Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

Really looking forward to this match, think Chelsea will be really tough but it could be a real sign of whether we are top 4 ready.

Same team as Southampton please. 

Perez for Vardy if he doesn't make it but I think he will be patched up in time. A few rests can be given at the weekend in the cup.

• Like 1

Would imagine Vardy is getting a steriod injection every few weeks on the hip which doesnt mend anything but keeps him moving .A few weeks break would have been very useful with this sort of problem if we had one.Sure he can keep going but not another 2 games a week for 4 months

Just as an aside, I have noticed JV's groin and hip niggles flare up when he strikes the ball with heavy force (Wasn't it last year  or maybe 2019 he uncharacteristically hoofed the ball high, grabbed his groin area, went down and subsequently had to leave the pitch and was out for weeks?)

He also passes the ball a lot more in the box rather than strikes it when he's always been a poacher and predator towards the goal. He's missed a few recently too which usually would be a dead cert goal and doesn't seem his usual ultra sharp self.

Has me thinking the impact of striking the ball hard is what is causing the issues he has so maybe he's refraining when he can.

Think I heard somewhere Saturday was the first time he'd had 7 attempts at goal and not scored at least once.

Rock and a hard place for him and Brendan I guess. Play him and risk further injury or don't play him and risk points?

For me Nacho is not an adequate replacement for JV so, unless they are already, now is the time to search for someone who is and will be the next and future JV. 

Edited by ElusiveEd
  • Like 1

29 minutes ago, ElusiveEd said:

Just as an aside, I have noticed JV's groin and hip niggles flare up when he strikes the ball with heavy force (Wasn't it last year  or maybe 2019 he uncharacteristically hoofed the ball high, grabbed his groin area, went down and subsequently had to leave the pitch and was out for weeks?)

He also passes the ball a lot more in the box rather than strikes it when he's always been a poacher and predator towards the goal. He's missed a few recently too which usually would be a dead cert goal and doesn't seem his usual ultra sharp self.

Has me thinking the impact of striking the ball hard is what is causing the issues he has so maybe he's refraining when he can.

Think I heard somewhere Saturday was the first time he'd had 7 attempts at goal and not scored at least once.

Rock and a hard place for him and Brendan I guess. Play him and risk further injury or don't play him and risk points?

For me Nacho is not an adequate replacement for JV so, unless they are already, now is the time to search for someone who is and will be the next and future JV. 

Yes I've noticed he hasn't been moving a freely the last few games. I expected him to be rested for the Stoke game and was surprised when he wasn't. 

We can't keep giving him injections when it's rest and recovery that's needed. I wont be surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow night either. 

We need to sign someone on loan as there's too much at stake.  Or else change the way we play and get Perez and maybe even Iheanacho and Under into the Team.  

Im not  qualified but have had what maybe a similar hip issue looks reasonable ableit worn evenly  on x ray and scan and no suggestion of surgery needed but ultra painful and the injection is just incredible giving an instant relief no pain no impediment but  12/15 weeks later it starts to creep back at you(and Im not playing footy).Weird feeling.

I feel for JV because he must know its not going away and he will have to manage his football career ongoing and then maybe get some permanent work done later.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Kante is out tomorrow which is a boost for us. 

Good news but I would loved to have seen a bang in form Ndidi go toe to toe with Kante.

Reckon we can get something here, I'd absolutely back Brendan to out think Fat Frank and we're in decent form. Would still take a draw mind. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

Yes I've noticed he hasn't been moving a freely the last few games. I expected him to be rested for the Stoke game and was surprised when he wasn't. 

We can't keep giving him injections when it's rest and recovery that's needed. I wont be surprised if he doesn't start tomorrow night either. 

We need to sign someone on loan as there's too much at stake.  Or else change the way we play and get Perez and maybe even Iheanacho and Under into the Team.  

Err... he was 🤷‍♂️ 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I see perhaps a little over optimism in the forum at present and plead some guilt myself. I think and hope we'll beat Chelsea, have a fine team, and thats as far as I want to be thinking at the moment. i certainly don't think Chelsea would be sacking Lampard if we win. Surely even Abramovich would wait to see if they are going to miss EFL. From where Lampard and Chelsea were that should be acceptable this season to even Abramovich. They don't seem to have bought wisely but for all I know about their internal workings I would n't be surprised if  Lampard had been anti some of the buys. With L plates on his back resigning in protest would not have been a smart career move and Lampard  IMO is one of the smartest managers in the PL  Football is always difficult and full of surprises , quick to start nasty rumours, and although the ice is always thin at Chelsea I think it should bear Frank for a while longer.

I would n't want expectations of winning the PL to start similar thoughts at LCFC if we don't win it ,even if the media stir the pot (they will)  There seems to be the first signs of we're going to win the league. We might do, but while the odds on a top 4 finish are good even that is  far from certain at the halfway point.Even at the 75% stage we have a difficult run in unless form does some more funny flips in a crazy season.  

47 minutes ago, weller54 said:

Who cares , he's shit anyway 🤪

What ?? Kante's worth is mainly in tackling and distribution. Those skills you usually keep for your career. Dave Mackay, McLintock ,John Terry and many more recent examples were practically as good when they retired as in their prime. We're not a physical side forward of our defence and if Kante's missing I'm thinking ---Good.

Edited by Alan Frost