Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

James Justin ACL

13 minutes ago, Babylon said:

"Blown" whatever the heck that means. 

I've always believed that when a knee is blown it is a way of refering generally to ligament damage to the knee rather than a specific grading of the injury.When I was kid, many years ago, I injured my knee ligaments and my doctor said I had a blown knee.

Guest bennytwohats

Hugely disappointing for everyone, particularly so for JJ. Hope he comes back strongly. Feels a stretch to think of it as a silver lining, but I'm glad Ricardo has had a chance to get some minutes under his belt and has been coming back. Also gives Thomas an opportunity in not dissimilar circumstances to when JJ came into the team.

Such sad news about one of our stand out players this season. His rise to the top is remarkable and now its seems almost too good to have lasted.

The timing of JJ's injury is too similar to Ricky's. Although in Ricky's case it was Grealish's tackle that caused the injury for JJ it seemed pretty innocuous

but most ACL tears are. For me it was sprinting the length of a field and planting my standing leg on an uneven patch of turf. At the time I thought I got

tackled from behind. Like JJ I remember hearing a loud snap like an elastic rubber band and my knee giving out immediately. I tried to stand up but could'nt

my knee literally bent inwards!i i had suffered a complete ACL rupture as well as significant meniscus damage. 

Hopefully JJ makes a speedier than expected recovery as he's young, determined and hungry to succeed. There's so much involved in getting him back like

surgery, recovery, rehab, strength training etc. The club should send him to the top knee ortho doc whoever that is. It's a huge understatement to say we will

miss him and in our next few games as the team tries to adapt it will be pretty evident to see.

Huge pressure now to get Ricky & Timmy back in the squad at full strength if we are to finish this season in top 4.

FOXES NEVER QUIT!  :chant: 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I think this might be one injury too many. He has been outstanding for us and he can play in so many positions. With Ricardo still finding full fitness and Castagne crippled, we are short on options. I fear that we will become very average for the rest of the season unless everyone else can really step up. We have a lot of game coming up and are down to barebones in defence.

Let's hope our attacking line finds some form and outscores opponents.

10 minutes ago, fox_up_north said:

Absolutely gutted. We've had terrible luck.

If Thomas gets thrown into games we have to be prepared for the lad to make mistakes. He'll need our support, wherever he can get it.

Agree regarding Thomas, could be great for his career (and us obviously), and if he appears in the line up, hope we show suitable patience and/or don’t start a match day thread!!

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, trabuch said:

I am much sadder for him personally than I am for Leicester City.

100% agree... Absolutely gutted for the club, genuinely for me, first name on the team sheet defensively.. Best wing back in the league currently (maybe 2nd to cancelo).. Really think this injury could massively trip us up.. I think he'd have had salah pocketed, gutted

But that being said, devastated for the lad.. The improvement he'd made in a year has probably surprised himself.. Must've known he was in with a chance of the euros.. All fkd due to a dodgy landing... Hopefully come back even better n stronger and continue his rise

• Like 1