Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

6 minutes ago, WhatDoesTheFoxSaid said:

I can understand why Under didn't start the match but I can't understand why Rodgers didn't use him later on the game. We have 23 million euro worth attacker on the bench and he is using a 19 year old player who has not played any premier league match before. I always supported young players to come on the pitch but for me this match was not that match. And we know Under can create chances against enemy defence much more efficiently.

Debatable

4 minutes ago, reynard said:

Wow. Some of the comments on here are just ridiculous. It wasn't great but it never was going to be great. Take out most of our top players and the replacements are the sort that play for teams like Burnley. There decent pros but not top drawer. I thought we put in a lot of effort to come from a goal down and in the end a  point is better than none. We bank it and move on.

It isn't just the players out with injury either. Vardy clearly is both out of form and not 100% fit. Ricardo is a pale shadow of the player he was. A long way back for him if indeed he can reach those levels again.

There were some positives tonight. I thought there was fight and effort and a great goal from Kelechi. Fofana back from injury is a big plus as long as there is no adverse reaction. And no apparent fresh injuries.

Next two games are big and we need to get at least 4 points. There's going to be some tough results all round for the rest of the season. On the positive side we've put another point between us and Villa who lost at ten man Sheffield United. Just shows how difficult almost every game in this league is.

We just need to scrape together as many points as we can in the next few games and hope our better players get  fit soon. All still very much to play for.

👏👏

5 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Amartey looks like someone who has won a competition to play a game for his boyhood team.   Awkward and lacking in finesse.

He can't even take a throw-in without panicking. 

I have a soft spot for Big Dan but he is a really limited player. Despite his size, he's not that strong or good in the air, he's not that fast and he's so unconvincing on the ball. He's basically not good enough to be playing regularly for a team trying to secure a European place.

• Like 1

We were playing well and looking threatening. The past two games have since us miss and lose half of our best attacking players. Of course the quality reduces.

There is a reason a lot of these players are back-ups.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, adam said:

Terrible result. There is no way we are getting top 4. Not a chance. Manager making strange decisions. Picking the wrong side and system from the start. Then having to change the system after getting completely out played. Stop playing a back 3. It's bloody terrible. Stop playing hamza and play a right winger and put Ricardo at right back where he plays so well. Very harsh on Nacho taking him off. Looked miles sharper than Vardy.  Burnley were there fot the taking and we looking better when we went to a back 4. 

You are funny..

Just now, tom27111 said:

Yeah, which will ultimately cost us a top 4 place.

But we're only losing at the minute because Barnes and Maddison are out.

We'd have been easily beaten tonight if it wasn't for Kasper.

But yeah, decent point :blink:

I’m just using your logic against you to show how mindless your argument is. You’re seemingly saying “2 games without a win = season over” 

Crikey, hope you weren’t around in the great escape season, you’d have been suicidal 

At least we come away with a point. We have so many injuries in key positions and Burnley knew that as I've never seen them play like that, fair play to them. We could have lost that. A point is a point better then nothing. 

Substitutions was a little puzzling as I think Iheanacho should of stayed on whether Vardy came off or not, he really needs resting. 

I know Amartey is a makeshift RB but he's not a RWB. He offers nothing. Just feels too unbalanced. We have players to play LWB & RWB. 

Think next game we have to go with this-

Schmeichel  

Riccy     Fofana        Soyuncu    Thomas

Ndidi 

Albrighton      Tielemans       Castangne 

Iheanacho 

Vardy

Obviously if we get Maddison back then that speaks for itself but if not then this. Less disruption to the team. Keep it simple and players in their positions apart from Castangne. That is just 1 player out of position. Surely it makes sense then too many changes? 

Poor performance. You can't say you have ambitions of top 4 and Europe and put 8 defensive players out against a potentially relegation threatened team that just lost 4-0. You should be setting up to win not hold on and hope to nick it. Yes, there are injuries but if you looked at both teams available squads tonight, are there many Burnley players we'd want. Spurs beat Burnley by using 2 wingers, it's called a clue. We flooded defence and midfield and had players tripping over each other yet still conspired to try and lose 4-1 if it's wasn't for Schmeichel. As for the substitutions.

