Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

Have to be content with the point on a night like this.

But the ****ing inconsistency of referees is so frustarting:

First half, Tielemans goes down in the area when the Burnley player has both arms around him - no penalty. 2nd half, Fofana does the same to one of them outside the area - free kick and a booking.

At the end of the game Ricardo gets booked for kicking the ball away, In the first Burnely player does the same and the incident is ignored by the referee.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, dayday said:

One thing was more noticeable, we didn’t look nowhere near as fatigued as Sunday.

We were not running around chasing the ball so much. That causes tiredness as does repeated losing, to the mind. Hopefully we can go on from this and get a win at Brighton. Need Vardy to step up though.  

Edited by oxtonfox

27 minutes ago, Sampson said:

I agree. Surprised people are criticising the subs of all things. We looked way better after the subs. Albrighton especially added an energy we were desperately missing beforehand

Yes..Posters Not seeing..Nacho was Not Holding up the ball, & the ball kept Coming quickly back....Good he went off...

1 minute ago, Fox1970 said:

First half, Tielemans goes down in the area when the Burnley player has both arms around him - no penalty. 2nd half, Fofana does the same to one of them outside the area - free kick and a booking.

At the end of the game Ricardo gets booked for kicking the ball away, In the first Burnely player does the same and the incident is ignored by the referee.

also their player fell on the ground in front of tavares and the ref given them a free kick. shocking all game tbh

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Yes we did, but I would argue the competition is in a far better position then during those times.

Yes I agree the competition is in a better position, but our title win was only 5 years ago.  I'm just highlighting that Passion and determination played a part then, as it will now.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

They were constantly diving. Kasper barrelled into after the ball.  That Fofana pissed me off, it looked offside already, linesmen chickens out with VAR, Vydra dives knowing if he plays on he gets flagged. Burnley get a free kick plus Fofana booked 

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yes..Posters Not seeing..Nacho was Not Holding up the ball, & the ball kept Coming quickly back....Good he went off...

Vardy wasn’t really holding the ball up tho was he? Nacho was our most dangerous player today. Subs did well but personally I would’ve taken Hamza and Vardy off for Albrighton and Fofana. 

Edited by funkyrobot

26 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

You don’t get a point at a place like Turf Moore without a bit of fight.

There was fight tonight, but with 8 players out the quality was missing. Ordinarily Amartey, Mendy and Hamza are not starting for us together. 

Yep All 3 wouldn’t even be on the bench together let alone the pitch 

• Like 1

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

They were constantly diving. Kasper barrelled into after the ball.  That Fofana pissed me off, it looked offside already, linesmen chickens out with VAR, Vydra dives knowing if he plays on he gets flagged. Burnley get a free kick plus Fofana booked 

Absolute joke the ref.

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I think the ball has to get to you first before you can hold it up... ask Vardy lol

Nonetheless, we played much better after the subs, but that's essentially because we also changed formation.

30 minutes ago, jayfox26 said:

Aside from our injuries, many parts of our game are incredibly annoying. The last 4 games we have been utterly shambolic straight after half time. Conceded to villa and nearly threw a 2 goal lead, capitulated against Prague, conceded against Arsenal and were awful again tonight until about the 65th minute. Why are we continually so poor straight after ht? 

Defensively we were poor tonight and we seem to always make Wood look like Giroud. Tielemans played well, kasper was immense and Nacho scored a great goal. The rest was forgettable 

Bit then you surely agree, und injuries have been taking their toll, Plus neither,Ricardo, Vardy,Ndidi are yet Top fit Our Cover players are ok,but cant

Keep us competing continuation at a Top level...

so what do Posters Honestly expect....

ok Burnley lost to Spurs, but have beaten L'pool...

Forget the Teams Lack of balance...where the fk, is the recognition of our problems, from our  Bloody own fans...Brain Dead I suppose..!!

24 minutes ago, WhatDoesTheFoxSaid said:

I can understand why Under didn't start the match but I can't understand why Rodgers didn't use him later on the game. We have 23 million euro worth attacker on the bench and he is using a 19 year old player who has not played any premier league match before. I always supported young players to come on the pitch but for me this match was not that match. And we know Under can create chances against enemy defence much more efficiently.

Ironically, I didn't want Under to be subbed-in on tonight.

It seems it's the only situation he gets to see any action, and he invariably ends up trying to force play.

7 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

Vardy wasn’t really holding the ball up tho was he? Nacho was our most dangerous player today. Subs did well but personally I would’ve taken Hamza and Vardy off for Albrighton and Fofana. 

But Vardy stays dangerous...so far not Nacho ,he started to Fall off....

I learnt years ago, because our coach doesn't sub my preferences....It doesnt make his decisions wrong...!!

Edited by fuchsntf

We missed the attacking presence of Barnes and Maddison and the defensive stability of Justin and Evans. 

Players like Hamza and Amartey breed nervousness through the team. Two incredibly awkward players.

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, KingsX said:

In this mad rush to slate most of the team, have I seen more than a brief mention of a brilliant goal by Kelechi?

That goal is what I'm going to remember from this match a year from now!  Not who was "crap" or "dog turd" (or whatever insults you prefer).

:appl:....:celebrate: