Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Burnley 1-1 LCFC - Post Match Thread

I can understand why Under didn't start the match but I can't understand why Rodgers didn't use him later on the game. We have 23 million euro worth attacker on the bench and he is using a 19 year old player who has not played any premier league match before. I always supported young players to come on the pitch but for me this match was not that match. And we know Under can create chances against enemy defence much more efficiently.

6 minutes ago, shilton_fox said:

Can see you’re a glass half full type of guy ..

I love this type of responselol

I'm a positive guy that's just my view on how it's going at the moment. Were everyone that predicted we'd fade away last season negative or did they turn out to be right?

Edited by Stuntman_Mike

5 minutes ago, Hales said:

Give your heads a wobble! Top 4 gone? Jeez not in any way shape or form. We didn't lose, we got a point. We have Fofana back and others due back imminently. Burnley was always going to be the toughest. We can get more points in the next two. Positivity!

Far too positive for a post match thread. Get yourself over to the Calm Down thread!!! 

5 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

I don't slate them at every opportunity. 

We've been poor. Really poor.

I'm sorry, but if you want to finish in the top 4, you find a way.

We can't. 

What do you mean we can’t?

We’ve found a way to win most of the season, what we do over 38 games will decide if we finish Top 4, not one game against Burnley.

Last season we would’ve lost that, so given the circumstances we take a point and move onto Brighton

• Like 4

Wow. Some of the comments on here are just ridiculous. It wasn't great but it never was going to be great. Take out most of our top players and the replacements are the sort that play for teams like Burnley. There decent pros but not top drawer. I thought we put in a lot of effort to come from a goal down and in the end a  point is better than none. We bank it and move on.

It isn't just the players out with injury either. Vardy clearly is both out of form and not 100% fit. Ricardo is a pale shadow of the player he was. A long way back for him if indeed he can reach those levels again.

There were some positives tonight. I thought there was fight and effort and a great goal from Kelechi. Fofana back from injury is a big plus as long as there is no adverse reaction. And no apparent fresh injuries.

Next two games are big and we need to get at least 4 points. There's going to be some tough results all round for the rest of the season. On the positive side we've put another point between us and Villa who lost at ten man Sheffield United. Just shows how difficult almost every game in this league is.

We just need to scrape together as many points as we can in the next few games and hope our better players get  fit soon. All still very much to play for.

Edited by reynard
  • Like 4

19 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

Rubbish to be honest, left the changes well too late... going to be hard to hard on to top 4 dropping points to the lower sides 

Yeh agree...The Comments on here have been rubbish....

Game was ok though...and of course like every season Top 4 is always hard to achieve...But we are still in it..... Innit..!!  :P

1 minute ago, wardyfox86 said:

Whilst I agree to some extent, we aren't really missing half our team. We were missing 3 starters (Barnes, Maddison, Evans)

What we are missing is the squad players that can rotate, and our lack of activity in January is looking like increasingly poor judgement now.

100% down to tactics today on not personnel. The difference when changing formations was clear. 

Barnes, Maddison, Evans, Justin, Fofana (from the start), I'd even throw Vardy in there (he plays but he's useless). So that's 3/4s of our back four and our two most creative players. 

• Like 1

Just now, Jakemoore said:

This is a point gained given the circumstances. We honestly just need to get through this awful week and give the players a nice few days off next week when there’s no midweek break. And by then Maddison will be back out on the grass, possibly on the bench, probably not. And Perez will be available, and it’ll be a week closer to the return of Dennis Praet. 

Having said that, we were crap again tonight, if we don’t improve on Saturday Brighton will be beat us, especially given that they’ve had a week off. 

Brendan said after the game on Sunday “we just need to find a way” through this injury crisis. Make no mistake about it he knows the dire situation we’re in from a playing squad perspective, he will be buzzing his tits off with a point tonight. 

It’s going to be an absolute shit show performance wise the next few weeks I think but the aim is just accumulate as many points as we can to try and keep some sort of momentum going and keep the points ticking over. It’s not going to be pretty but it could literally define the season. 

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Yeah. And the nature of the performances 

Well sorry to tell you but the season was already a write off on 4 previous occasions, where we went 2 games without a win:

West Ham and Villa in October

Liverpool and Fulham in November
Man U and Palace in December
Everton and Leeds in January

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Vazman said:

In fairness we won the Premier league with exactly that, "Passion" and about the same amount of money, I agree at the moment injuries are hampering our consistency.

