Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

The fact you can't spell Leicester concerns me about your so called support...

It always makes me slightly uncomfortable when people feel like they have the right to question another persons status as a fan. What gives anyone the right to decide that they are a better fan than anyone else. Be more welcoming and friendly it just comes across as arrogance. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

But Vardy stays dangerous...so far not Nacho ,he started to Fall off....

I learnt years ago, because our coach doesn't sub my preferences....It doesnt make his decisions wrong...!!

Vardy wasn’t dangerous at any point today.

• Like 1

Give Vardy a week off, run out for a game before the international break then a real rest. Only play wilf as a cb when it's literally our only option. That wasn't the case today. He can cover there but we lose so much with him out of midfield. Give ihenacho his head and have him as our main man until after the break. Drop hamza. Give taveres more minutes. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, foxfanazer said:

I'm not sure I see the relevance? United ain't the ones we need to be worried about 

Because we can still finish above them. 

Also them dropping points at palace helps highlight that getting a point at Turf Moor really isn't the end of the world. 

Edited by ARTY_FOX

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

It always makes me slightly uncomfortable when people feel like they have the right to question another persons status as a fan. What gives anyone the right to decide that they are a better fan than anyone else. Be more welcoming and friendly it just comes across as arrogance. 

was just banter, hence the ... and :whistle: and also in reference to someone else mentioning if he was a fan. Chill ya beans, it's all good! :innocent:

Just now, STUHILL said:

was just banter, hence the ... and :whistle: and also in reference to someone else mentioning if he was a fan. Chill ya beans, it's all good! :innocent:

The last couple of pages has been filled with people rounding on a guy for not being a 'proper fan', maybe I quoted the wrong person but I stand by my points. 

44 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

Lack of effort ? I’d say quite the opposite. Just an awful lot of players playing for us at the moment who are borderline PL players differ

I beg to Differ Borderline...Top top 14-8 PL players....A few actually took & kept is in to the Top 4....

Any of you in here want to Keep bringing negatives, I'll bring 3Times as many positives....

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Bit then you surely agree, und injuries have been taking their toll, Plus neither,Ricardo, Vardy,Ndidi are yet Top fit Our Cover players are ok,but cant

Keep us competing continuation at a Top level...

so what do Posters Honestly expect....

ok Burnley lost to Spurs, but have beaten L'pool...

Forget the Teams Lack of balance...where the fk, is the recognition of our problems, from our  Bloody own fans...Brain Dead I suppose..!!

Recognition of our problems? Are you serious? We have spoke about our injury issues to death and we are all aware of it. Injuries has nothing to do with the fact for 4 games in a row we have been appalling straight after half time. When you have a makeshift team you have to fight, battle and dig deep. I didn't see that at all today. We looked ok going forward at times but defensively we weren't aggressive enough and allowed Burnley in way too often and if it wasn't for kasper, we could have been hammered today. A draw today is not a terrible result at all and once Brendan made the subs we did look better. Just because we have injuries doesn't mean we can't be critical about aspects of our game. If we are happy accepting crap/mediocre performances then we may as well throw the towel in now. 

And as for calling people brain dead, that is a bit rich considering most of your posts make little sense. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 minute ago, peach0000 said:

This. We all feel the emotion and passion of following and supporting our team and express that in our own diverse ways. That’s the whole point of a forum. It engenders debate.

Arrogant, holier than thou posters who condescendingly slap down others for making any kind of criticism of the team/management/individual players - even very considered, constructive criticism - annoy me more than any others on here. And yes, we all know who they are.

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, NaijaFox said:

I think the ball has to get to you first before you can hold it up... ask Vardy lol

Nonetheless, we played much better after the subs, but that's essentially because we also changed formation.

Your First sentence illogical, I was talking about the Time it did....& it did..!!

THough by then he had done a Good job.I Hope he Partners Vardy again at the weekend.

42 minutes ago, WhatDoesTheFoxSaid said:

I can understand why Under didn't start the match but I can't understand why Rodgers didn't use him later on the game. We have 23 million euro worth attacker on the bench and he is using a 19 year old player who has not played any premier league match before. I always supported young players to come on the pitch but for me this match was not that match. And we know Under can create chances against enemy defence much more efficiently.

I can only assume he doesn't pass it back to one of our centre backs enough, therefore he'll never be a Rodgers-type player. 

• Like 2

Just now, fuchsntf said:

Your First sentence illogical, I was talking about the Time it did....& it did..!!

