Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Aston Villa vs LCFC - Match Thread - 21/02/2021

Im not sure what to be most excited about when we are like this...

Thomas... a confident, competent display from such a young player

Youri .... the sublime touch and quality of his passing

Barnes... the hint of excitement when hes on the ball

Madders .... the moments of magic

and ive not even touched everyone else... almost faultless display from them all... breathtaking ..... PLUS... Rodgers!

• Like 4

Head and shoulders above Villa so far.

If Villa get one back, I'd be nervous, especially on defensive corners.

But we look more like scoring next than they do.

I'd maybe withdraw Vardy early 2nd half, to protect him.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, kingfox said:

Right, as Ndidi is on a yellow...

Ndidi off, Amartey on

We all know what Big Dan is capable of in central midfield.

Personally I'd rather hamza or mendy of they are on the bench.. Amartey not played in that role for ages. Give it until 60 and take him n vardy off, get kelechi on too.. If we get a third, would like to see youri get a rest too

• Like 2

Half time.

Great first half. Castagne and Ricardo are really good combo on the right. This allows more space for Tielemans and Maddison in the middle as Villa are stretched. This also benefited Barnes and Thomas on the left, with both of them excellent. We have longed for Castagne and Ricardo both playing and here it is, albeit somewhat not as we expected! Thomas has been excellent at LB. Combing very well with Barnes and I like how he plays it simple.

Vardy’s movement has been great, as usual.

Just now, sishades said:

Thomas really looks the business.

It's brilliant the options we have

Castagne got Injured, I though f**

Then Ricardo comes back and quickly goes back off injured... F**k

Justin comes in, looks amazing... Out for season.. F**k

Now Thomas is taking his chance.. If we can keep this squad together for another season, odd addition and get them all fit.. We're going to be some force 

• Like 2

I don't want Vardy taken off until he bags a couple of goals. He's still missing the killer touch and finish at the moment and only way he gets it back is in a game like this where the chances will be plenty. I know he's injury prone but can we stop molly coddling him! 

3 minutes ago, turlo said:

great first half from Leicester! Can see Rodgers looking for a 3rd goal then making changes at 60 mins to see the game out and try to give a few players a bit of rest

That would make sense...but we need another....

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

Wouldn’t you expect us to fall away a bit as the second half progresses after Thursday ??.

No, should be fine on that front. If we were going to struggle for fatigue due to Europa league game it would’ve been in the form of a slow, tired start. Once the legs are moving and the lactic acid is negated second half should be fine. Had a lot of the ball first half too