Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

James Justin ACL

Sometimes there is just no upside. It is a catastrophic loss for the team..alongside Tielemans as player of the season. 

And for poor Jim Jim personally, it is terrible news. 

I hope he gets some.consolation that pre covid he was virtually unknown yet when he gets back, there'll be crowds again and he'll receive the loudest of loud resounding cheers as a fully  fledged favourite. 

7 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Thats not the case mate. 

If you rupture you have to rebuild the ligament from a hamstring graft. Which effects your hamstring aswell do 2 I juries in 1 essentially... 

Where if its torn there is scope to repair the ligament, as long as the % of tissue remaining is a good proportion. 

Fair enough. Is the prognosis much different though, I imagine rehabbing the knee is pretty similar? Perhaps repairing is less liable for a re-injury given you aren't having to make a new ligament?

I should know this really, I had to have grafts from both my hamstring tendons to repair 1 knee. Can barely get my hands past my knees trying to touch my toes.

Edited by martyn

Just now, Lambert09 said:

I’ll be voting JJ player of the season despite what happens with the rest of the season. 

hope a few others join me as as the lad deserves it.  I can’t help but feel angry that he was playing when Fuchs was available. 

Agree with the top line

but dont agree with the second line. Fuchs i don't think was 100% fit and probably wouldn't have lasted. It looked like he was on the bench to make the numbers up to be honest. Plus you have to start the strongest team we could actually win the FA cup. 

4 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Thats not the case mate. 

If you rupture you have to rebuild the ligament from a hamstring graft. Which effects your hamstring aswell do 2 I juries in 1 essentially... 

Where if its torn there is scope to repair the ligament, as long as the % of tissue remaining is a good proportion. 

not all the time. I ruptured my Patella tendon and ACL at the same time playing football a few years back. They can repair the ligament these days. 

Depends on the level but could probably 4 - 12 months out. 

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

Agree with the top line

but dont agree with the second line. Fuchs i don't think was 100% fit and probably wouldn't have lasted. It looked like he was on the bench to make the numbers up to be honest. Plus you have to start the strongest team we could actually win the FA cup. 

It’s not the decision making of the team selections I’m angry with, because I fully get it. Just a hindsight anger I guess. 

I do ordinarily  think you have to go strong for the cup but with the congestion I personally was uneasy seeing JJ and youri on the pitch again. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

not all the time. I ruptured my Patella tendon and ACL at the same time playing football a few years back. They can repair the ligament these days. 

Depends on the level but could probably 4 - 12 months out. 

Depends on the grade like I said. 

2 no graft 3 graft. 

This is such a shame for the lad. He's looked brilliant this season. 

You have decent options behind him though so I think you'll be fine playing Castagne. When we lost Jonny to the same injury we weren't the same side defensively without him. 

Edited by The Bear

crazy really as it was about this time last season we lost Ricardo and JJ stepped up and didnt jsut earn his spot, he basically made himself undroppable. 

The difference this year we have cover and hopefully Thomas looks at JJ and does what JJ did last year. 

37 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

This idiot. And cane from Danny's Instagram.  Signed for the u23 so technically he's available for the fa Cup. Im out of here. 

He played one game for the 23s, on no contract. It was common knowledge but you're on here making out like it's a hot take. He hasn't signed for anyone, you don't need to be signed for the 23s. It's nonsense.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

Just been reported that it's torn not ruptured. 

At the time he didn't look in agony so doubtful was a rupture. 

So hopefully a grade 1 rather than 2... 

I wasn't in pain when I fully ruptured mine, more shocked than anything. And I should've read the rest of the pages before I replied...wish him a speedy recovery🤞

Edited by HoChiMinhFOX
  • Like 1