Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Tuna

Liverpool (H) Match Thread - Sat 13/02/21 @ 12.30 BT Sports

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

To be fair the team that have beat Liverpool haven't gone toe to toe with them, they have sat back and picked them off. 

Never worked for us though. We always try and sit back and pick them off but they just pull us apart. The one time we gave them a game was when we lost 2-1 at Anfield to the dodgy penalty. We started off trying to contain them, went 1 down, got let off the leash, drew level, and lost it to a dodgy penalty.

5 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Souness was saying this on sky the other day as well, when he eventually got his point out after going round the houses 5 times. Feels like listening to my 98 year old Gran listening to souness. Repeats himself alot, forgets words and loses his train of thought and often makes little sense  

Ah, posts on here I think, I think I’ve read him. 

I've just looked how we lined up against them last time:

Schmeichel 

Fofana, Evans, Fuchs

Albrighton, Tielemans, Mendy, Justin

Maddison, Barnes

Vardy 

If we go with exactly the same formation again and it works then something will have to have gone differently in terms of how we implement it. 

Or, alternatively, was it Einstein who said that repeating the same thing and expecting a different result was the definition of madness? 

• Sad 1

Ricardo is just coming back to fitness so he’ll probably get better each game. I wouldn’t read too much into the last match as this is a very different proposition.

Slightly irritated at how BT are rattling on about Liverpool’s injuries when we’ve had about 20 this season.

2 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Reminder that Dan Amartey played a blinder at the Etihad earlier in the season.

1 minute ago, Ian Nacho said:

People moaning about Amartey but don’t forget, he started when we beat Man City. 

He doesnt worry me in a back 3 - I dont like a back 3 mind, but that isnt down to Big Dan !

3 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Most important thing is that we put them under pressure right from the kick off. Lot of running and pressing needed today. Sitting back won't work unless we use it to draw them in, press, and counter.

Exactly this ( I’m sure it’s not lost on BR) 

the part of their set up that is broken/ disrupted is their defence and a  keeper who is under pressure for the first time . Their dangerous attackers will find a way of scoring if we just sit back . Also Mane bearing down on our area with the ever present threat of a dive will be something to look out for 

• Like 1