Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

Leeds totally deserved to win. Our last positive moment was the disallowed goal on 19 mins. After that it was crap.

So many failed to turn up today but Perez and Maddison take the buscuit with their 0/10 performances.

I hope we can find a buyer for Perez before midnight, I would rather start with 10 on the pitch than see him again. At least it might spur the players on a bit.

Other than the one Perez nearly scored, after lovely work also by Perez.

Maybe this is the start of our collapse like last season after lockdown.

No imcoming players to keep the current players trying their best.

Needed atleast 3 players this window. We will once again regret not signing anyone come the end of the season.

Hopefully that's the last ever time we see Perez as a striker as well. Although he didn't cost us that game but he hasn't contributed either 

My one gripe with the starting 11 was that perez was starting up top so this is in no way hindsight or wagon jumping or scapegoating BUT he is not good enough to lead the line for us, he is too lightweight. We have to either start nacho next game or play Barnes through the middle and play Under out wide. I can't see us being effective in an attacking sense consistently enough with Perez up top. I thought Mendy had a decent game, myself. Youri was a little off the pace and Mads back to the player he was over Christmas, so a combination of regulars improving a bit and dropping Perez should and would see us improve dramatically imo. How great was it to see Ricardo back looking lively. 

• Like 1

We could have been second in the table this evening. We’re only 9 points ahead of Chelsea in 10th.

We can easily fuch it unless Rodgers sorts this malaise out, we invest in a decent striker and defensive midfielder, and sell Perez to some European team for 500k

I did after the third Leeds goal went in :scarf:

It is funny though as it is so hard to be rational as a football fan. Unless its just me. Immediately after a win I'm delighted and saying our team is world class and we will defo be top 4. When we lose I dont even talk to anyone in my house and just repeat in my head "they are a bunch of willy pullers and we are relegation fodder without Vardy and Ndidi" 😂😂

Just now, jim5000 said:

We could have been second in the table this evening. We’re only 9 points ahead of Chelsea in 10th.

We can easily fuch it unless Rodgers sorts this malaise out, we invest in a decent striker and defensive midfielder, and sell Perez to some European team for 500k

One game, after however many unbeaten. What malaise?

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Malaise? Its 1 game. 

• Like 1

Nearly scored doesn’t add anything to the score

For a moment there I thought we were talking about “positive moments”. But seeing as you’ve now moved the goal posts rather than admit your error, yeah it doesn’t. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Patrick Bamford was everything today that Ayoze Perez wasn’t.

A threat, a handful, strength, awareness, played with his head up, scored a goal and set up two others.

The thing is, you know that Perez is not good enough.  But Maddison is a decent footballer, which makes his woeful performance today (three assists- one for us, two for Leeds) even more difficult to stomach. You never see Grealish play as badly as that.

To state the bleedin’ obvious, it’s surely time to take him off free kicks and corners and give someone else a go.

• Like 1

Ok,we get it Perez is not a striker but Rodgers is on big money and I’m worried about some of the things he obviously misses.Maddisson set pieces have long been flagged.Also,Barnes drifts in and out of games alarmingly.Ill give Maddison some credit,he keeps trying but Barnes goes missing.Mendy is not Wilf but Mendy gives 100% every time he puts on a jersey.