Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Leeds H Post Match Thread

The amount of people that think they have the super hot take on events by mentioning that we're nothing without Vardy is rather gear griding.

Yes, of course, we struggle without the greatest striker in the club's history. The amount that seem to forget that, despite recent success, we're still punching way above our weight and consequently cannot afford to have a ready made replacement for Vardy sitting on the bench week in week out is mind boggling. 

I'm more than happy to accept a scenario wherby we set up in a manner that means we're consistently challenging for European places season after season, but will occasionally come unstuck when we have one or two injuries. Compared to throwing cash around to have a bloated and unhappy squad and forever teetering on a financial crisis. 

I'm as frustrated as all by the performance, but it's important to have perspective. We're, at worst, going to end the weekend in 4th place and only a couple of points off second. Sure it could be better, but we simply don't have the squad of somebody like Liverpool (even that's not a given) or United to cope with losing such influential players.

Thankfully both Ndidi and Vardy will seemingly be back soon and we have a winnable game in a matter of a few days. It's a long season at the best of times, but having the pandemic thrown in will mean that you have these performances from time to time and hopefully they remain few and far between. 

• Like 3
  • Sad 1

1 minute ago, LaCiudad said:

Anyone worked out why Fofana having the shirt removed from his back wasn't a penalty? 

I'm aware it doesn't matter now, but just interested why the rules of the game weren't applied, or whether I missed something? :dunno:

It was just a bit soft. Even Little Wes didn’t appeal for it for fear of looking weak in the eyes of Big Wes.

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Ashley said:

3 defensive mistakes cost us. We had more than enough chances to win that game, on another day they go in. 

Absolutely ****ing criminal to send everybody up at 2-1 which allowed them to get their third. Jesus ****ing christ.

We Take any of those 4-6 chances in the 2nd half...We would be looking at different posts..

we blew the chance to reallly make a statement....The players again were too passive & Not clinical enough, when it mattered...

injuries more than anything else, is Really destroying the rythme...Top often we Move forward has individuals & not in groups, then the Blind just wobbles

The 3rd goal was a bline failure.....like The first...Our Positioning at the back is mostly sound,but we lose sight of movement too frequently, when our forward

Pressing midfielder or striker loses the ball....Everton-Ndidi, Maddison today...But we should manage that...

Rodgers change up in the 2nd half, was ok, we haven't got the quality, behind the First 13-14.

2-3 injuries really is stopping us, creating necessary partnerships  through the lines,this is

one reason Barnes  tends to Drift out of the game..

Leeds did a Leicester on us...But we did create enough chances through the game, to have taken this home.

Summer, Covid allowing,  Finances allowing, we still Need 2-3 Front 6 players...1 of them a goal Scoring forward...

This Transfer window was always going to be hard...

Rodgers had to try Perez....hes proving too lightweight, he gets in the right positions, IMO doesn't Really have a Bad game,

but at present cant get that decisive  run or pass away, Shame his goal was disallowed ( rightly)....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, LaCiudad said:

Anyone worked out why Fofana having the shirt removed from his back wasn't a penalty? 

I'm aware it doesn't matter now, but just interested why the rules of the game weren't applied, or whether I missed something? :dunno:

None of the players complained, just a bit of rough and tumble. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Bamford was also gifted acres of space to work in. Alas we didn’t.

True to a degree, but Perez doesn’t appear to know how to get himself into those kinds of spaces. He is not naturally inclined to seek gaps between defenders into which to make a run. His first instinct is to retreat into midfield and receive the ball back to goal... and then he invariably lacks the strength to hold off his marker and therefore gives away dangerous possession with others out of position.

He has shown time and time again that the only position he is half decent in is as a central support striker. He can’t play up front on his own. Case closed.

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

We Take any of those 4-6 chances in the 2nd half...We would be looking at different posts..

we blew the chance to reallly make a statement....The players again were too passive & Not clinical enough, when it mattered...

injuries more than anything else, is Really destroying the rythme...Top often we Move forward has individuals & not in groups, then the Blind just wobbles

The 3rd goal was a bline failure.....like The first...Our Positioning at the back is mostly sound,but we lose sight of movement too frequently, when our forward

Pressing midfielder or striker loses the ball....Everton-Ndidi, Maddison today...But we should manage that...