THough by then he had done a Good job.I Hope he Partners Vardy again at the weekend.

First half Nacho held it up pretty well.

First part of second half the ball hardly got out of our half, and the front 2 were starved until we switched formation. 

1 minute ago, Hammo said:

This. We all feel the emotion and passion of following and supporting our team and express that in our own diverse ways. That’s the whole point of a forum. It engenders debate.

Arrogant, holier than thou posters who condescendingly slap down others for making any kind of criticism of the team/management/individual players - even very considered, constructive criticism - annoy me more than any others on here. And yes, we all know who they are.

Think this is being a tad dramatic. Playful banter and genuine personal attacks are very different. I see very little, if any genuine personal attacks on posters on here. Emotions are high, strong opinions are made, but let's not start making out that tongue in cheek stuff is somehow more than it is. 

44 minutes ago, WhatDoesTheFoxSaid said:

I can understand why Under didn't start the match but I can't understand why Rodgers didn't use him later on the game. We have 23 million euro worth attacker on the bench and he is using a 19 year old player who has not played any premier league match before. I always supported young players to come on the pitch but for me this match was not that match. And we know Under can create chances against enemy defence much more efficiently.

One of our forum members had wired Brendan’s testicles to the national grid upon pain of not giving Sidnei a bit of a run out this evening. Poor Brendan really had no choice in the matter 

• Haha 1

To be honest when I saw our starting line up I didn’t expect anything. It was so devoid of any creativity.

At one time I would have despaired to see Ndidi and Mendy both starting. Let alone Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza and Amartey. Surely the balance of the team would have been better served by squeezing Albrighton and/or Under in their somewhere?

With the injuries we’ve currently got this game was always going to come too soon. The depth of squad has also been exposed with the likes of Hamza and Amartey not convincing that they are anything more than squad players.

I can’t help thinking the starting eleven was incredibly negative though. It’s like admitting your limitations before you start and, as a defensive plan, goes out of the window almost immediately if the opposition get an early goal. 

• Like 2

I'm honestly not worried quite yet I think we are more up for it than last season even with the injuries we've got, potentially got maddison back soon plus a couple of others, hopefully have barnes back before the run in, also a game once a week instead of 2 a week after this weekend which will help, im hopeful. Let's do it and get that top 4 place, plus maybe an fa cup 😁 coyb! 🦊

• Like 1

Look, short term that was and is horrific but long term we still have a lot that is in our favour this season. I'm not throwing in the towel yet on top 4/top 6. 

What we know is this team is very delicately balanced and when we lose a few key players we are mediocre but we also have a touch more resolve now and with Maddison back next week hopefully and Fofana already back, it wouldn't surprise me to see us find our stride again and win 6 of the next 8.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, STUHILL said:

Think this is being a tad dramatic. Playful banter and genuine personal attacks are very different. I see very little, if any genuine personal attacks on posters on here. Emotions are high, strong opinions are made, but let's not start making out that tongue in cheek stuff is somehow more than it is. 

I respect your opinion but I think you’ve got the wrong end of the stick here, fella.

4 minutes ago, Jobyfox said:

To be honest when I saw our starting line up I didn’t expect anything. It was so devoid of any creativity.

At one time I would have despaired to see Ndidi and Mendy both starting. Let alone Ndidi, Mendy, Hamza and Amartey. Surely the balance of the team would have been better served by squeezing Albrighton and/or Under in their somewhere?

With the injuries we’ve currently got this game was always going to come too soon. The depth of squad has also been exposed with the likes of Hamza and Amartey not convincing that they are anything more than squad players.

I can’t help thinking the starting eleven was incredibly negative though. It’s like admitting your limitations before you start and, as a defensive plan, goes out of the window almost immediately if the opposition get an early goal. 

Spot on comment 

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Look, short term that was and is horrific but long term we still have a lot that is in our favour this season. I'm not throwing in the towel yet on top 4/top 6. 

What we know is this team is very delicately balanced and when we lose a few key players we are mediocre but we also have a touch more resolve now and with Maddison back next week hopefully and Fofana already back, it wouldn't surprise me to see us find our stride again and win 6 of the next 8.

I think not losing today will help our confidence. If we can win our next 2 games and start to get players back, then we are still well in control of a top 4 finish. 

Not sure what Brendan was up to today with selections and subs, but he has got enough right over the last 2 years, that suggests he will start to again. 

• Like 2