Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Aston Villa vs LCFC - Match Thread - 21/02/2021

Just now, cruzFOX said:

I don't want Vardy taken off until he bags a couple of goals. He's still missing the killer touch and finish at the moment and only way he gets it back is in a game like this where the chances will be plenty. I know he's injury prone but can we stop molly coddling him! 

If he hasn't fully recovered then he needs a rest though

1 minute ago, RowlattsFox said:

Vardy barely had a kick again. 

Primed and waiting for the chance he needs. Madders is always looking to play the quick through ball when it's on - at least three occasions these were blocked where he would have been 1 on 1. 

Also, won the aerial challenge for Madder's opener, and his shot on goal fell for Barnes. 

You do understand the role he plays now under Brendan? It means, that for large parts of the game, he may not see much of the ball. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, cruzFOX said:

I don't want Vardy taken off until he bags a couple of goals. He's still missing the killer touch and finish at the moment and only way he gets it back is in a game like this where the chances will be plenty. I know he's injury prone but can we stop molly coddling him! 

He’s started 3 games in a week we’re not molly coddling him 

Just now, Leicester_Loyal said:

Says a lot when Vardy is comfortably our worst attacker, maybe even player. Excellent first half.

Love how they go on about him having a quiet game on the TV... Watch his movement... Everytime villa double up on him... Created the space for Maddison... Barnes goal was a rebound from vardys shot... 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, The Blur said:

I missed the first goal as the stream frozen just when Timmy was challenging for a high ball near to right side touchline in our half.  What was the transition of play leading to the goal?

Youri long pass to the edge of the box, Vardy challenging in the air to knock it down, Barnes collected and chose to move it along to Maddison instead of shoot, Maddison with a cultured low finish in off the post in the bottom corner

• Like 2

Guest StevieLynex
2 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

He’s started 3 games in a week we’re not molly coddling him 

He would play for us if he only had one leg - he'd be more effective than Perez