Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

3 minutes ago, Vacamion said:

No but there is a post on page 1 of the thread suggesting we will be "relegation fodder".

I actually said to myself after the game "our 1st team is top 4 and our bench is relegation fodder". But when we were winning games with our reserves earlier in the season I was saying how amazing our squad was. Nothing more rational than a football fan after a defeat or after a really good win 😂😂

2 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

Maybe this is the start of our collapse like last season after lockdown.

No imcoming players to keep the current players trying their best.

Needed atleast 3 players this window. We will once again regret not signing anyone come the end of the season.

Hopefully that's the last ever time we see Perez as a striker as well. Although he didn't cost us that game but he hasn't contributed either 

You can’t stand still in football, if you don’t constantly improve you go backwards. Our failure to bring in reinforcements during such a gruelling season will see us drop out of the top 6, lose to Brighton in the FA Cup, and not progress in the Europa. With a little investment (Vardy is 34, Perez is crap, Bredan hates Nacho, we have no decent cover for Ndidi) we could be going for a triple. As it is we will end up mid table rueing what could have been, just like last season.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

You can’t stand still in football, if you don’t constantly improve you go backwards. Our failure to bring in reinforcements during such a gruelling season will see us drop out of the top 6, lose to Brighton in the FA Cup, and not progress in the Europa. With a little investment (Vardy is 34, Perez is crap, Bredan hates Nacho, we have no decent cover for Ndidi) we could be going for a triple. As it is we will end up mid table rueing what could have been, just like last season.

I think you might, MIGHT, be over-reacting a tad.

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Those citing Southampton at home last season are on the money. I want to see a response but am concerned about fatigue.

I don’t see the parallels? 
But yes, for us like everyone else, playing every 3 days is more than challenging. You can’t peak mentally & physically every 72 hours! It’s why Man U lost to Sheff U and Liverpool lost to Burnley.

We need to refresh the side for Wednesday so I expect Nacho to start for one. Fancy us too.

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Mendy and Tielemans aren't mobile enough as a partnership for me. They've had good games together but it tends to be when we dominate the ball. You cant really drop Maddison deeper either. That's where Praet comes in useful.

They're not quick enough at the best of times but when you've got the tempo of the Leeds players round you it's always going to be difficult. Funnily enough though I think not allowing the game to slow down was part of the problem today. They've been battered by most teams that are better at keeping the ball and choosing moments to play.

So disappointing. Leeds thoroughly deserved their victory today and but for Schmeichel's heroics the scoreline would have been even more lopsided. We are all searching for answers as to why this kind of performance so often crops up when we look as if we can really establish ourselves as genuine title contenders. Although our squad has more depth this season, particularly in defence where we do have sufficient strength in depth, in midfield and particularly upfront our performance levels drop off considerably when we are missing our top performers. Vardy is the obvious one but Ndidi is another. Our win ratio when the latter starts is off the charts. Not only does he protect the defence and breaks up play he also improves Tieleman's performance levels massively. Perhaps we need to revise our expectations a little. Hanging on to a top 4 position will be a tough ask as we'll need to maintain a level of consistency that the makeup of our current squad suggests might be beyond us. However, our best 11 are capable of beating anyone so the one-off games in the Europa League and FA Cup perhaps present more realistic options for success this season. Once again, our recruitment in the summer will be crucial in determining whether we can take that crucial next step that has so far eluded us, as we seek to maintain our upward trajectory

1 minute ago, jim5000 said:

Have you forgotten Everton midweek already? We got shit housed by them. NEWCASTLE did them 2-0 yestersday. Newcastle!!

Because Everton decided to move the double decker bus from out of their goal

Everton keep 11 men in the box against Newcastle like they did us and no chance would it have been 2-0 to Newcastle

I feel pretty rational about that, we played OK, lost to the better team, I was more frustrated with the Everton game then this one, was I happy to see Perez in the team at Everton not particularly, do I give him a bit of credit for our goal sure, he assisted Barnes, even though Barnes did most of the work, we have tried Perez for 2 games, it hasn't really worked out, we have at least 3 more games without Vardy, if Under or Nacho isn't in the starting lineup against Fulham, I for one will be annoyed, i'm convinced we will sign a striker in the summer, hence why we aren't doing anything in this window, Vardy will miss 6 games minimum between now an the end of the season, our next 3 and 3 somewhere else, i'd be tempted to try Under for Barnes, an Barnes up top, if he doesn't fancy Nacho for whatever reason.

Edited by Beachyboy

5 minutes ago, Hammo said:

Patrick Bamford was everything today that Ayoze Perez wasn’t.

A threat, a handful, strength, awareness, played with his head up, scored a goal and set up two others.

The thing is, you know that Perez is not good enough.  But Maddison is a decent footballer, which makes his woeful performance today (three assists- one for us, two for Leeds) even more difficult to stomach. You never see Grealish play as badly as that.

To state the bleedin’ obvious, it’s surely time to take him off free kicks and corners and give someone else a go.

Bamford was also gifted acres of space to work in. Alas we didn’t.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Have you forgotten Everton midweek already? We got shit housed by them. NEWCASTLE did them 2-0 yestersday. Newcastle!!

Well I wasn't sure, but that extra exclamation mark has convinced me. 

• Thanks 1

Having had time to reflect, just a blip, we’ll be fine when N’didi and Vardy are back. 

But in all seriousness please will somebody come and rescue me from the West Yorkshire area? @Leeds Foxcan I come and form a support bubble with you and just watch the 2004 Nalis game on repeat until Wednesday? 

Edited by Manini

8 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Mendy and Tielemans aren't mobile enough as a partnership for me. They've had good games together but it tends to be when we dominate the ball. You cant really drop Maddison deeper either. That's where Praet comes in useful.

Did we dominate the ball ever when we set up in the 523 this season? Maybe the West Brom game and that's understandable🤔

The injuries and fatigue are worrying me. Youri has no back up and neither does Madders. Hopefully most are not out for long other than Praet but he has done nearly a month already. Hopefully Fulham and Wolves are not as physical or dirty. I was glad to get that game done!

Edited by Hales

Just now, LaCiudad said:

Anyone worked out why Fofana having the shirt removed from his back wasn't a penalty? 

I'm aware it doesn't matter now, but just interested why the rules of the game weren't applied, or whether I missed something? :dunno:

2 words- Mike Dean! 

11 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

My one gripe with the starting 11 was that perez was starting up top so this is in no way hindsight or wagon jumping or scapegoating BUT he is not good enough to lead the line for us, he is too lightweight. We have to either start nacho next game or play Barnes through the middle and play Under out wide. I can't see us being effective in an attacking sense consistently enough with Perez up top. I thought Mendy had a decent game, myself. Youri was a little off the pace and Mads back to the player he was over Christmas, so a combination of regulars improving a bit and dropping Perez should and would see us improve dramatically imo. How great was it to see Ricardo back looking lively. 

Brendan has already stated that Barnes in a central role up top is not an option. His strength lies in beating his man and cutting inside from the flank - (which we need him for), not necessarily playing off the shoulder of the last man.