Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

Guest Hansifüx

looking forward to this match, 2 of my preferred PL teams playing against each other. I hope to see Havertz and Werner playing ... will enjoy this one any direction it goes but hope Leicester will win to keep playing for a CL spot. Chelsea hopefully will get their points from other teams ;) and also qualify for CL.

12 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

We'll need to be careful on the attack. Too many times last game we lost possession on the attack, fullbacks too high/Wes committing and them getting through on goal. Werner/Pulisic/Hudson-Odoi will take advantage of that space . 

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me. But Hudson-Odoi is probably the player that least concerns me in chelsea's squad. He isnt what he was talked up as being. 

Chelsea are good though. Just hoping we're better on he day. Would take a draw. 

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Will be interesting to see how both teams setup and play. Last few times I've seen Chelsea play they've looked hopeless. Not just because their players are off form, but more because it's hard to work out what they are trying to do. Last season when we played them they seemed to have a very German identity in terms of pressing from the front with fast transitions. They do still press, but I often see players occupy the same spaces, not properly pressing as a team and leaving oceans of space on the turnover. I think it's a case of a young manager seeing a style he likes and trying to implement it without actually understanding how to implement it properly or how to fix it. That said, the teams they have struggled to beat are teams playing a deep low block, which is a very familiar story. In fact you could say that right now the Premier League is divided into two types of team: the ones that try and play expansive football to open up teams and the ones that stay compact and hit on the break.

Man U are top despite being a low block kind of a team and both Liverpool and Man City have struggled against such teams.

Leicester have shown we can play in multiple styles and have had games where we've hit teams on the break as well as games where we've broken down stubborn opposition, so we could go for either approach or a combination of the two. I think back to the away game against Chelsea last season where they started at a crazy pace and got an early lead through Mason Mount, but then we totally outplayed them in the second half and should have won. I think we will see the opposite of that initially, IE we will start quickly as the home team, but they will look to play themselves back in. Of all the top 4 teams we played last season, Chelsea were the ones I felt we got our style working the most effectively against and despite a massive outlay on new players look if anything a bit worse! But in the cup game we totally outplayed them for the first 45 minutes, missed all of our chances and then they ran out as convincing winners. So I think it's a case of knowing which blueprint to apply, but this time we need to be more ruthless and take our opportunities when they present themselves.

Thanks for the reminder about that game, I'm even more excited about that possibility now.

Hopefully it means be has them sussed and has learned a few things. (Not backed up by the result away but he has improved this season and they have undoubtedly got worse)

7 minutes ago, ARTY_FOX said:

I hope this doesn't come back to bite me. But Hudson-Odoi is probably the player that least concerns me in chelsea's squad. He isnt what he was talked up as being. 

Chelsea are good though. Just hoping we're better on he day. Would take a draw. 

He's a creative player  and we've seen him create opportunities in other games. If he plays, we'll need to watch him. 

6 hours ago, StriderHiryu said:

Can't see Albrighton being dropped in his current form against teams that play a high intensity pressing style. Chelsea have better players than us almost man for man, but are in a worse league position. Why? Because their team does not work coherently as a unit. There are some stats going round about how many more points we've won as a team with Albrighton starting versus without him. You need players like that in the team to win the pressing battle and take control of the game. Under is the by far the more talented player, probably the same is true of Perez too. But Albrighton makes the team play better as a unit. We need him to press Chilwell back, because as we know if you do that instead of bombing forward he reverts to playing sideways and safe, something he's been guilty of in many of Chelsea's recent games.  

In spite of what I said above, I am actually worried chilwell will have a blinder, seeing how well he (initially?) Integrated with chelsea  and the admission of his mental health issues.

Thanks a lot, you've brought me back down again, (giveth with one hand, and taketh away with the other, you should be in politics, {or the universal overlord of our planet, rather than just ft tactics talk})

• Haha 1

9 hours ago, Hoopla10 said:

What, Frasier Crane? 

It's not that anybody wont take the opportunity, but how we manage it. Like somebody said, Ranieri did an excellent job in the run out of the season managing expectations, deflecting while keeping the team's motivation up. I don't think anybody can predict what the second half of this season will look like. Chelsea aren't going to roll over for us, Kante is still Kante (even though Chelsea have mismanaged him imo). I can see Werner suddenly finding his scoring boots, which will annoy the life out of me. I don't rate Lampard as a manager but they're still a team with a lot of talent. 

I'd bench Vardy if his hip is playing up. The gap between games where it's having an effect is shortening and will continue to shorten as the season progresses. Better to target games and manage his injury. 

This forum is full of Dead fall opinions on Opposition players & managers.....

