Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Brentford vs LCFC - Match Thread - 24/01/2021

Just now, Spudulike said:

I think that Jonny Evans is also one that needs games to stay fit. I'm surprised he's not starting today. 

I think with his age it’s probably more crucial we don’t overplay him. Brendan also might have in the back of his mind the fact that if we lose him we have the untested as yet duo of fofana / soyuncu. I have no doubt they would be a good pairing but it would be nice to see them in a few games before our hand is forced

Regarding Perez and the false 9 role, this is a good read on that style of player:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1802653-complete-guide-to-the-false-9-and-who-plays-it-best

As CBs step up, space opens for wide forwards to exploit.

MessiF9Barca_crop_exact.jpg

In a nut shell they drag the CB's out of place so that the wide forwards can run into those spaces. In such a system, Barnes and Under are supposed to be the primary goal scoring threats.

It worked quite well against Stoke, so definitely worth another look today.

Edited by StriderHiryu
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

His hold up play and link up play much better than any other option we have though.

I find it so weid that rwo people watching the same game can have such wildly different opinions.  Perez for me was an absolute passenger. 

And hold up play?  Perez?  When Perez receives the ball he is either dispossessed or he falls over.

1 minute ago, StriderHiryu said:

Regarding Perez and the false 9 role, this is a good read on that style of player:

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1802653-complete-guide-to-the-false-9-and-who-plays-it-best

As CBs step up, space opens for wide forwards to exploit.

MessiF9Barca_crop_exact.jpg

In a nut shell they drag the CB's out of place so that the wide forwards can run into those spaces. In such a system, Barnes and Under are supposed to be the primary goal scoring threats.

It worked quite well against Stoke, so definitely worth another look today.

Similar to the way Liverpools front 3 was working, with Firmino dropping deep,  except Barnes is better than Mane!

• Like 1

Amartey masterclass incoming

Interested to see how Under does

Iheanacho looks done for imo

Brentford playing their second string team, but of course they managed wins over Premier League sides in the Carabao Cup, so definitely not to be underestimated.

Like last season though, we should have enough to do a job on them.

4 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Thought Youri would get a rest

we don't have anyone to replace him, the inclusion of Youri, Barnes am surprised at Maddison but that's good, gives us a far better chance to win the game, sure we have made a lot of changes but Youri and Barnes as I called earlier in the week, there aren't adequate replacements for those two, did think possibly Maddison may get a rest instead of Perez, but good to see both in.

6 minutes ago, Collymore said:

Perez did absolutely nothing for me against Stoke. He's just not strong/quick enough to play the main striking role. 

He's a different kind of Striker than others,  He's not what I'd like to have leading the line but he's the best of what we have and I expect him to do well today.

He clever inside the box and has quick feet. He finds space where there's very little by moving while defenders are watching the Ball.

It may be a slower build up but he will create chances.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, dynamark said:

Im not sure YT needs a rest he just just cruises through games at his pace and never looks like getting crocked all very sensible nothing bothers him unusual player bur we are please to have him hovering around

Let's face it, Youri isn't the king of workrate, although he generally does enough to not let anyone down. Giving him the armband is a nice touch, let's hope we get 45 to 60 minutes out of the 3 unchanged players.

Just now, Clever Fox said:

He's a different kind of Striker than others,  He's not what I'd like to have leading the line but he's the best of what we have and I expect him to do well today.

He clever inside the box and has quick feet. He finds space where there's very little by moving while defenders are watching the Ball.

It may be a slower build up but he will create chances.

He wasn't very clever at 1-0 vs Southampton when he decided the best option was to smash it over the bar rather than make a simple square pass to Vardy for a tap in. The match was still in the balance at that point and it was a poor percentage decision.