come unstuck. We are playing unbelievably with the same team. As 2015/16 proved also and our early form in 2019/20, playing the same 11 is key to consistency. Rotation is overrated unless you HAVE to.

Kasper

Castange Fofana Evans Justin

Ndidi Tielemens

Madders

Albrighton Vardy Barnes

If Vards is out, Perez and Nacho straight swap.

We look so much better with 4 at the back.

Soyuncu was good when he came on but think he shouldn’t be thrown in here for no reason. Fofana is a fantastic player and Evans has to partner one of them 2 because he’s a different kind and experienced.

As long as we have Wilf/YT in midfield we can win any game in world football.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kristianity77 said:

That doesn't make sense.  How many we have lost is immaterial, its how many points we have, which currently is 1 from the top and if Man United don't win today and we beat Chelsea, then we will be top again.  We could of gotten these 35 points so far by winning 9 drawing 8 losing 1.  Would that of given us any more chance of winning the league? Of course not.

It does make sense. How many teams have won the title and lost 10 games along the way ?

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

It does make sense. How many teams have won the title and lost 10 games along the way ?

I   agree I dont know what the  highest number of games lost by the title winners is  but I   bet nowhere  near 10  we lost 3 two of them against the same side.  Promoted sides who win a lot but lose a lot tend to do much worse  than sides with a more balanced record   The best promoted  sides  lose about 6 and they play 46 games    . To lose over a quarter of your games   shouldnt   put you anywhere near the title  

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

@kristianity77 is right. It doesn't matter how many you lose, as long as you get the most points. The lowest PL-winning points total was 75 by Man Utd in 96/97. They could have won 25 games and lost the other 13. They still would have taken the title.

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Raw Dykes said:

@kristianity77 is right. It doesn't matter how many you lose, as long as you get the most points. The lowest PL-winning points total was 75 by Man Utd in 96/97. They could have won 25 games and lost the other 13. They still would have taken the title.

The other point here is - we haven't yet lost 10 games anyway.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, foxinsox said:

Justin is having a great season and doesn't look tired. Ricardo is coming back from major injury, and Castagne is just getting back to match fitness. Justin and Castagne to start for me, Ricardo on the bench. 

I guess it's all a matter of personal opinion, but I don't think it is necessarily wise to wait until Justin is "tired" to rest him.

There are "more important" games on either side of the Brentford game, and if he plays all it will be 4 games in 11 days.

3 hours ago, deanolegend1989 said:

As always if we try and over complicate it we will come unstuck. We are playing unbelievably with the same team. As 2015/16 proved also and our early form in 2019/20, playing the same 11 is key to consistency. Rotation is overrated unless you HAVE to.

Kasper

Castange Fofana Evans Justin

Ndidi Tielemens

Madders

Albrighton Vardy Barnes

If Vards is out, Perez and Nacho straight swap.

We look so much better with 4 at the back.

Soyuncu was good when he came on but think he shouldn’t be thrown in here for no reason. Fofana is a fantastic player and Evans has to partner one of them 2 because he’s a different kind and experienced.

As long as we have Wilf/YT in midfield we can win any game in world football.

Not with the choice of iheanacho and Perez we don't!

5 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

Why would he play JJ at cb? Probably because some of his best performances have been there. 

Look at the job he did on Son at WHL. Could do similar on Werner. 

Would love us to target and double up on Chilwell. I liked him here but he struggles when teams target him and our joy could come there. 

1 minute ago, Ashley said:

Why would he play JJ at cb? Probably because some of his best performances have been there. 

Would love us to target and double up on Chilwell. I liked him here but he struggles when teams target him and our joy could come there. 

I think Brendan is going to be all over targeting Chilly! 

19 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

I’d be surprised if Vardy played this game, might be a good chance with games coming think and fast to give him today and Saturday off, get him right for Everton.

I would be tempted to go with a front 3 of

Barnes Perez and Under

with the 3 constantly interchanging and mixing it up.

So your dropping MA? In tip top form ?

5 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

So your dropping MA? In tip top form ?

Horses for Courses.

Albrighton V Chilwell is an easy game for Chilwell as Albrighton is not a tricky sort of wide man.

Chilwell always seems to struggle against tricky skilful players that’s why I assume people may want Under playing.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, FoxinNotts said:

I don’t think so, in reality. It’ll be the half way point in the season. We’d have lost 5  games. You don’t win the title whilst losing 10 games. Our form would have to improve

Our for has improved. We are unbeaten in what 6,7,8 games? Granted I don’t think we will win it. But our form isn’t the issue. 

19 minutes ago, les-tah said:

Horses for Courses.

Albrighton V Chilwell is an easy game for Chilwell as Albrighton is not a tricky sort of wide man.

Chilwell always seems to struggle against tricky skilful players that’s why I assume people may want Under playing.

The opposite point would be Chilwell will be a threat with his runs forward and Albrighton will cover that better than Under.

Chilwell struggles when he gets outnumbered, and the winger doesn't track. Could be tempted to switch Justin and Castagne round. 

1 hour ago, Ashley said:

As an emergency, now Soyuncu is fit its not needed.

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

Horses for Courses.

Albrighton would also stop Chilwell having tine and space on the ball so more reason to play him in my opinion. 

• Like 1

Of course all the replies to my earlier post are valid. All I was trying to say was; we are at the half way point of the season and we have lost 5 games. IF we go in to lose 10 games (over the full season) we won’t win the title. We just won’t. It’s too many losses.