Without wanting to prove anything in Opposition opinion stakes, I See Lampard ( Chelsea Legend) given more Time to Build Chelsea back into

a  strong Top 4 competitor..He'll have a Mandate on 1 years to Three year progress, because of his clubs history & Chelseas Short History in

Finding the "Right"...man for the job...

And I believe Lampard will be at the top a around the top Twig & Branches of the Football Tree of life for a few years yet...

Many around the scene  knows he was to get rid, sort out some "Not for Chelsea"  excess...

He too will be looking to dip into young intern Quality players..

Your last sentence I agree with...It will be hard for BRodgers to nurse Vardy's reoccuring injury.

Somehow we might have to chose his priority games..

Or Maybe we under-rate Vardy's Steely Powers & recovery prowess.....Time will tell, who knows Maybe Perez or Nacho might Shoot themselves into our hearts and like Ulloa prove their PL Quality when called upon..We might even see Barnes lead the line occasionally....

Now the Club & Rodgers has got us into this position, I reckon in this Run in After a Really long chronic-injury period ( most of the season) ,this is now the period

to encourge,support,und back to the hilt our Team & Rodgers. So far Rodgers has hit the button,

and Made far better selections than the f.Forum knowalls..!!:scarf:

Edited by fuchsntf

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Without wanting to prove anything in Opposition opinion stakes, I See Lampard ( Chelsea Legend) given more Time to Build Chelsea back into

a  strong Top 4 competitor..He'll have a Mandate on 1 years to Three year progress, because of his clubs history & Chelseas Short History in

And I believe Lampard will be at the top a around the top Twig & Branches of the Football Tree of life for a few years yet...

Manu around the scene  knows he was to get rid, sort out some "Not for Chelsea"  excess...He too will be looking to dip into young intern Quality players..

Your last sentence I agree with...It will be hard for BRodgers to nurse Vardy's reoccuring injury. Somehow we might have to chose his priority games..

Or Maybe we under-rate Vardy's Steely Powers & recovery prowess.....Time will tell, who knows Maybe Perez or Nacho might Shoot themselves into

our hearts and like Ulloa prove their PL Quality when called upon..Es might even see Barnes lead the line occasionally....

Now the Club & Rodgers has got us into this position, I reckon in this Run in After a Really long chronic-injury period ( most of the season) ,this is now the period

to encourge,support,und back to the hilt put Team & Rodgers. So far Rodgers has hit the button,

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Manu around the scene  knows he was to get rid, sort out some "Not for Chelsea"  excess...He too will be looking to dip into young intern Quality players..

Your last sentence I agree with...It will be hard for BRodgers to nurse Vardy's reoccuring injury. Somehow we might have to chose his priority games..

Or Maybe we under-rate Vardy's Steely Powers & recovery prowess.....Time will tell, who knows Maybe Perez or Nacho might Shoot themselves into

our hearts and like Ulloa prove their PL Quality when called upon..Es might even see Barnes lead the line occasionally....

to encourge,support,und back to the hilt put Team & Rodgers. So far Rodgers has hit the button,

............from your lips to Gods Ear.

I know this is probably said a lot, but this is a massive game, and for the 1st time in this weird, topsy-turvy season I'm feeling the nerves as I usually would. It's been hard to get as enthusiastic about games, being stuck at home watching on TV, but this game has a normal feel about it for me, if you get what I mean?

Beat these and we go top for at least 24 hours and it starts to put some space between us and them. With the pundits jumping on board recently with the Leicester are title challengers line, this would be a big statement, and more and more people would take note.

The eternal pessimist in me that is the typical Leicester fan sees these in not great form and is expecting them to win and Werner to bag a couple, but we need to play the team in front of us and not the occasion. Kinda reminds me of our title winning year, they come here not looking great and a loss adds a but more pressure on the manager. They're not as bad as they were that year though. Brendan doesn't have the greatest history against Chelsea, most notably the Gerrard slip, Demba Ba goal. 

• Like 1

Where is this idea that Chelsea are having a bad season coming from? Is it just because they spent a lot and so the media want to create a circus that isn't actually there? 

They're only 2 wins and 6 points behind us. They've lost as many as us, we've both got the same goals For and Against. Werner's not in a great form and they've had a couple of losses recently, but it's not like they're some poor side all of a sudden. 

48 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

I was starting to think you'd gone on an elaborate fishing trip... :) 

I was about to make a quip about it not being allowed during lockdown, but apparently sitting on your arse by a river all day counts as exercise... :nono:

5 hours ago, dynamark said:

Would imagine Vardy is getting a steriod injection every few weeks on the hip which doesnt mend anything but keeps him moving .A few weeks break would have been very useful with this sort of problem if we had one.Sure he can keep going but not another 2 games a week for 4 months

If you're right, it definitely looks like time to go all in on edouard.