We should be looking at Burnley, Brighton and Sheffield United as an opportunity for 9 points. If you're ambitious you have to back yourself to win and not walk out with the attitude of merely avoiding defeat.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Yeh agree...The Comments on here have been rubbish....

Game was ok though...and of course like every season Top 4 is always hard to achieve...But we are still in it..... Innit..!!  :P

True, with players coming back we can still do this... we are in a great position so just need to keep that going. Avoiding defeat was a positive, a win on Saturday and things aren’t looking too bad again 

9 minutes ago, Vazman said:

In fairness we won the Premier league with exactly that, "Passion" and about the same amount of money, I agree at the moment injuries are hampering our consistency.

Yes we did, but I would argue the competition is in a far better position then during those times.

Just now, Les-TA-Jon said:

I’m just using your logic against you to show how mindless your argument is. You’re seemingly saying “2 games without a win = season over” 

Crikey, hope you weren’t around in the great escape season, you’d have been suicidal 

You we're the one who bought up 2 games without a win, not me, so don't put words in to my mouth and make it the main part of your argument.

If you think we're playing well enough to end the season in the top 4 and don't think the chasing pack will make up the defecit,  then fair play.

But I don't know what evidence you're basing that on.

4 minutes ago, Stevosevic said:

It's not entitlement. It's recognising where they are in the league and where we are. 

We should be beating them. When you're in the top 4 a draw is dropped points as teams around you usually win. 

Yes probably when you are a fully established top 4 side and you are able to bring £50million players into the line up like most regular top 4 side can, not when you are a newly competing side having to deal with a massive injury list, congested fixture list, and a small amount of squad depth in terms of players who can come in and play with the quality we need

Look at some of the squad players we are having to use tonight and in other games and tell me how many of them are likely to even get into Burnleys starting eleven? Amartey, Mendy, Choudhury probably on their bench, Fofana the only player on our bench that could start for them? Maybe Albrighton but just because he can cross a ball?

You can't just expect because we still have some our better players starting (most of which are also looking out of sorts, apart from Kasper and Youri realistically) that its going to raise the playing ability of some of our poorer players

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Aus Fox said:

Am I the only one who thinks he got the subs spot on today?

Can’t work out why so many are saying they were baffling?

Fofana on for Mendy allowed Ndidi to move back into his best position and gave us a bit more control.

Albrighton on for Iheanacho allowed the formation change - as good as Iheanacho was he’s not a number 9 and as quiet as Vardy was, you know he only needs a sniff.

Taveres for Choudhury showed a bit of attacking intent. 

Too late. Should have shown more intent from the start. At best it compensated for dropping Nachos.  The problem I have with Rodgers is that he is way too negative in team selection. Starting with 3 / 5 at the back, and then also Mendy and Hamza? Nachos is not a bad link up man and playing as part of a front two, and it showed during the first half, but we also needed an attacking midfielder to link up between the midfield and the front two. Tielemans is better off sitting deeper. Hamza was effectively picked for that role but he is not an attacking midfielder. He was picked for supposedly his defensive abilities but he was very poor.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, WhatDoesTheFoxSaid said:

I can understand why Under didn't start the match but I can't understand why Rodgers didn't use him later on the game. We have 23 million euro worth attacker on the bench and he is using a 19 year old player who has not played any premier league match before. I always supported young players to come on the pitch but for me this match was not that match. And we know Under can create chances against enemy defence much more efficiently.

Because he doesn’t rate him? I don’t, and I know I’m not alone on FT. €23 worth? Not on any planet!

Having read through the comments but I couldn’t believe it when he took Mendy and Nacho off. Thought Mendy was having a great game. He really mustn’t rate Under. 

I know people will point to injury and other reasons, but I’ve got to say I think we are seeing the decline of Vardy. Every game he looks completely off the pace and unable to impact the game in anyway. 

• Like 2

27 minutes ago, goose2010 said:

To be fair you your posts are usually decent but not sure why you think we can just turn up and win games. Have a look at the bigger picture mate. 

He s goosed & cant see in Front of his feathers..:twitch:

• Haha 1