Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

LCFC vs Slavia Prague (2nd Leg) - Match Thread - 25/02/2021

Not our strongest line up by a long shot, but there's enough quality on the bench that we should be able to go up a gear second half if needed.

Hopefully we'll start strongly and won't have the need to look to the bench for answers.

Big game for Ünder, hopefully he can provide a moment of magic as we could be pretty stale without either of Maddison/Barnes from the start.

• Like 1

Not a terrible a line up as some seem to make out. Especially when you consider the injuries and the couple just back from injuries.. I’m not sure we should expect anything more.

Barnes can be a finisher and run at their tired defence later on.

Understand having amartey at RB given seeming concerns by Rodgers over unders defensive ability. Amartey doesn’t get forward so under won’t be so reliant on defence. I hope Under has a stormer

come on foxes.. we can do these foreigners!!!!

2 minutes ago, weller54 said:

PL top 4 finish is the priority.

If we go out tonight it will be a shame but no huge deal.

PL top 4 finish is, sadly, an extra 75m in the bank...and keeps our model sustainable 

Not sad we get 75m obvs. Sad that such a high figure forces glory down the agenda

Edited by Paninistickers
  • Like 1

Brendan’s ability to manage a squad, keep every single player involved and motivated to then produce for him is what makes him a top manager. Not really sure why people are so shocked/disappointed with the lineup. We’ve spent millions on a playing squad to be competing in all competitions so now just gotta let them play. That lineup should be more than good enough to beat these at home 

• Like 2

12 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Dan armartey at RB was a major limiting factor for us creating chances in the away game imo, surely we couldve played ricardo/castagne and rotated them over the next few days.

Amartey won’t be at RB it will be

Amartey Evans Cags

Albrighton  N’didi Hamza Thomas 

Youri

Under                 Vardy 

I imagine. 

• Like 4

2 minutes ago, mozartfox said:

In Brendan we trust.  If it is a choice between UCL qualification and going out of this competition, then most of us would accept the UCL placing.   Fingers crossed we can do the business tonight.

I remember thinking it was ok to lose to Chelsea in the fa cup in July .........

3 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

PL top 4 finish is, sadly, an extra 75m in the bank...and keeps our model sustainable 

Not sad we get 75m obvs. Sad that such a high figure forces glory down the agenda

The prize for winning this is exactly the same as a top 4 finish.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, TJB-fox said:

Brendan’s ability to manage a squad, keep every single player involved and motivated to then produce for him is what makes him a top manager. Not really sure why people are so shocked/disappointed with the lineup. We’ve spent millions on a playing squad to be competing in all competitions so now just gotta let them play. That lineup should be more than good enough to beat these at home 

Spoken like someone that is either heavily biased or doesnt watch a great deal of football outside of Leicester games :D

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Amartey Evans Cags

Youri

I imagine. 

Be 4-2-3-1 surely. Your predicted set up is suicide?

7 minutes ago, mazarron fox said:

Are you in the full strength team 64 matches a season brigade? Glad you are just on here not in charge.

Not at all. I just don't think that resting both Fullbacks at the same time and benching one of your most creative players whilst one of the other ones is out injured leaves you with a team to get excited about. 

So, how about you wind your neck in and let folk have an opinion without having a sly dig? 

6 minutes ago, Strokes said:

The prize for winning this is exactly the same as a top 4 finish.

Are you sure?  Europa League winners get 8.5m euros.  

About half a Ghezzal.

edit - Oh - i get what you're saying now.  Winning this gives you CL qualification.  Ignore me, just being thick.

Edited by murphy
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

Amartey Evans Cags

Youri

I imagine. 

If it’s a 5 it’ll be 

Amartey Soyuncu Evans

Albrighton Ndidi Youri Thomas

Under Choudhury

Vardy 

With it switching to a 541 when we lose the ball. Maybe hamza and Youri switch.