Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

On 17/01/2021 at 00:28, Gamble92 said:

Chances like this won't come along very often. 

FIGHT AND WIN and as man from seattle once said.

What, Frasier Crane? 

It's not that anybody wont take the opportunity, but how we manage it. Like somebody said, Ranieri did an excellent job in the run out of the season managing expectations, deflecting while keeping the team's motivation up. I don't think anybody can predict what the second half of this season will look like. Chelsea aren't going to roll over for us, Kante is still Kante (even though Chelsea have mismanaged him imo). I can see Werner suddenly finding his scoring boots, which will annoy the life out of me. I don't rate Lampard as a manager but they're still a team with a lot of talent. 

I'd bench Vardy if his hip is playing up. The gap between games where it's having an effect is shortening and will continue to shorten as the season progresses. Better to target games and manage his injury. 

• Like 1

The next couple of games or so could be our “Man City moment” for this season. Come through them with a couple of wins and we are still right there in the mix and the belief will start to grow. Losing on the other hand may well still prove not to be a complete disaster as there will still be a few more surprises in this topsy  turvy season. Nobody has shown any signs of enough consistency to start pulling away yet and with so many teams in and around the 30plus points bracket it’s still anyone’s for the taking.

• Like 2

I hope he does, but the pessimist in me says Vardy won’t start. 

Pains me to say it but we might be getting an early glimpse of next season, where he only plays one game in three or something...

Other than that, tempted to say it will be the same team. Although I also agree that Cags might get the nod over Fofana, not sure why but just reckon he might...

On 17/01/2021 at 00:57, Sunbury Fox said:

That's how I feel. Can't stand Lampard, Mount, their racist fans, the fact that they've bought success, how they keep signing our players, the fact that they're not really a big club despite the hype, how they always beat us in the FA Cup. Have I missed anything?

Yes. That despicable Erling Haaland dive in the last minute of extra time. I shall never not be angry about that. 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Aus Fox said:

Not dropping him, giving him a rest and playing the team to win this game. We have got 2 games a week for the rest of the season from here on in , and we are going to have to rest and rotate. Particularly those players the other side of 30. Albrighton has been playing brilliantly for us, however the role I was suggesting wouldn’t suit his skill set.

Can't see Albrighton being dropped in his current form against teams that play a high intensity pressing style. Chelsea have better players than us almost man for man, but are in a worse league position. Why? Because their team does not work coherently as a unit. There are some stats going round about how many more points we've won as a team with Albrighton starting versus without him. You need players like that in the team to win the pressing battle and take control of the game. Under is the by far the more talented player, probably the same is true of Perez too. But Albrighton makes the team play better as a unit. We need him to press Chilwell back, because as we know if you do that instead of bombing forward he reverts to playing sideways and safe, something he's been guilty of in many of Chelsea's recent games.  

• Like 2

Same team as Saturday for me then rest the majority of the team at the weekend before everton. Only question would be cags or little wes. Either way we have great options at cb and sure we will just rotate them as the season goes on. Probably go for little wes and let cags complete his first 90 on Saturday. 

My feeling is we are starting to see and benefit from the days Vardy gave up International football for.

Hope he plays but the plan surely must be to extend his game time long term and manage the injuries and niggles he's starting to pick up with that in mind.

Risking exacerbating his injuries for single games is a no no for me as I think things are starting to take their toll on him and his body.

The way he left the pitch on Saturday doesn't bode well for Tuesday.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

Marc is really good for us, but I hope we unleash Ünder for this one. Get him a Timmy to make sure Chilwell is facing his own goal, more often than not.

Was thinking Marc's knowledge of Chilwell might be useful :dunno:

1 hour ago, Hoopla10 said:

What, Frasier Crane? 

It's not that anybody wont take the opportunity, but how we manage it. Like somebody said, Ranieri did an excellent job in the run out of the season managing expectations, deflecting while keeping the team's motivation up. I don't think anybody can predict what the second half of this season will look like. Chelsea aren't going to roll over for us, Kante is still Kante (even though Chelsea have mismanaged him imo). I can see Werner suddenly finding his scoring boots, which will annoy the life out of me. I don't rate Lampard as a manager but they're still a team with a lot of talent. 

I'd bench Vardy if his hip is playing up. The gap between games where it's having an effect is shortening and will continue to shorten as the season progresses. Better to target games and manage his injury. 

It's becoming increasingly clearer that we are in dire need of another striker. I remember Vardy nursing a similar injury last year and it was claimed that it was his groin. As no operation was forthcoming, it was reasonable to assume that it had healed on it's own but now he's having to come off and even walks in the same way. He still retains his competitiveness and will to win but now we're lead to believe that its a hip problem, but it's starting to look a little ominous I think and I just wonder if there's more to it than meets the eye. It's very sad because he encapsulates something so special about what it now is to be Leicester City. I just fear that it's one of those injuries that if you do have an operation then effectively, you can never be the same again. Is he just carrying on until the end of the season before a surprise enforced retirement?

In the meantime, without wanting to sound too harsh, we just haven't got anyone to step into the breach. Admittedly, Vardy is a one off and you can't just replace a special player like him, there isn't one about but, in Perez and Iheanacho there isn't even a vaguely decent number 9 who can even on a short term basis be a stop gap. They are poor and inadequate in comparison. Without Vardy, his goals, influence on us and the fear he strikes into the opposition, we could fade very quickly into mid table obscurity in my opinion. It's a difficult time of the year to buy a striker and will no doubt have to wait until summer. He has to be managed extremely carefully from now on and undoubtedly miss quite a few games. Whether Edouard is the answer I don't know, but he can't be worse than what we've got. 

57 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

Can't see Albrighton being dropped in his current form against teams that play a high intensity pressing style. Chelsea have better players than us almost man for man, but are in a worse league position. Why? Because their team does not work coherently as a unit. There are some stats going round about how many more points we've won as a team with Albrighton starting versus without him. You need players like that in the team to win the pressing battle and take control of the game. Under is the by far the more talented player, probably the same is true of Perez too. But Albrighton makes the team play better as a unit. We need him to press Chilwell back, because as we know if you do that instead of bombing forward he reverts to playing sideways and safe, something he's been guilty of in many of Chelsea's recent games.  

Not sure they have better players man for man.

Certainly not in defence 

Up front yes as they have a choice of strikers. Midfield is debatable for me.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, les-tah said:

hmm i cant see it... Will be a right sucker punch for Fofana as been playing very well.. However i can see a 3 at the back with them both playing with Evans.

I'm with bert on this, especially the bit about seeing barnes running at chilwell.

I also think fofana wasn't quite as good against southampton, a few more mistakes which is understandable given his age. I wonder how much the pressure of knowing soyuncu is chomping at his heels, has played a part in that. Don't forget that the plan wasn't for him to walk into the team and after seeing cage on Saturday, I think it might be back to plan a on the cob front and get them both working with evans ready to test it up when evans steps back.

Excited and nervous as a win here is totally possible, and then we become recognised contenders, which is the scary bit for me!

1 hour ago, urban fox said:

The next couple of games or so could be our “Man City moment” for this season. Come through them with a couple of wins and we are still right there in the mix and the belief will start to grow. Losing on the other hand may well still prove not to be a complete disaster as there will still be a few more surprises in this topsy  turvy season. Nobody has shown any signs of enough consistency to start pulling away yet and with so many teams in and around the 30plus points bracket it’s still anyone’s for the taking.

Feels like a real sliding doors moment for me.

A couple.of wins and we are right in it and creating a gap. Anything else and we are still too close to 9th with a few poor results. (10th if villa win their games in hand.)

Mad mad season (and world)

• Like 1