Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
UpTheLeagueFox

Burnley match thread - Wednesday 3rd March at 6pm

6 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

What has happened to Soyuncu. He's looked really poor last few games 

Scary how different he looks since he came back, didn't think its be the case but for me as soon as Fofana is fully fit he takes his place immediately 

Just now, StanSP said:

Not great by any means but certainly not as bad as is being made out. 

Shit goal to concede thanks to Hamza's poor pass. 

Responded well. Sensational goal from Iheanacho. 

Just need to move the ball quicker and work it in behind. Castagne is doing well finding space on the left. They are there for the taking. 

Need to be more sure of our passes in general though. 

Agree, not great, but mildly forgivable (excluding Hamza) and Timmy looks decent, Ricky looks badly out of sorts as does Jamie to be fair and Mendy is not flash but good and steady.

Poor poor poor but somehow level. Question is would we be better going back to a 4231 for the second half. Wood is bossing in the air, but do we need 3 centre halves against what’s out there? Choudhury and Mendy off for Albrighton and Tavares and have a go at them

7 minutes ago, theessexfox said:

It’s Sidnei for Hamza at HT, right?

Hamza hatchet squad out in force then,HaHa. Must be his fault for all the other shocking performances previously too eh.

Sad thing is, he was a good prospect under Puell and gone backwards under Rogers, what an indictment

• Sad 1

Hopeless defending high balls into our box. If we lose it'll be because of this or a sloppy mistake from one of our players rather than a good passage of play from Burnley.

Choudhury is not at the races today! Rarely showing for the ball and his touch has been sloppy. 

Iheanacho has had a decent half aswell as Tielemans i thought. 

I would like to see Tavares make an appearance second half. Someone who is confident in possession and willing to try to make things happen. 

We need to move the ball quicker from the keeper when they’re in attack . All we’re doing is giving a defensive side time to get back and defend, which they do well. Don’t mind the playing it about when we’re trying to break them down, but it’s the slow transition that is nullifying vardy.

Back on level terms, and we look like we could go on and win this.

Choudhury makes too many of those mistakes and Mendy is a passenger. Surely give one of the young lads a run out second half.

Kasper having a brilliant game, the Vardy/ Iheanacho partnership works well I think and Youri playing well.

Would love to see Fofana for Choudhury and Tavares for Mendy at half time, Ndidi and Tielemans back in their natural positions, Taveres in the Maddison role.

Do that and I think we knock this, I’m going 3-1

Half time.

Great goal by Nachos. He played well generally and supported theory that he is a good link up player and much better playing as part of a front two.

Tielemans a little wasted still not playing as deep though noticed that Hamza has moved up a bit on the pitch to allow Tielemans to drop back.

Hamza in this role - useless and not an attacking player needed. Offers nothing defensively so far and gave away the goal, even though he looked at Ndidi and tried to blame him. Doesn’t get into any good position to allow a pass to him and when he gets a pass he is so desperate to get rid of it and pass backwards or to the opposition.  Must go off and be replaced by either Under or Tavares.

Edited by Tom12345

2 minutes ago, lcfcfoz said:

Hamza off Fofana on move Ndidi back into midfield and Fofana at the back, then if needed Amartey off for Under around 65mins if we are not leading

Sounds perfect, but if Wes isn’t fit it’s a big risk. 

I think he’s there as emergency cover and that’s it 

personally I’d bring Tavares on for hamza

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 1