Rodgers change up in the 2nd half, was ok, we haven't got the quality, behind the First 13-14.

2-3 injuries really is stopping us, creating necessary partnerships  through the lines,this is

one reason Barnes  tends to Drift out of the game..

Leeds did a Leicester on us...But we did create enough chances through the game, to have taken this home.

Summer, Covid allowing,  Finances allowing, we still Need 2-3 Front 6 players...1 of them a goal Scoring forward...

This Transfer window was always going to be hard...

Rodgers had to try Perez....hes proving too lightweight, he gets in the right positions, IMO doesn't Really have a Bad game,

but at present cant get that decisive  run or pass away, Shame his goal was disallowed ( rightly)....

Very sensible post. 🤝

I don't tend to blame BR but today I feel it is a mix of bad tactics from BR and no Vardy. When we beat Leeds away their fans cried that we defended and hit them on the break. But it worked because it was the right strategy. So fast forward to today in the first half we played open and even though scored we could have easily been 2 or 3 down at half time. But without Vardy there's practically no point attempting to play that same strategy as the away game. Without Vardy there's no point playing Albrighton. That's no criticism of Albrighton. He whipped a great ball into the Leed's box a few minutes before half time and it drops into a perfect spot and yet nobody near it. If we can't play to his strengths why play him? It made much more sense in how both teams played in that first half that Under started. But I still think that away strategy is the one we should have employed once we'd gone one nil up. It's unthinkable that we allowed them back into the game just two minutes after scoring. They're not good at breaking teams down so we should have given them the ball and defended. 

Maddison has been great recently but felt invisible the second half. I genuinely have no idea how somebody who can show insane skill from set pieces at times can't take a corner. It is painful to watch now. In our last game it was as if BR had also given up and just made them take short corners. He has got to sort it out because we waste so many chances which is not helped by our defenders who can't score from set pieces (in total our defenders have scored something like 2 goals all season). Whether it's because he doesn't get good balls in or they can't score we wont know until they fix it. Why not let Albrighton take some? 

People complaining about Perez are valid but they kept saying bring on a proper striker. What proper striker??? We have one, Vardy, he's out. I don't know about anybody else but I gave up on Perez as an out and out striker over a year ago. He as other assets to his game that I'm willing to encourage given we as a club seem unable to buy a proper striker. His movement in the first half led to Barnes's goal. He and Mads created the space for Barnes to run into. Once BR changed the formation though then he became redundant. But Nacho wouldn't have changed anything imo.

Anyway we move on. Sorry for the ramble. 

• Like 1

Just now, David Guiza said:

The amount of people that think they have the super hot take on events by mentioning that we're nothing without Vardy is rather gear griding.

Yes, of course, we struggle without the greatest striker in the club's history. The amount that seem to forget that, despite recent success, we're still punching way above our weight and consequently cannot afford to have a ready made replacement for Vardy sitting on the bench week in week out is mind boggling. 

I'm more than happy to accept a scenario wherby we set up in a manner that means we're consistently challenging for European places season after season, but will occasionally come unstuck when we have one or two injuries. Compared to throwing cash around to have a bloated and unhappy squad and forever teetering on a financial crisis. 

I'm as frustrated as all by the performance, but it's important to have perspective. We're, at worst, going to end the weekend in 4th place and only a couple of points off second. Sure it could be better, but we simply don't have the squad of somebody like Liverpool (even that's not a given) or United to cope with losing such influential players.

Thankfully both Ndidi and Vardy will seemingly be back soon and we have a winnable game in a matter of a few days. It's a long season at the best of times, but having the pandemic thrown in will mean that you have these performances from time to time and hopefully they remain few and far between. 

Constantly challenging and failing to secure will just lead to disappointment. The big 6 will be back. We blew it last year, if we don’t get Champions league this year we will sink back, lose Rodgers (who should be sacked after today anyway) and slip into mid table. Vardy retires, we spend a season with Perez up front, slip into the bottom half, appoint Fat Sam, get relegated, the owners sell up, sponsored by Tops Tiles again, and Pearson has to come in and rebuild us.

