Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

The form of Albrighton, Maddison and Barnes means it will be silly to drop one of them to accommodate a centre back just because we have 3 top defenders. 

Maybe if Vardy is out and you want to have 2 up front but otherwise no need to mess with the formation IMO 

8 hours ago, Mash21 said:

If we were to win on Tuesday , is this title race seriously on? 

I don’t think so, in reality. It’ll be the half way point in the season. We’d have lost 5  games. You don’t win the title whilst losing 10 games. Our form would have to improve

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Mash21 said:

If we were to win on Tuesday , is this title race seriously on? 

If we weren’t in Europe I’d say yes as it would give us that little extra time to prepare when others are playing in Europe. Beat last seasons points tally and we have made progress! Would bloody love to win the title again though:bounce:

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

I don’t think so, in reality. It’ll be the half way point in the season. We’d have lost 5  games. You don’t win the title whilst losing 10 games. Our form would have to improve

But you do win the league by winning the most games right? And we are right up there on those numbers if we can draw those games that we would think we would lose like against the likes of Liverpool and Manchester City I think we have a great chance to be honest.

Signing Edouard could give us a boost in the second half of the season.

1 hour ago, FoxinNotts said:

That doesn't make sense.  How many we have lost is immaterial, its how many points we have, which currently is 1 from the top and if Man United don't win today and we beat Chelsea, then we will be top again.  We could of gotten these 35 points so far by winning 9 drawing 8 losing 1.  Would that of given us any more chance of winning the league? Of course not.

• Like 3

Same team for me, with Söyüncü in for Fofana if he’s fit enough to play from the start, and hoping Vardy is fit enough. Can then give the likes of Ünder and Ricardo a run out against Brentford to freshen things up, and use the 5 subs to rest and rotate a couple of our key players who could start both games ie. Evans, Tielemans and Barnes.

vs Chelsea 

Kasper 

Castagne - Evans - Söyüncü - Justin

Albrighton - Ndidi - Tielemans - Barnes 

Maddison

Vardy

vs Brentford

Ward 

Ricardo - Fofana - Evans - Thomas 

Mendy - Tielemans 

Ünder     -     Perez     -     Barnes

Iheanacho

• Like 2

A win would be a huge statement of our potential. They have spent a fortune so it would be really satsifying to beat them. They are typical of the worst part of football today in that they simply try to buy the title by spending a lot of money yet they have a very good youth set up. Their loaning out of so many players over the last few years stinks as well.

They have several top quality players though and it will be difficult to win.

If anyhwere near fit Vardy must start. He simply adds a dimension to our whole game no other player can offer.

Five at the back really looks iffy for us at times and I'd rather stick to four but who plays is a tough call.

I don't see Under starting this one. He's just not done enough so far and there is a question over his match fitness. Start him against Brentford and give him the whole game to see what he can do.

Wouldn't surprise me if we started the game without a striker. Using Perez to float in and out like at Stoke.

Kasper    
      Justin Soyuncu  Evans Castagne

Tielmans   Ndidi  

Under Maddison Perez barnes

The League this season is so messed up in reality if results go against us in the next 2 games and we do not win against Chelsea and Everton we could slip down to 6th lol 😆.  Still a great season for us but it's a bit dodgy                                             

Edited by Fox85

I think Brendan and the medical staff will do everything possible to get vards through this game, then he’ll be nowhere near the squad for the Brentford game. Unfortunately I think it’s becoming clear, particularly during a season such as this, that vardy is going to need to be carefully managed from here on in. Whilst I’m sure the club have known this for a while and will have their targets in mind, I certainly wouldn’t be surprised to see Harvey being given a few run outs in a striking position this season with a view to moving him more centrally as he develops...

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

Maddison's turn and finish yesterday makes me wonder if he could step in for Vardy for a game. Would probably get bullied though 

I think Barnes is more similar to Vardy, fast, direct, can score and run with the ball at pace.. defenders worst nightmare

He also has strength and can score with both feet, the list goes on... 

Edited by whoareyaaa

The fact that we could go top on Tuesday, depending on results today, worries me. Think I'm right in saying that we've had two opportunities to go top this season (Fulham and Liverpool?) and lost both times. Hope the teams mentality is stronger on this occasion. 

Under could destroy Chilwell they will have to double up on him .Chelsea dont look quite like a team who work together where we do .They have some dangerous players though but I have to say on the basis of yesterday Soy and Evans should be able to handle it.Give Wes a little breather just let him relax for a week .Talented but looked a bit tense.

17 minutes ago, Mark said:

Unbeaten in 6 and only conceded 4 in that time with a back four, won't be impressed if he goes to a five again just to avoid making a decision.

I agree - I doubt he will because a back five does compromise us as it gives too bigger disconnect in the midfield area - we seem to need that extra body/outlet there to function with any creativity as a team. It's such a headache though as Justin, Fofana, Evans, Soyunco, Castagne and Ricardo can't all play and they all kinda deserve to, unless of course we play four at the back and shift Castagne and Ricardo/Justin into wingers and only play Madisson Barnes Vardy in the front of a 433 resting Tielemans or dropping Ndidi! (And even that to balance overlapping/interchangeable full backs would still probably involve dropping one of them to have Thomas as the other left back/full back/winger interchanging!)

The bigger inbound acid test will be starting to play both Fofana and Soy together centrally and resting Evans who reasonably perhaps can't play every game for the next couple of years.

I don't suppose for a second that'll start against Chelsea lol but maybe for the cup matches and Europe we may see a bit of Evans rest and rotation to get these two future stars bedded in playing together?

• Like 1