Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

James Justin ACL

2 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Hell be stronger next season, he hasn’t broken his back 😂 it’s a bad injury yes but bloody hell you lot have got me feeling like he’s lost both his legs, broken his back and his dogs died. 

It's just such shit timing for him. As far as LCFC are concerned it's probably no bad thing. We''ll keep him for next season, and it sorts out a problem for when we have Castagne and Riccy P fit. Our back up isn't too bad either. But it is shit timing for him - you have to accept that.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, deep blue said:

Someone above mentioned the state of thevpitch.  Could that have been a factor?

I think it's the condensed schedule - to many games, not enough recovery time and he's been out there for most of them. If you stress athletes too much, they break down.  He shouldn't have been playing in that match but it's water under the bridge at this point.  What stinks is injuries matter. They've got cover, but Brendan's putting a weaker unit out on the pitch with him gone and its likely to show up vs the top clubs probably starting with Liverpool.

15 hours ago, Babylon said:

Can we get something right, players aren't rested to protect them from a freak occurrence injury. Whether you think they should have played a cup game or not, that's not the reason managers leave players out. You just can't manage that way. 

It's similar though when we call for players to be subbed who are on a yellow card with a ref looking to send people off. It's hard to stomach it.

Is it me or is Brendan too reckless with the handling of the intensity of his players. Is he running them in to the ground? I use Benkovic as an example. He left us to go to Celtic for a few months and came back a wreck. Now we have Fofana and Justin in the sick bay. 

It has been a tale of his tenure really. Not just this season but last. 

I know this season is fixture heavy but to be honest not much more than a long season of fixtures in the Championship. 

3 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

Is it me or is Brendan too reckless with the handling of the intensity of his players. Is he running them in to the ground? I use Benkovic as an example. He left us to go to Celtic for a few months and came back a wreck. Now we have Fofana and Justin in the sick bay. 

I know this season is fixture heavy but to be honest not much more than a long season of fixtures in the Championship. 

Virtually every club has had injury problems due to the amount of games coming so quickly after each other. As others have said already this has nothing to do with the amount of games. It is a freak injury. 

• Like 2

Huge blow for JJ and the club.

The kid has been exceptionel this season. His progress has been pure joy to watch. His versatility and being extremely solid wherever he plays has made him so important for Rodgers' tactical switches and guiding us through earlier injury crises. Really hope he can come back and perform as well as he has again.

Guess we will see what Luke Thomas is made of now. 

• Like 1

25 minutes ago, Gazza M said:

I know this is foxestalk and we always have to blame someone. But benkovic started 22 games in 7 months for celtic (about 3 a month) hardly ran him into the ground lol

Yes Justin and Fofana have played a lot of games (no more than drinkwater and Co did in the championship btw) but that's because of injuries to Ricardo and Soyuncu really left him with very limited options. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Bluebeemer said:

A couple of weeks ago I seem to remember hearing that BR had asked for a new pitch to laid at the end of the season. 

He wants a faster pitch ....this pitch is old and slow. The pitch had nothing to do with this injury. As with many ACL incidents, it’s an accident. the question as to why the knee wasn’t strong enough in that particular movement to withstand the pressure it came under is the unknown. Many will have opinions but no one knows ......

Feel really sorry for him.

Would probably have been part of the Euro squad, as it is he will have to sit out the rest of the season. At least it stops the hawks gathering in the summer for one of our top players.

Hopefully he'll make a good recovery and come back even stronger. 

9 hours ago, SheppyFox said:

Hell be stronger next season, he hasn’t broken his back 😂 it’s a bad injury yes but bloody hell you lot have got me feeling like he’s lost both his legs, broken his back and his dogs died. 

I'm afraid there is no certainty of this at all. Though he will doubtless get the best care possible and the best physiotherapy available knee injuries such as this can unfortunately sometimes never repair properly and the knee never regain the flexibility and strength it once had.

You only have to look at Ricardo to see how long these things take to heal and I'd say he looks a shadow of the player he was right now. Hopefully that class will come back once he's got more game time.

From the NHS website

"ACL surgery fully restores the functioning of the knee in more than 80% of cases.

But your knee may not be exactly like it was before the injury, and you may still have some pain and swelling."

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, Gazza M said:

It's you.

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, reynard said:

I'm afraid there is no certainty of this at all. Though he will doubtless get the best care possible and the best physiotherapy available knee injuries such as this can unfortunately sometimes never repair properly and the knee never regain the flexibility and strength it once had.

You only have to look at Ricardo to see how long these things take to heal and I'd say he looks a shadow of the player he was right now. Hopefully that class will come back once he's got more game time.

From the NHS website

"ACL surgery fully restores the functioning of the knee in more than 80% of cases.

But your knee may not be exactly like it was before the injury, and you may still have some pain and swelling."

the chances are that he will have no long lasting effects ....there is a small chance that he will but that’s a small chance ......

But it may take until this time next year for him to be back to where he was ........

I don't want to go all maudlin,  but I've rarely- if ever - enjoyed watching a player so much... progressing from fringe squad member to elite level, so quickly and so enjoyably. 

No hyperbole, I wouldn't have swapped him for any other full back in the league, bar Robertson perhaps. 

Good luck JJ. You'll be sorely missed and massively welcomed  back when ready

5 hours ago, reynard said:

From the NHS website

Treatment of ACL injuries are changing the use of CelGro while still in trials is fast changing things 
Orthocell has TGA FDA and europe approval for CelGro for use in dental surgery so far

https://stockhead.com.au/health/health-orthocell-believes-celgro-can-help-repair-acl-injuries/

https://www.orthocell.com.au/

Currently listed on the ASX