All because we didn’t reinforce in the January 2021 window :facepalm:

If you are happy with that outlook, then you are a better man than I.

1 minute ago, Hoopla10 said:

I don't tend to blame BR but today I feel it is a mix of bad tactics from BR and no Vardy. When we beat Leeds away their fans cried that we defended and hit them on the break. But it worked because it was the right strategy. So fast forward to today in the first half we played open and even though scored we could have easily been 2 or 3 down at half time. But without Vardy there's practically no point attempting to play that same strategy as the away game. Without Vardy there's no point playing Albrighton. That's no criticism of Albrighton. He whipped a great ball into the Leed's box a few minutes before half time and it drops into a perfect spot and yet nobody near it. If we can't play to his strengths why play him? It made much more sense in how both teams played in that first half that Under started. But I still think that away strategy is the one we should have employed once we'd gone one nil up. It's unthinkable that we allowed them back into the game just two minutes after scoring. They're not good at breaking teams down so we should have given them the ball and defended. 

Maddison has been great recently but felt invisible the second half. I genuinely have no idea how somebody who can show insane skill from set pieces at times can't take a corner. It is painful to watch now. In our last game it was as if BR had also given up and just made them take short corners. He has got to sort it out because we waste so many chances which is not helped by our defenders who can't score from set pieces (in total our defenders have scored something like 2 goals all season). Whether it's because he doesn't get good balls in or they can't score we wont know until they fix it. Why not let Albrighton take some? 

People complaining about Perez are valid but they kept saying bring on a proper striker. What proper striker??? We have one, Vardy, he's out. I don't know about anybody else but I gave up on Perez as an out and out striker over a year ago. He as other assets to his game that I'm willing to encourage given we as a club seem unable to buy a proper striker. His movement in the first half led to Barnes's goal. He and Mads created the space for Barnes to run into. Once BR changed the formation though then he became redundant. But Nacho wouldn't have changed anything imo.

Anyway we move on. Sorry for the ramble. 

Rodgers is not pro-active. If we won the last game, same line-up. He only ever makes changes when things are going wrong rather than foreseeing challenges. Hence why his teams never quite get over the line (see Liverpool).

The only thing he never changes is his man love for Ayoze Perez. 

We’re not good enough to not have off days, particularly with two of our best players out. This team has still got plenty of credit in the bank. We might have a sticky patch but it’s still a great time to be a fan. Roll on Wednesday 

Edited by Mike Oxlong
  • Like 1

1 minute ago, LaCiudad said:

Right. So you can grab players shirts and prevent them from jumping and it won't be a penalty so long as none of the players complain as it's just rough and tumble :thumbup:

If the players didn't think it was a foul, how do you know better? :thumbup:

If you don’t make the right decisions and take your chances in the final third against Leeds you’re going to lose. They’ll give anyone problems, but will also give you opportunities which we didn’t take.

Even with giving some silly goals away we still should have got something, but can’t argue with the result.

Just an off-day really. 

3 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Constantly challenging and failing to secure will just lead to disappointment. The big 6 will be back. We blew it last year, if we don’t get Champions league this year we will sink back, lose Rodgers (who should be sacked after today anyway) and slip into mid table. Vardy retires, we spend a season with Perez up front, slip into the bottom half, appoint Fat Sam, get relegated, the owners sell up, sponsored by Tops Tiles again, and Pearson has to come in and rebuild us.

It's not often that words completely fail me (and I apologies for that) - but on this occasion, it's probably for the best. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, jim5000 said:

Wow, you remind me of the mob that stormed the Capitol and filming themselves doing it.

What do you get out of it personally to be so negative and act all doomsayer-y?

15 minutes ago, Kasey Keller said:

Get a fvcking striker in ffs.

edouard, costa, just someone that can hold off challenges as Perez can’t 

I’d have a punt on a short term deal for deeney 

Beginning to wonder if Brendan has been told by owners that there is absolutely no money available for a striker, as its so so obvious we need to strengthen in this area, he must know this.

If this continues, also concerned Brendan will get bored with the project, and 'do a Celtic' on us.