Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

James Justin ACL

35 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

not all the time. I ruptured my Patella tendon and ACL at the same time playing football a few years back. They can repair the ligament these days. 

Depends on the level but could probably 4 - 12 months out. 

Did you rupture the ACL as well the Patella? You must have just ruptured it to the point that it was still possible to reattach then. I did mine any pretty much the rest of my knee and the Hamstring graft was the only option if I ever wanted to play sport again. Not that it mattered as I then tore my MCL about 60 second into my first game back lol

Not that you can trust Rodgers' word on injuries but he does say he could be back sooner than Ricardo and he was actually in 8 months (although a couple more after that before he's back properly).

So really it's all going to depend on whether it's a full rupture or not. Time will tell

34 minutes ago, RowlattsFox said:

Most annoying thing about him playing the other night was that it was only so we could play a back 5 :( Completely unnecessary really. But its still incredible bad luck.

That's what irrates me the most. He was used as a LCB, something Fuchs can do well. Looked bad when it happened and now he's out for the season. 

1 minute ago, sm1 said:

That's what irrates me the most. He was used as a LCB, something Fuchs can do well. Looked bad when it happened and now he's out for the season. 

Don't mention it, really touchy subject round here. Of course if the manager wasn't in favour then everyone would be on board with this opinion... 

1 hour ago, blaaklint said:

I'm more inclined to believe its the result of having vietually no offseason and then such a crammed first half of the season. Virtually every club in the Premier League seems to have an injury list longer than my arm.

I guess this brings up another point though, that if you want to play high-intensity, high-pressing football, its going to be harder on your players.

Totally agree. So do these medics:

https://www.sciencedaily.com/releases/2019/07/190723110518.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Sorry Geoff, appears my view point pissed off a few people lol don't really think there was any need for you to go off on one like that though....

I didn't suggest he should play the kids, I said Fuchs should have played LCB....

You can guarantee though that BR thinks he's made a mistake there, and if not the Brighton game he absolutely should have had a rest sooner. I'm not saying not resting is what caused his injury or that it was anything other than a freak accident.

I just personally think there was absolutely no reason for him to play the other day, when you look at who else we rested he should have been one of the names on that list for me.

Also... the bit i've put in bold, it's still horrific and still not what anyone wants, but yes if he'd done his ACL in an important league game against Liverpool i'd certainly have found it more tolerable.... sorry...

Everyone can always say that about any incident, if I had left 5 mins early for work I'd have missed the car crash.

If an accident, shit happen.

1 hour ago, AjcW said:

Sorry Geoff, appears my view point pissed off a few people lol don't really think there was any need for you to go off on one like that though....

I didn't suggest he should play the kids, I said Fuchs should have played LCB....

You can guarantee though that BR thinks he's made a mistake there, and if not the Brighton game he absolutely should have had a rest sooner. I'm not saying not resting is what caused his injury or that it was anything other than a freak accident.

I just personally think there was absolutely no reason for him to play the other day, when you look at who else we rested he should have been one of the names on that list for me.

Also... the bit i've put in bold, it's still horrific and still not what anyone wants, but yes if he'd done his ACL in an important league game against Liverpool i'd certainly have found it more tolerable.... sorry...

Hindsight is always 20/20.

1 minute ago, Babylon said:

Can we get something right, players aren't rested to protect them from a freak occurrence injury. Whether you think they should have played a cup game or not, that's not the reason managers leave players out. You just can't manage that way. 

Most sensible post I read since the new broke, it not an injury from playing too much or fatigue, it just an unlucky injury. 

Some people just want use it to beat the manager with it, because they don't value the FA Cup.