Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
stu

James Justin ACL

24 minutes ago, Kilworthfox said:

So an acl injury... 

Having ruptured mine... 

Is its a grade 1 2 or 3?

If it's just a 1, he will be able to play again this season... If not that will be months out. 

Did the same. I imagine him having heard a pop and being able to walk fairly well afterwards that it's likely a complete rupture. If it was a tear it would be a lot more painful.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ealingfox said:

We have had a consistently bad injury list for over a year now, and that includes a 3 month break. At what stage are questions allowed?

I would like to know what Rodgers previous clubs injuries record is. If its also shocking then there's definite cause for questioning, he asks a lot of his players.

Biggest disappointment is for him, took his opportunity and made himself one of the first names on the team sheet. I reckon he'd have been in the next England squad, maybe not for the euros but who knows whether that opportunity will come again. 9-12 months can be huge in football, luckily has age on his side. 

From our point of view, its really damaging. His versatility has been crucial and offers us so much. Not just that though, vast amounts of quality too. 

I'd rather get injured by a bad challenge or something rather than these innocuous bastards where they must be hard to take. 

Get well soon JJ.

We can more than likely cope with Castagne coming back, but I'm absolutely gutted for the lad. Season of his life, looking good for the euros and now this. Long road back to get back to where he was but he's young and has time on his side.

• Like 4

Just now, Ric Flair said:

Huge chance for Luke Thomas now, his link up with Harvey Barnes could actually produce a new dimension to our play that gives us another crack at keeping the opposition struggling to cope with us. Justin has been unbelievable and losing him for the season is a huge blow, he's played every minute for a reason because he's so good at left back, right back or as a 3rd CB. Absolutely gutted.

Agree.  JJ got his chance from a terrible injury to Ricardo.  Up to Thomas now to make the step to regular first team football.  Lets hope he can use this to grow into the star that many at the club believe he will be. 

By the time JJ gets fit we could have 4 of the best fullbacks in the Prem.

• Like 2

Klopp better not mention anything about their injury list tomorrow. Brendan have a word 👊 😂.

Gutted for JJ, such a long recovery. I'm sure Ricardo will be a great support to him.  Thankfully we have Ricardo back and Timmy next week. Thomas has looked good, game time will help him massively. So sad for him and to hear he was upset is heartbreaking. Get well soon JJ!

Edited by Hales

2 minutes ago, themightyfin said:

This idiot. And cane from Danny's Instagram.  Signed for the u23 so technically he's available for the fa Cup. Im out of here. 

Only thing on his Instagram is that he played 70 mins for the 23’s. Not that he signed. 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I would like to know what Rodgers previous clubs injuries record is. If its also shocking then there's definite cause for questioning, he asks a lot of his players.

I'm more inclined to believe its the result of having vietually no offseason and then such a crammed first half of the season. Virtually every club in the Premier League seems to have an injury list longer than my arm.

I guess this brings up another point though, that if you want to play high-intensity, high-pressing football, its going to be harder on your players.

• Like 1

Awful news, poor JJ! Surely a shoe-in for England at the moment too, and he gets an injury like this...

Get well soon! Even if he doesn't play again this season hell probably be my POTS.

Am I right in thinking we're not allowed to use our cryotherapy chambers due to COVID by the way? That might be playing a part in why we're getting so many injuries...

5 minutes ago, GingerrrFox said:

Worse than Ricardo’s ACL year is the rumour. Hopefully it’s not a full rupture. 

We should be careful making statements like this.

Ultimately, if you need an operation it makes no real difference if you're dealing with a total rupture or partial tear given you're replacing the ligament in both scenarios.

What would make things worse would be if there was additional damage to other tissue in the knee which might delay the start to rehab.

Edited by martyn
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, HoChiMinhFOX said:

Did the same. I imagine him having heard a pop and being able to walk fairly well afterwards that it's likely a complete rupture. If it was a tear it would be a lot more painful.

Just been reported that it's torn not ruptured. 

At the time he didn't look in agony so doubtful was a rupture. 

So hopefully a grade 1 rather than 2... 

1 minute ago, martyn said:

We should be careful making statements like this.

Ultimately, if you need an operation it makes no real difference if you're dealing with a total rupture or partial tear given you're replacing the ligament in both scenarios.

What would make things worse would be if there was additional damage to other tissue in the knee.

Thats not the case mate. 

If you rupture you have to rebuild the ligament from a hamstring graft. Which effects your hamstring aswell do 2 I juries in 1 essentially... 

Where if its torn there is scope to repair the ligament, as long as the % of tissue remaining is a good proportion. 

• Like 1