Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

1 hour ago, David Hankey said:

We'll go top tonight if we win. Don't expect to hear or read that in the media.

I truly loathe Radio Leicester at times like this. We might be playing an-at-their-peak Barcelona away but nothing stops Stringer and Palmer-Atkin talking up our chances of extending say for example a club record of consecutive away wins. Before our thrashing at Liverpool they were excruciating. It's like they actually believe we're the best team in the league. Note to self: do not listen until the post-match interviews.

10 minutes ago, Steve Earle said:

I truly loathe Radio Leicester at times like this. We might be playing an-at-their-peak Barcelona away but nothing stops Stringer and Palmer-Atkin talking up our chances of extending say for example a club record of consecutive away wins. Before our thrashing at Liverpool they were excruciating. It's like they actually believe we're the best team in the league. Note to self: do not listen until the post-match interviews.

So you've come to FoxesTalk, where we're either the best team in the world, we're winning the League and Europa or the worst and certainties for relegation...:whistle:

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

34 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

Sure you will.

"And it's nice to see Leicester briefly taking a turn at the top, keeping that place warm for a truly big club. They really deserve their flickering moment at the summit as I saw James Maddison score a nice goal last week.  Maybe he should be playing for Manchester United.

Brendan Rodgers has done a great job at such a small club and he should now be attracting the attention of the bigger clubs.

James Justin and Wesley Fofana have impressed everyone this season and are surely bound for great things elsewhere, when Chelsea come calling.

As we all know, Leicester only ever play counter-attack football and Kasper Schmeichel is a young player trying to live up to his Dad.  Did we mention that Kasper Schmeichel is Peter Schmeichel's son?  

Anyway, back to our special hour-long feature on Gary Neville and Jamie Carragher's favourite high pitched squeals..."

As much as I agree that the above is definitely true, I am more than happy to stay out of the limelight. 

Prior to the Norwich game in Dec 2019 we were largely flying under the radar, it was only when Brendan fancied a new contract did the media really become interested.

Then with all the attention I think it got to the players and our performances suffered because we were expecting to win games, which definitely cost us.

The longer we're under rated/appreciated/looked the better from my point of view!

1 minute ago, jayfox26 said:

Rodgers pre match comments didnt seem like he was going to start him but I could be wrong 

I haven’t heard what he said tbf. Dunno just a weird feeling. I personally wouldn’t but might look to bring him on. 

Was reading the Mercury this morning and Mrs CF wandered by and looked at the large headline I was looking at ...    "CAGS OR WES ?" ..

Mrs CF thought that was an easy question, and quick as a flash gave her opinion ...     so now we all know (thanks to her amazing football insight) who will be playing ...

Mrs CF ...  Cags !

CF ....   Why ?

Mrs CF ...  Wes is far too old now and should hang up his boots ...

:rolleyes:

• Haha 1

Easier said than done but need to minimise the amount of set pieces conceded, I'll be "don't foul, don't foul., don't foul, doh..." all game. Other than that I'm very confident, Chelsea will fancy their chances and come out and play rather than sit and stifle so it could be nice and open.

31 minutes ago, dynamark said:

BBC this morning - Leicester  COULD  go top if they win tonight .

Im reasonable at maths and that report is incorrect

I think it was a nuanced phisophical position where to be top, Leicester would need both the highest amount of points and to simultaneously be acknowledged to exist. I dont think the BBC could commit to the second part! 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Was reading the Mercury this morning and Mrs CF wandered by and looked at the large headline I was looking at ...    "CAGS OR WES ?" ..

Mrs CF thought that was an easy question, and quick as a flash gave her opinion ...     so now we all know (thanks to her amazing football insight) who will be playing ...

Mrs CF ...  Cags !

CF ....   Why ?

They should know by now it's Little or Big Wes, and should never be used without FOR THIS REASON! :P 

Edited by PhillippaT
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Countryfox said:

Mrs CF ...  Cags !

CF ....   Why ?

Maybe she just has a thing for Cags and his massive.......................lion tattoo

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sunbury Fox said:

Our home record against these is really bad since our promotion. In 9 games in League and Cups, we've won just once (2-1 in 2015/16), drawing 2 and losing 6 (2 of which were after extra time to be fair). :nigel:

Brendan Rodgers managerial record against Chelsea is worse. Don't think he's ever win a game against them, and I'm sure he's only managed to draw twice.

He must still have nightmares about that Gerrard slip