Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Koke

Chelsea (H) pre-match

59 minutes ago, Leicester_Loyal said:

Would take a draw.

A win would be fantastic.

I reckon it'll probably be the same team as started today, except with maybe Cags instead of Fofana? Play the second team against Brentford and then we should still be fresh for the Everton game, they're coming thick and fast again.

Stuff the Brentford game, I agree.

The Everton match is far more important!

Brentford will probably rest quite a few of their first team as they're in a shout for promotion... play our U23's 

10 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Draw in Liverpool Utd and we beat Chelsea and suddenly people might start paying attention as far as the title is concerned...

I hope not tbh. Don’t want the pressure. Just getting a CL place will be a massive achievement with Utd, Man City and Liverpool in good form, and with Everton, Spurs, Chelsea and Villa all vying for fourth, and potentially another team. I think we have a good chance at fourth but I’d prefer to be under the radar. Better for the players. Raineri deflected 15/16 pressure superbly.

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

I hope not tbh. Don’t want the pressure. Just getting a CL place will be a massive achievement with Utd, Man City and Liverpool in good form, and with Everton, Spurs, Chelsea and Villa all vying for fourth, and potentially another team. I think we have a good chance at fourth but I’d prefer to be under the radar. Better for the players. Raineri deflected 15/16 pressure superbly.

Chances like this won't come along very often. 

FIGHT AND WIN and as man from seattle once said.

1 hour ago, Bryn said:

Would love, love it, if we absolutely ran these through.

That's how I feel. Can't stand Lampard, Mount, their racist fans, the fact that they've bought success, how they keep signing our players, the fact that they're not really a big club despite the hype, how they always beat us in the FA Cup. Have I missed anything?

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Mash21 said:

If we were to win on Tuesday , is this title race seriously on? 

For sure, if it's not on already.

Realistically I don't see us winning it, but do see us having a massive say in it. Almost a bit like Croatia at the last World Cup... the only team that beat them won the competition. For me I think we are almost like the acid test for anyone with aspirations to win the title, and given that the only team from the top 6 last season to have smashed us was Liverpool, it makes them the favourites for me.

I think we are two players away from being a genuine force, and not just in a strange season due to no fans being present. A player who matches Barnes output on the right hand side of the pitch (even though Albrighton was once again superb tonight), and a quality backup striker would complete the squad. Man U can bring on Cavani for example, who has a bit more pedigree than Ihenacho.

As for the game, I think we start as favourites given current form. You can never take Chelsea for granted, but I thought we were the better team for most of the 3 games we played against them last season, even though we drew twice and lost in the cup. If we play near the top of our game, we can definitely beat them.

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

For sure, if it's not on already.

Realistically I don't see us winning it, but do see us having a massive say in it. Almost a bit like Croatia at the last World Cup... the only team that beat them won the competition. For me I think we are almost like the acid test for anyone with aspirations to win the title, and given that the only team from the top 6 last season to have smashed us was Liverpool, it makes them the favourites for me.

I think we are two players away from being a genuine force, and not just in a strange season due to no fans being present. A player who matches Barnes output on the right hand side of the pitch (even though Albrighton was once again superb tonight), and a quality backup striker would complete the squad. Man U can bring on Cavani for example, who has a bit more pedigree than Ihenacho.

As for the game, I think we start as favourites given current form. You can never take Chelsea for granted, but I thought we were the better team for most of the 3 games we played against them last season, even though we drew twice and lost in the cup. If we play near the top of our game, we can definitely beat them.

Yeah I agree, for me Liverpool are too strong and they will win the league, Arsenal are out of the equation, spurs, Chelsea and united I think we are nearly as good as or 1 or 2 signings away from being as good as them ( although I do think that when Lampard can get those players to gel, Chelsea could become title contenders again next season).

For now in this window I think we need to bring a midfielder in on loan to cover for praet and personally I would love Edouard from Celtic and if we could do them, I think that then with all the cup competitions were in, we will have the quality of squad depth to compete seriously in all 3.

As for villa and Southampton, I believe that Southampton could start to become a side that fights for 7th again but I really can't see villa keeping it up.

Also about the Chelsea game, they are unable to score many goals at the moment but I also think that their defence is really solid. I agree that we are probably favourites if you are going off recent form but I think this is going to be a cagey game and could see it being a 0-0 or 1-0 to either side.

• Like 1

When you look at the rest of the season.....

We have no easy games....

Competitors  for every Single Top 7 position.

Relegation battles, Those Teams 20-14, will come in hard & Chase every point.

Middle- table, fighting to prove they can compete for Top 7 places...

We are now have a Team ( First 14 players) who are Finding Rythme and showing its clicking between teammates...

We are on the cusp of becoming a real consistent  top of the table contender.......

We had & carried hidden injuries, in last seasons run in..This season After some chronic injuries to Major Quality players, we see we can Now hold our own..

We have actually Won players from within the squad, who have helped to Step up  that high potential...

But...any further injuries within that strong BBone, Then I believe those high covetted Top four positions will be beyond us....

Though for the first Time in our PL history...We can take outages and Not be worried of a relegation battle or even competing only for a safe Mix-table fight.

One Dreams still have to be earnt..but we now have a group of high Quality players,

that  have that potential to heave us into an era of a strong Top 4 competitor...

We cant  get too cranky, when at times, we Slip up & slide way from that potential....

We should look forward to the Challenges ahead & those Really exciting games waiting for us...

17 hours ago, weller54 said:

Stuff the Brentford game, I agree.

The Everton match is far more important!

Brentford will probably rest quite a few of their first team as they're in a shout for promotion... play our U23's 

Something like the lineup vs Palace in the post-Boxing Day game would suffice, with Under in Praet's stead, Ricardo starting and Justin rested.

Edited by NaijaFox

6 hours ago, lgfualol said:

Can deffo see 5 at the back, it is too difficult to decide which CB sits on the bench. Ünder vs Chilwell might be fun.

5 hours ago, Gwyn said:

Under to play from the start, focus on getting him 1 on 1 with Chilwell and  we win easily. Remember him getting torn a new one when he played against Mahrez. 

Chilwell would run under into the ground .......  sorry but one thing Ben has over cengiz is fitness and running power ..... I wonder if Brendan might think about Timmy and Ricky on the right as Marc looked exhausted last night ?

and out tactics left chilly one on one against mahrez ..... Chelsea wouldn’t make that mistake.....

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

Something like the lineup versus Palace in the post-Boxing Day game would suffice, but with Ricardo starting and Justin rested.

Justin is having a great season and doesn't look tired. Ricardo is coming back from major injury, and Castagne is just getting back to match fitness. Justin and Castagne to start for me, Ricardo on the bench. 

• Like 1

With a combination of the opposition, Vardy possibly out and Riccy back, this has 5 at the back written all over it. 

Kasper

Justin    Soy/Fof   Evans 

Ricardo                                        Castagne

Tielemans        Ndidi

Maddison

Perez               Barnes

......Or if Vardy WAS available, I would be quite happy to see this with Vardy in place of Ayoze. 

What this does is allows us to transition to a four at the back quite easily too. With Timmy and Justin moving to faull back roles, Ricardo playing further forward, barnes drifting left and Perez/Vardy playing up top. 

Essentially the exact way we have been playing with Ricci in Albrightons role. 

Edited by Foxy_Bear