Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

Just read that Werner hasn’t scored in 10 Premier league games in a row...

So, where is the Ever Obliging thread?

We’re much more solid now we have Ndidi back and at full fitness. Losses have turned to draws, and we’re getting more confident at home. 2-1 I reckon to us, but Werner will score 

If fit, I'd like to see Ricardo replace Albrighton just to give us that extra physical aspect, Ricky would also be a better fit if we're penned back to a back 5.

------------Kasper

Justin Evans Soyuncu Castagne

Ricky Ndidi Tielamans Barnes

-----Maddison

-------------------Vards

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Corky said:

A draw isn't a bad result, a win would be terrific. Should be an open game and I'd imagine we'll go to five at the back but who drops out? Harsh to bench Albrighton but Barnes is in great form presently.

I'd imagine it stays unchanged. Can see Albrighton dropping into RWB with JJ at RCB/RB.

1 hour ago, car1os said:

Just read that Werner hasn’t scored in 10 Premier league games in a row...

So, where is the Ever Obliging thread?

We’re much more solid now we have Ndidi back and at full fitness. Losses have turned to draws, and we’re getting more confident at home. 2-1 I reckon to us, but Werner will score 

If you can look hard enough for something, you can find it ;) :whistle:

https://www.foxestalk.co.uk/topic/118111-the-ever-obliging-leicester-city/?do=findComment&comment=5798622

They're not as good as they should be  but their squad will start clicking at some point as the quality is there no doubt. But I'd rather see us take charge of the game, force them back and sustain attacks. The counter attack is hard as they've got the pace in the team so I'd rather we try and go full throttle. 

Lawro's prediction for us this week takes its usual direction of making no actual correlation to what he's saying. 

He always starts off along the lines of "Leicester look fantastic, great win last week. (Insert opposition) on the other hand look terrible and out of form. However I just have a feeling Leicester will lose this one because (insert pointless theory about Vardy) 

This week's reason is poorer teams have come to the KP and won. Sigh

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Blanchflower78 said:

Attack is the best form of defence. If we sit back we'll be picked off. Need to recognise the attacking strengths WE have and not always adapting to keep the opposition out as the starting thought. 

Agree. We need to be like solskjaer with his Fergie mindset. Playing Liverpool. Instead of wanting to settle at 0-0, he made tactical change towards the end to be more attacking because he wanted to win. Rodgers would add extra defenders, invite the opposition to attack and run the risk of letting in a goal. There is a risk either way, I prefer that we try to win and attack.

Edited by Tom12345

Whatever happened to giving Vardy a bag of Skittles, a couple of cans of Redbull, and throwing him on the pitch? It worked wonders in 2015-16, and maybe our Sports Scientists have gone too far and are feeding him pasta and quinoa rather than the stuff his body needs :whistle:

6 hours ago, Kevin Russell said:

Chelsea have been poor of late and look completely bereft of confidence - on paper it’s a great time to play them.... So why do I  feel like they will choose tomorrow to return to form? I tend to be optimistic in all other areas of my life, but watching City does something to my mental stability!

The recent Man Utd match showed that we can compete with the 'big' clubs with poor managers. Man for man, Utd and Chelsea probably have better first team players than us, and definately deeper squads. However they are managed by inexperienced 'club legend' managers rather than a proven top level coach like Rodgers.

I fully expect us to get at the minimum a draw against Chelsea, and would be disappointed if we don't get the win; although that depends on whether Vardy is fit to play or not - we just don't have that quality in backup at the front, Nachno just hasn't made the progress we all hoped he would and Perez is a midtable at best centre forward

8 hours ago, Bert said:
  8 hours ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Where is this idea that Chelsea are having a bad season coming from? Is it just because they spent a lot and so the media want to create a circus that isn't actually there? 

They're only 2 wins and 6 points behind us. They've lost as many as us, we've both got the same goals For and Against. Werner's not in a great form and they've had a couple of losses recently, but it's not like they're some poor side all of a sudden. 

Chelsea have the money to just throw £100,000,000s at the first team squad, so to be 6 points behind Leicester at this stage is a poor season for them. Same for Utd. They may be top but given they have spent in excess of £500,000,000 across the past 3-4 seasons they should be light years ahead of us, not 2 points.

3 hours ago, jim5000 said:

The recent Man Utd match showed that we can compete with the 'big' clubs with poor managers. Man for man, Utd and Chelsea probably have better first team players than us, and definately deeper squads. However they are managed by inexperienced 'club legend' managers rather than a proven top level coach like Rodgers.

I fully expect us to get at the minimum a draw against Chelsea, and would be disappointed if we don't get the win; although that depends on whether Vardy is fit to play or not - we just don't have that quality in backup at the front, Nachno just hasn't made the progress we all hoped he would and Perez is a midtable at best centre forward

Solskjaer and Lampard are actually not bad managers I think and they will prove themselves. They are indeed inexperienced though and we should indeed try to take advantage. Chelsea’s front line is really good though and we will need to be top of our game not to concede.