Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Burnley match thread - Wednesday 3rd March at 6pm

2 minutes ago, BigGibbo said:

Attacking changes at half time and lets go for it 2nd half. Can't cope with anymore slow sideways passing. This isn't rugby and Burnley aren't that good a team.

This will happen at 78 mins 

• Sad 1

We should have gone with the same side as the weekend but with Amartey in for Evans. Playing all 4 of Mendy, Ndidi, Choudhury and Amartey wasn’t going to lead to spot on build up play from the back.

Just now, HighPeakFox said:

What was general opinion on the potential penalty shout for Tielemans?

for me it's one that if it had been given it wouldn't be overturned. It would have been soft but I definitely have seen them given.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Sounds perfect, but if Wes isn’t fit it’s a big risk. 

I think he’s there as emergency cover and that’s it 

personally I’d bring Tavares on for hamza

I wouldn't argue with that either 

Watching this back 3 pass it across the pitch is giving me a heart attack. Soyuncu and Amartey having absolute stinkers on the ball.

This system brings out the best in Nacho, he has been our standout performer.

For those saying Hamza off for Fofana, that would reduce the ability of Tielemans to make an impact as he is forced up the pitch. I'd rather see Tavares for Hamza and then to get Ndidi into midfield, I'd rather Mendy off for Fofana.

Edited by martyn

The biggest problem we have is that our squad players like Amartey, Mendy and Hamza are all ok if they come in individually alongside our normal starters but when we have to start all 3 it's just not strong enough. 

• Like 1

I hate that Kasper is so obsessed on playing those floated passes out to our wingbacks. They are so predictable and often give Burnley the ball back in a dangerous area. Sometimes, just bloody hoof it and try win possession way up the field and away from our goal. 

Poor half from us really. Hamza and Amartey really struggling to play Rodgers style. They just don't have the quality on the ball that is required. 

Would like to see Fofana for Amartey sooner rather than later and somehow get Hamza off too but no idea who for, without changing the shape. 

Positives - Iheanacho looks like he is having an ON day, and Castagne and Ricardo getting some joy down the wings 

Negatives - One big one, oh boy do we look vulnerable when the ball goes into the box! 

• Like 3

Actually, since the Slavia match we are not playing well. First half, Burnley was extremely dangerous many times. We cant counteratack, we cant organize dangerous attacks, our game plan is hard to understand, we are playing as is a draw is OK.