Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

James Justin ACL

2 hours ago, Corky said:

Our injury list in terms of hamstrings and strains is different to this. We didn't have too many of those under Pearson yet we still lost Matty James to a horrible, long-term injury.

Very very very very very very long-term injury.

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

I stopped listening to the mighty fin when he categorically told us Kante wasn’t leaving for Chelsea 

He ain’t got a scooby

I've defended him I'm the past as you can get this stuff wrong occasionally or appear to be wrong as not everything behind the scenes happen. However it's just nonsense, the tavares stuff is bullshit as well, was made out as an irrecoverable situation. Hes now training with the 1st team. Wondering if he's a WUM.

Given the seriousness of the injury I was surprised Brendan played it down after the game on Wednesday. Watching the game and the replay I thought ACL and given Justin’s reaction at the time also it looked bad. 

There’s no good time for this but now is the worst time. Let’s hope we can stay winning. 

3 minutes ago, majaco said:

This could be huge.

Luckily, we have so much quality it might not be.

I look forward to seeing him back.  

Agree. Whilst I'm gutted for JJ as he has probably been our most consistent player and wish him a speedy, successful recovery , we do have great cover at full back. If Youri, Wilf or Vardy were out for this length of time, that would have been a real challenge.

2 minutes ago, deep blue said:

Someone above mentioned the state of thevpitch.  Could that have been a factor?

Perhaps.  But it is just unlucky.  It amazes me that the human body can be so fragile that highly tuned athelete can blow an acl in an innocuous incident. 

2 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Why are acl injuries so common in the modern game. You hardly heard anyone suffering these kind of injuries 30 years ago. Is it to do with the the synthetic mix of the gras on pitches and studs get caught up more easily?

Not so long ago bladed studs were blamed for an increase in knee injuries not sure the excuse now though

11 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Why are acl injuries so common in the modern game. You hardly heard anyone suffering these kind of injuries 30 years ago. Is it to do with the the synthetic mix of the gras on pitches and studs get caught up more easily?

I am not sure. Its possible they just literally called them knee injuries, rather than being more specific. Players used to end up retiring a lot more 30 years ago with 'knee injuries' though.

So unlucky, the way he has stepped up and beyond has been breath taking. 

I mean he was playing at Luton a few seasons ago and was without doubt playing like one of the top defenders in the PL. 

Hope he recovers and comes back stronger.

Our gem is injured but he will be back! 

5 hours ago, trabuch said:

I am much sadder for him personally than I am for Leicester City.

Not saying wasn’t gutted for Ricky

but timing of this just feels so unfair for JJ; just about to get England call-up, and getting national recognition

losing his dad less than 12 months on top of all of that

he hasn’t even got reception from a packed KP he deserves for how good he’s been this year

poor boy, and his temperament has been so good whilst at the club. Can see how much fans appreciate him by way Luton fans and club still talk about him 

Edited by eblair
  • Like 1

He cheered everyone up no end 

After a hugely tough year for him personally, he waltzed in, started off solidly and then blossomed into a player that wasn’t making way for anyone irrespective of injuries…

Any pundit you could name was tipping him for England slot and out of all our England candidates he seemed most likely to actually play…

Really gutted for him…. Would’ve been a dream to see him lift the FA Cup, get us into Europe again and play in the Euros…

He’ll be back for other campaigns and maybe the World Cup? 👍🏼 

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

Combination of factors really. Faster play, more games, and probably most of all more exposure to the knowledge of it happening.

Such devastating news for the club, but especially the player. It’s generally agreed he was on the brink of an international tournament, and probably making a name for himself as a world class fullback too. I wouldn’t have wanted this to happen to anyone less right now to be honest, and I say that in respect of concern for the player than the club oddly.

The injury was just one of them things though, it was a bad landing, could have happened in the first minute against Liverpool, in training, getting off the bus, walking the dog... etc, can’t put the blame for this at anyone’s door, it’s a risk that becomes heightened by playing professional sport unfortunately, you have to be pragmatic about it.

I tore my cruciate getting my shorts caught on a f***ing towbar, and I’m far too fat to play football. Shit happens.

Shit. Ricardo Pereira all over again.

Can't remember the last time we had this many injury problems in our squad over the course of a year, almost giving Southampton a run for their money.

Pereira, Castagne, Evans, Fofana, Justin, Morgan, Ndidi, Praet, Maddison, Vardy, Under...

Is it the training methods, the current environment, the intensive playing schedule? Whatever it is, if we are not careful, this could kickstart this season's implosion. Whoever is actually able to play will need to really step up now, as we are almost down to bare bones and cannot afford many more player setbacks in the manner they keep occurring.

Not very often you'd catch me saying this kind of thing but in this scenario I feel more for the player than I do the club. 

With Castagne only a couple of weeks off and Ricardo back, we should be fine. Which is mental really when you consider he's up there in the player of the season debate.

But he must be absolutely devastated, and by all accounts it couldn't have happened to a nicer lad.

Imagine playing out of your skin in your first full Premier League season, moving into a new state of the art training ground, European knockout stages and a potential England call on the horizon, to now having all of that taken away and moving into a life of basically nothing with lockdown.

I'm gutted for him.

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Bezzanator89 said:

Shit. Ricardo Pereira all over again.

Can't remember the last time we had this many injury problems in our squad over the course of a year, almost giving Southampton a run for their money.

Pereira, Castagne, Evans, Fofana, Justin, Morgan, Ndidi, Praet, Maddison, Vardy, Under...

Is it the training methods, the current environment, the intensive playing schedule? Whatever it is, if we are not careful, this could kickstart this season's implosion. Whoever is actually able to play will need to really step up now, as we are almost down to bare bones and cannot afford many more player setbacks in the manner they keep occurring.

All that and the lack of a proper pre-season conditioning.  Glad I never had to do this on FM :P :(  (EDIT: FM used to be really bad about arranging enough games for a proper pre-season, too - usually 5 games, when I felt it took 6 to do a good job)

Edited by PhillippaT