Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford vs LCFC - Match Thread - 24/01/2021

7 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

It worked quite well against Stoke, so definitely worth another look today.

I was hoping we would see this, I am now beside myself with excitement!!!  :frantics:

Come on Ayoze. :scarf:

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, turlo said:

Similar to the way Liverpools front 3 was working, with Firmino dropping deep,  except Barnes is better than Mane!

Yep that's a good example, and Man City at the moment also play a false 9 too. The differences are what goes on behind though, Liverpool use a predominantly "functional" midfield that keeps control of the ball with their full backs providing the width. We have a much more creative midfield with more emphasis on technical flair. Our fullbacks are more for give and go's than our primary delivery method to the front 3. That's why during games Liverpool tend to make more chances of a more direct nature (high or low crosses into the box) whereas we tend to play slicker stuff and make higher quality chances, but less of them. Not saying either approach is better or worse, just pointing out the differences. Man City at their best are maybe a better version of us, though I can't say I've seen too much of them since playing their new system.

Personally I adore our midfield 3, it's so balanced and creative!

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, murphy said:

I find it so weid that rwo people watching the same game can have such wildly different opinions.  Perez for me was an absolute passenger. 

And hold up play?  Perez?  When Perez receives the ball he is either dispossessed or he falls over.

Nothing weird about it, that's why we're not actually in football lol

Perez holds the ball better than Kelechi does, yeah.

5 minutes ago, trabuch said:

He wasn't very clever at 1-0 vs Southampton when he decided the best option was to smash it over the bar rather than make a simple square pass to Vardy for a tap in. The match was still in the balance at that point and it was a poor percentage decision. 

Had it of went in nobody would be complaining. Your talking about small margins that happen in every game. Besides if you look at it again I think Vardy was on his blind side as he took the shot.

Sorry lads, wouldn't mind respectfully bowing out here, but obviously would still be happy to see us win.

Premier & Europa League have to be priority, attaining Champions League football the real goal for this season. FA Cup can't give us that and we already have a serious cluster of matches coming up.

23 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

That's because you was tunneled vision on him being a striker.

Perez pulled Stoke defense apart.

22 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

His hold up play and link up play much better than any other option we have though.

17 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

He did score :ph34r:

8 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

He's a different kind of Striker than others,  He's not what I'd like to have leading the line but he's the best of what we have and I expect him to do well today.

He clever inside the box and has quick feet. He finds space where there's very little by moving while defenders are watching the Ball.

It may be a slower build up but he will create chances.

Fair enough, I always think if there is a strong disagreement with a post I'm probably wrong or need to look at the bigger picture. I was a little distracted during the Stoke game so will look a bit more in-depth today... 

Just now, Jaspa said:

Sorry lads, wouldn't mind respectfully bowing out here, but obviously would still be happy to see us win.

Premier & Europa League have to be priority, attaining Champions League football the real goal for this season. FA Cup can't give us that and we already have a serious cluster of matches coming up.

"Bowing out to Brentford", bloody hell!!

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Nothing weird about it, that's why we're not actually in football lol

Perez holds the ball better than Kelechi does, yeah.

I find him incredibly frustrating to watch.  I also find it incredibly frustrating that I just can't see in him what others can.

3 minutes ago, Jaspa said:

Bloody hell why does stuff have to be a priority. We might fall away in the league like we did last season, we might go out of Europe. 

For a club like us everything should be as prioritized as the other because the all give us silverware. 

Edited by Fox92