We also won the league in a standard 38 game season with basically no major injuries and playing 1 game a week. 

• Like 1

I’ll take the point as it helps protect the points buffer before the injuries subside.

For a so-called ‘elite manager’ Rodgers doesn’t half baffle with his selections sometimes. But at least he changed to a back 4 before we went behind. Thanks to Schmeichel and that wonderstrike from Nacho we got out of jail with a draw, which, crucially, stops the rot.

Choudhury, Amartey and Soyuncu all had shockers, with Mendy not much better, but what on earth is going on with Vardy? He is as threatening as a popgun right now. Looks like he’s never played with these teammates before, making the wrong runs, hiding behind defenders like he’s afraid to miss, offering no invention or cunning when in the danger zone... and he’s been like this for three months now. Very very worrying...

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Bert said:

Imagine things not looking good when you’re 3rd in the league lol 

Of course it's good that we're third :rolleyes:

I mean for us to maintain that position. It's catching up with us and I'm not convinced we'll hold off those closing us down. Just my view and I hope I'm wrong. 

2 minutes ago, Fox1970 said:

Amartey looks like someone who has won a competition to play a game for his boyhood team.   Awkward and lacking in finesse.

He can't even take a throw-in without panicking. 

I've never seen someone take so long to take a throw in....and the longer it took him the more likely he was to throw it to a Burnley player.... painful to watch

3 minutes ago, WhatDoesTheFoxSaid said:

I can understand why Under didn't start the match but I can't understand why Rodgers didn't use him later on the game. We have 23 million euro worth attacker on the bench and he is using a 19 year old player who has not played any premier league match before. I always supported young players to come on the pitch but for me this match was not that match. And we know Under can create chances against enemy defence much more efficiently.

Let's put it this way you can soup up a Fiat Panda but underneath it all it is still a Fiat Panda

1 minute ago, Vazman said:

In fairness we won the Premier league with exactly that, "Passion" and about the same amount of money, I agree at the moment injuries are hampering our consistency.

When we won the Prem, it wasn't with a better team individually but one that played to its strengths. Thats the difference, we have arguably more talent now, but I cannot identify if Rogers knows the best way to use that or has the ambition to

4 minutes ago, WhatDoesTheFoxSaid said:

Under is becoming the new Demarai Gray as far as Rodgers is concerned. I think he'd pay the postage to send him back. 

13 minutes ago, foxes_rule1978 said:

How many times have they all been fit? 

I don’t think our injuries are just down to congested deeper issue than that and also we should have more than 11 good players we knew we would be in Europe playing At least 6 games extra lots of games to share the paid if we bought adequate players in

12 minutes ago, Dr The Singh said:

I suppose last year's collapse is having peeps worried.

What worries me is our last 4 matches, we need enough of a buffer to be able to cope.

I’m really looking forward to our last four matches, particularly if the virtually the whole team is back fit.

This is why we wanted to get into the premier league, to test ourselves against these teams. Much rather watch us play Man City than teams like Burnley. Even though last season ended disappointingly, it’s ancient history as far as I am concerned. I’m not taking it for granted, but confident the lads will get top four this year!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, adam said:

Let's not go mad. This burnley side is playing no where near as good as they have over the past few seasons. They have scored 10 goals at home and only won 4 games. 

Fair points. 

For me, given the circumstances its a decent result that I'd have more than taken with how tired and downbeat we looked on Sunday 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

Well sorry to tell you but the season was already a write off on 4 previous occasions, where we went 2 games without a win:

West Ham and Villa in October

Liverpool and Fulham in November
Man U and Palace in December
Everton and Leeds in January

Yeah, which will ultimately cost us a top 4 place.

But we're only losing at the minute because Barnes and Maddison are out.

We'd have been easily beaten tonight if it wasn't for Kasper.

But yeah, decent point :blink:

Agree with Casablancas we showed fight tonight but we have appreciate the difference in some of our players. Players like Albrighton, Amert, hamz and Mendi are limited in quality and what they can give. We simply can't expect anymore. The quality players we do have on the pitch are not all showing their qualities. Vardy being the big one. Cags is the other. Foffana has just got back so will be better next game. Lets see who is back for the game at the weekend. ps. I hate watching us against Burnley! Its like we have a big vulnerable defensive scab and they know just how to pick at it again and again - painful! 

• Like 1