Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford vs LCFC - Match Thread - 24/01/2021

Whatever happens, Tielemans and Maddison must not get injured. Great to see Youri with the armband though.

Always worry when we make changes, but understand why. We've 3 of our best playing in attacking areas though, and 2 arguable first choice players in defence. It's not a "reserve" team and there are not excuses.

1 minute ago, Collymore said:

Perez did absolutely nothing for me against Stoke. He's just not strong/quick enough to play the main striking role. 

His hold up play and link up play much better than any other option we have though.

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, StanSP said:

The leak has spoken...

I know a lot don't rate him, but it surprises me Iheanacho doesn't start if this is true.

It doesn't surprise me. Rodgers comments the other day implied that Perez was going to play 9 when Vardy was out. 

Given Perez hasn't had too much match time generally this year it doesn't surprise me he gets a shot to start there today. 

I've never had the impression Rodgers rates Nacho really long term. 

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Whatever happens, Tielemans and Maddison must not get injured. Great to see Youri with the armband though.

Always worry when we make changes, but understand why. We've 3 of our best playing in attacking areas though, and 2 arguable first choice players in defence. It's not a "reserve" team and there are not excuses.

Ideally i wanted Wilf AND Tielemans protected...but that does leave Midfield threadbare. Perhaps they are gonna do 45.mins.each?

How.many subs are allowed? 

4 minutes ago, ronnup said:

Youri needs a rest. But we really don't have cover do we

I am pretty sure Brendan said in a post match interview once that Youri is actually the type of player that benefits from consistently playing and that’s why he rarely rests him. Of course there’s a balance and he couldn’t be expected to play 90min twice a week for months on end but whilst he’s fit and able I trust our management and medical staff 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

Ideally i wanted Wilf AND Tielemans protected...but that does leave Midfield threadbare. Perhaps they are gonna do 45.mins.each?

5 subs allowed in the FA cup this season

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

5. Want to avoid starting with 2 defensive midfielders so I guess Youri has to start. Hopefully we can get in front and take him off to protect the lead. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, FoxFromCoalville said:

I am pretty sure Brendan said in a post match interview once that Youri is actually the type of player that benefits from consistently playing and that’s why he rarely rests him. Of course there’s a balance and he couldn’t be expected to play 90min twice a week for months on end but whilst he’s fit and able I trust our management and medical staff 

I think that Jonny Evans is also one that needs games to stay fit. I'm surprised he's not starting today.